[3.6] Sidefx Vaal Molten Shell - Run through the game like it's nothing.

Hello, I'm Sidefxmayinclde
With all the recent hype over a video on reddit I decided to show you guys how it's done. This guide is a work in progress but here you go :)

Build still works just fine in 3.6 Nothing has changed! Awesome!

UPDATES:
I sold off the build to work on new projects, also wanted a HH but will do my best to answer questions and keep you guys going in a correct direction!

This Build is NOT a league starter is a little bit expensive to start.

Kill bosses before immune phases :)

Pros/cons
Spoiler

Pros
+ VERY High dps
+ AMAZING AoE
+ Super fast map clear
+ Crazy tanky because of constant healing

Cons
- Cant run ele reflect map and 90% chance to avoid status ailments (60% is fine)
- Pain in the butt to set up and get used to the playstyle
- Expensive

Videos
Spoiler

Not my video but shows the power this build can have with really good gear - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNQ69TIuHU4

Introduction/Mechanics:

This build focuses on Vaal Molten shell and burning your self to proc a heal and damage on your self to constantly proc the damage aoe, With conjunction of a few uniques you explode when getting hit/hurting your self.

Any questions please feel free to ask on my stream! Www.twitch.tv/Sidefxmayinclde or Click this image! please dont forget to FOLLOW to know when i go live!

3.5 So FAR
Spoiler
- Will be updated the more I learn, any questions feel free to ask

Bandits :
Spoiler

Kill all bandits

Required Uniques:
Spoiler

My current items

Spoiler

Stat Priority/Flask
Spoiler
Life - Elemental Resistances - spell damage

How to make the weapon
Spoiler
You buy a Void Sceptre Ilv 84+ SHAPER base, Then buy a 3 socket resonator and These fossils - Bloodstained - Scorched - Aetheric. Use on the weapon base and hope you have a open Prefix for the Spell damage and non chaos as extra chaos enchant. This cost about 2.5ex to craft each weapon. They well Very high with really good flip rate.

How to Off Color Chest
Spoiler
This video is still relevant and can help explain how to do this even past 3 sockets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycrneiNryNw, Do this before you chest is socketed. Cost about 100c in jewelers to 5 off color with this method. (can even go for the 6 socket but very expensive for little benefit) If you do not have the patterns they are found in Delve depths or find someone in trade with them. I can also help people out if im free. Lastly you could also use Vorci lv 3 and pray the RNG you land white socket over the green, then it's GG.

How to make the helm
Spoiler
You will want a Elder base with the 40% increased damage with Molten Shell and use a ESSENCE OF HORROR for the 30% MORE damage with socketed spell as this is HUGE then pray you RNG a 5th or even 6th Sudo link (example Conc effect) This is all RNG on how well your helm rolls. about 40c per try.

Gem links
Spoiler
6-Link Setup:
5link is more then enough as this chest is hard to off color
Last link Would be Increased Duration (red) or you can use Portal Gem here none Linked

4-Link Setups:
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO GEM LEVELS For CWDT

This build runs 2links in each 4 link item They are as Followed
-
-
-

Check "current gear" how they look"

3-Link Setups:

Weapon 1 -

Weapon 2 -

Ascendancy:

Spoiler
Pathfinder: Nature's Boon - Master Alchemist - Natures Adrenaline - Veteran Bowyer

Skill Trees:/POB's -

Tips and tricks:

1. You must Cast when channel till you get your first vaal stack then pop your flask and go go go :)
2. Pay attention to your surroundings

My other builds

Last edited by Sidefx06 on Mar 14, 2019, 9:43:53 AM
Last bumped on Feb 3, 2020, 3:35:31 AM
Never played with Vaal Molten Shell before but just might after seeing this
"
drgnwngs wrote:
Never played with Vaal Molten Shell before but just might after seeing this

It's a rough start and a weird playstyle to get used too but man o man, is it fun!
Why did you choose pathfinder if it is so far away from the ignite nodes? Is it fine to lose them and instead take master alchemist? Ive got a similar concept on one of my characters atm, running around with abberath hooves.
"
Nikefied wrote:
Why did you choose pathfinder if it is so far away from the ignite nodes? Is it fine to lose them and instead take master alchemist? Ive got a similar concept on one of my characters atm, running around with abberath hooves.

Pathfinder because flask and movement speed is key, also no you need the ignite nodes as they are how we do damage. Think of it as a hurt your self, let out rage type of build.
oh man looks like you'd crazy gain from elder helm with horror + immolate. what would you replace immolate gem with if you obtained such a helm?
It is a rly good guide but it is viable as Elemantalist or only Pathfinder?
"
xMustard wrote:
oh man looks like you'd crazy gain from elder helm with horror + immolate. what would you replace immolate gem with if you obtained such a helm?

You want elder helm as shaper adds attack modifier's, but if you land immolate you use conc. And vice versa.
"
icejunk wrote:
It is a rly good guide but it is viable as Elemantalist or only Pathfinder?

It could work as elementalist, but pathfinder I'd deff the stronger option. Also thanks for the complements on the guide.
How does this do with end game bossing (Uber elder/Shaper)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info