Path of Exile Hideout Competition

Last edited by Victorette on Feb 3, 2019, 10:07:49 AM
Purgatory of the Unrepentant Gods.

Tileset: Overgrown Hideout

The true death is to be forgotten. For mortals it is often unfelt, but to a god it is experienced as the slow and agonising creep towards oblivion. It is in these moments that gods truly understand fear.

Here, deep within dream, someone or something is using this fear as punishment. These are the last traces of gods who once knew untold power and used it for ill, never immagining they would be judged. Now they are doomed to sit at the brink of death, perhaps forever. Or...they were.

To you the shrines are crude, broken things, none seemingly from the same time or place. Your entry here changes everything. With each fire lit, each stone read, each seed planted, you admit their existence. Now the land is charged with desperation. Will you heed the whispers on the wind or the visions that appear to you in your sleep? Either way, the gods know that their jailor will not be gone forever.

Last edited by Pykish on Feb 3, 2019, 10:21:25 AM
Gday folks!

Here's my last entry based on the cartographer's hideout tileset.

Hideout showcase link: https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/268

Some screenshots:

Spoiler

The entrance to the home.

Jun tracking down syndicate activities.

Alva working on her rituals.

The shrine to the sisters. It doubles as a crafting station.

An overgrown map device in the garden.

Helena's workplace.

Tala Moana folks!
Hi, this is my try for the hideout competition :)

I try to turn my hideout into a place where ours exiles and masters can work together.
They all have a dedicated spot for their own activities :

Navali talk to spirits and makes prophecies,
Nico dig always far in the mine,
Einhar slaught some beasts, maybe cooking some of them
Alva prepare incursions,
Jun keep an eye on the syndicate prison while plan attacks,
Zana search after some clues in the atlas (with Helena's help, lot of work)

Here is an overview :

And this is the gallery with a lot of pictures ;)

https://imgur.com/gallery/HZUjpx2

Good luck all :)
"
KrZny wrote:
Spoiler
All Along The Mezzanine

By Krz

H/O file

This is my first submission to the Betrayal League Hideout Competition

Enjoy

Welcome to the Mezzanine, this is the balcony to your dreams

Here you have the power to go to any land the imagination leads

Palms, and many frond ferns disperse the falling drops produced from what appears to be a water pump of sorts

I know Einhar is just waiting to relieve you of your weighty wares after a good days spelunking, if you can stand the continual humdrum Niko puts up

But these are mere illusions, exile; how it be these pages that come to such life?

trust, you haven't found the way along to the next?

Mezzanine Courtyard

by KRZ

H/O file

This is my second submission to the Betrayal League Hideout Competition

You may consider this a companion to my first submission, or consider it as stand alone.

Welcome to the Courtyard. Here you can see the exit from the mezzanine

A narrow walkway leads onto the soft lawn

A large mechanical wheelstone with wares on display looms in the corner, Niko insists it is a waste of building materials

Einhar insists no beast can break from his containment

Jun awaits her briefings, eager to enter the wood just beyond

Alva seems more preoccupied with tomb raiding than tidying her flooded manor

Spoiler
bonus points for using all 762 objects, and not filling in the lawn with more clutter?
Last edited by KrZny on Feb 3, 2019, 10:48:29 AM
Forsaken Sahara

Album
Spoiler

Video
Thank you GGG for investing into lighting! It truly made my hideout a pleasure to create using various lighting decorations which enhances the overall scene in so many ways.

-VaroxExile

The Necromancers' Offering
Description:
A parch of impenetrable jungle inhabited by two necromancers whose offerings through bone and poison magic turn the land far worse than deadly to any outsider.

Editorial Note:
Watch on a bright screen, best viewed with max settings and low light gear.
(Portals not included)

Can you find the hidden offering guardians? There are 3 hidden throughout the hideout, guarding a small batch of loot.

Video:
Spoiler
https://youtu.be/gGI93RvJb1o

Edit: reuploaded better video quality

Screenshots:

The first offering of the Necromancers through foul poison magic.

Ancient and forbidden magic performed by the necromancer (bottom left), which is heavily affecting neighboring plant-life.

The second offering of the Necromancers through bone magic.

The necromancers' housing, huts far removed from the defiled ground.

The only entrance to this impenetrable thicket of jungle, torn by poison (green) and bone (red) magic

Last edited by VaroxExile on Feb 3, 2019, 12:11:55 PM
Ahoy! Welcome To Einhar's Ship - S.S The First One

(Disclaimer: The Ship Uses No MTX)

This is the first ship that Einhar ever bought, and Einhar loves ships. Why are the masters taking Einhar's ship out into the waters? To Explore of course!

The masters decided to travel across the lands to discover the hidden treasures on different islands, and are now making a quick stop before their next venture.

The Deck

Here, you can see the entrance of the ship. It isn't much, but its enough to carry all the necessities and keep the masters safe out on the waters.

The masters are prepared for anything and thought it would be a good idea to bring along a crane in case they needed to pull up anything big from their excursions.

While they intended to travel light, the masters have an incredible amount of cargo with them

The Bow

Here we have Zana, going over the map of Wraeclast to see which place they need to head to next

Being Einhar's boat, it is obvious that he would be the one steering it. Here he is getting ready to set sail

The Weapon's Stash

Alva and Jun were having a discussion about the weapons and armor that they carried. They wonder whether it will be enough for their adventures.

The Port

A while ago, there was a lifeboat here, but Einhar decided that it would be too much to carry on.

The Stern
Here we have some beasts that Einhar found on one of the previous islands that they visited

This is the back of the boat. It doesn't have much besides the steam outlet and some machinery to keep it sailing smoothly

The Quarters

The ship is not only well equipped but also has everything that the masters would need to have a comfortable time out at sea. Let's take a look at the residential quarters in the boat

Here we have the dining area + kitchen. The masters have enough supplies to ensure that they are stocked up when out at sea.

Next, near the Kitchen, we have the entrance to the master's rooms. They don't want us to see it at the moment because they think it's 'messy'.

The Study

Ahead of the kitchen, we have the research and study. This is the place where the masters can find the information that they need and go over what they have already found. It also functions as a library which has some of the most informative books in Wraeclast.

The study has a special portal device that lets the masters traverse to other worlds right from the ship

(With The Portal MTX)

(Without Portal MTX)

Video Tour Of The Boat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K3w5xY2re4&t=9s

Image Tour Of The Boat: https://imgur.com/a/PL8NHnV
Catarina's Foul Tower

Picture to catch your eyes.

This is my entry for the competition. I've got a few more ideas as what I want to add/adjust but I'm simply lacking the favour and time to sort it. As it's the last day this is what I'll have to settle with. Hope you enjoy! :)

Video: https://youtu.be/KgY5cgdE0xU

Screenshots:
Spoiler

Album of pictures https://imgur.com/a/eBqDJEs

Entrance with Stash and crafting close to both WP and Map Device.

Closeby, a prison cell. Nothing escapes Catarina's foul and brutal tower.

Jun gets the information she needs, one way or another.

Einhar incinerating bodies

The Map Device with portals up.

Ladder going up

The rooftop

Ladder going down.

Leo keeping the records.

Niko overlooking an ancient placque

Entrance to the ritual beyond.

What foul magic is this?

Portal leading to the beyond. Picture is bad and it looks a lot better live with blood flowing out of it. Please view the video for live action.

Last edited by BertilFalukorv on Feb 3, 2019, 12:21:52 PM
Hello everyone !

I'm proud to be part of this competition, as it is my first hideout ( i started Poe with delve league ).
Disclaimer : Very few MTX. ( few pets, and less than 5 HO MTX )

Hideout name : After the storm

" And the crew got caught in a deadly storm trying to land. "

Story :

We leave at dawn.

I teamed up with my dear Zana to encover the mysteries of a forgotten island. We asked the help of Niko, einar and Helena to achieve what seemed like a dark journey.. Niko was always the guy if you needed to explore some dark cave or gather ores for watever reasons. And if you need someone to hunt and cook for you ( and 'study 'the living creatures of an area ), Einar got it. Those two... i'm glad Jun and Helena joined the crew at the end. Jun got some intel about a murder linked to this place. So, now she want to inverstigate. A murder ? In a temple lost on the coast of a tiny, old island ? Well, we'll see. Helena will lead me the way, i know she will. And then..

i'll be surrounded by gold and ancient wonders.

Let's make history

Alva

Pictures :

Video : https://youtu.be/9Ysd7oQu4Ks

My computer is very old, so, sorry for the quality of the content. I hope you will like it, and thanks you GGG for making this happen ! I personaly don't want to explain every choice/element of the ho, as it is for me a part of the experience, to uncover those mysteries. I hope you like it, and good luck everyone !

Baleyine

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info