[3.5] Lightning vortex - 1-2 sec guardians kill, out of scale DPS - high and low budget

"
nubmoj wrote:
dude this build is cool and all but how do you manage the zero skill duration from tree ? having to cast bv every 2 sec is so annoyin. My winter orb has to cast like once every 10 sec and moves 10 times faster. also costly af but thats already been told.

Up to t15 I use increased duration gem, including bosses, in t16 I switch before the boss to conc effect.

Also, even with 1-2 blades, all is dead, so I don't cast that much, look at the vids.

I'm sure that winter orb is good, this is a different build, with much more boss killing capabilities.

The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
totally agree , the boss killing part of this build is superb and comparing it to winter orb would be wrong. Also my jewels are dirt cheap and poop :) still working on better ones and thinking about getting 1 skill duration circle for qol at cost of some dps . Thanks for reply !
chaotic neutral
"
rel4us wrote:
Added uber elder and pure Chayula run vids

Hi, how can you convert all to 100% lightning without stormcharger?
We have Phys to light gem, then watcher eye, and what else?
please let me know and Thank you.
---MEOW---
"
MeowyFace wrote:
"
rel4us wrote:
Added uber elder and pure Chayula run vids

Hi, how can you convert all to 100% lightning without stormcharger?
We have Phys to light gem, then watcher eye, and what else?
please let me know and Thank you.

Unfortunately, we cant convert more, but it works as it is.

I convert 89%
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
So, here is an update on possible gearing when you are rich and bored...

I took down shimmerons for

One is amazing, the other is mid level but it's hard to find crit to spells + crit multi + open suffix...

I took down the shroud for

Switched some crafted res and jewels with cold res to be pure damage.

The outcome:

6% more damage, no degen, HP is higher but effective HP is by 5% lower.

I still like it

EDIT: no mana problems with a pool of 1209 ES and 120 ES recovery.
Last edited by rel4us on Jan 12, 2019, 2:55:38 AM
Does a rare helmet have to have an abyssal socket to be better than tyrant? Or is -lightning res and the enchant enough?
"
Karriane wrote:
Does a rare helmet have to have an abyssal socket to be better than tyrant? Or is -lightning res and the enchant enough?

In general, even with the abyssal socket the rare does a bit less damage.

I switched to it as I wanted more life, as DPS is not an issue for this build.
Hello sir,playing your build right now and i have fun with it :)
Let me say thanks first!

Right now im not sure about Shimmeron, i just dont like taking lightning damage and also the damage from Blood Rage. Sure,it will get better with more life and things but i thought to myself, cant i play this with Mace and Board or something?

Thanks!
"
macmoogle wrote:
Hello sir,playing your build right now and i have fun with it :)
Let me say thanks first!

Right now im not sure about Shimmeron, i just dont like taking lightning damage and also the damage from Blood Rage. Sure,it will get better with more life and things but i thought to myself, cant i play this with Mace and Board or something?

Thanks!

First of all, thank you for the feedback.

Secondly, your leech got a lot more regen then the degen, but drop blood rage if you want, the shimmerons are kind of the main thing that deal damage, don't try shield charge setup as you barely have AS anyway, so running with 112% is much better.
Man this is good damage, expensive and slow however :S

Rotgut and Soul catcher are just about mandatory imo, rotgut gives a lot more movespeed given we're running blood rage and get 3 stacks every pack.

Soul catcher and vbv just one shots t15 bosses on its own off screen and mana regen doesn't affect/bother us, so can just be spammed.

vp focus 12s timeout on map entry is annoying but once you start off with leech you keep it up all map without issues.

poison on hit mods destroy me suprisingly, I suppose I just need more life on jewels and drop some damage. started maps at 2k, and only 3.8k at 75.

Good build, would be eager to drop shimmerons as well but not rich enough for decent pair of wands :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info