[3.5] Lightning vortex - 1-2 sec guardians kill, out of scale DPS - high and low budget

NOTE: This is an expensive build in general (from a 10ex budget and more, my gear is much more) - BUT IT'S WORTH IT!!!! The best build I have ever played and I did PP Indigon in the past 3 leagues that was way more expensive and much less powerful (but more tanky with the Zerphi's that is no longer good).

I have added a PoB for a cheap (less than 5ex) budget with really cheap and mid-level gear for many that have asked.

• IMy game skills are not that good as I played PP Indigon for the past three leagues so just take the basic ideas from the videos.
  • This build got nice clear speed, but not as a QoTF archer

Videos
Shaper run - Please watch on mute, forgot the mic on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g-7zMLx9WA&t=82s

Minotaur run - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0PsYD3S8Lw

Phoenix kill - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXRgp_7Itg0

Hydra run with 65% more elemental resistances - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKR-9c7HDUU

Uber elder (not deathless doe to game skills) net fight time of 1:54 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OASYfpAhVWU&feature=youtu.be

Pure Chayula run - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KufRhE5RZpU&feature=youtu.be

Aul (this is total end game gear) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU1c7Ci6qEk&feature=youtu.be

I will make more, I didn't have a deathless uber elder due to my gaming skills, also I will upload more crazy shit soon :D
Pros and Cons
[+] Insane DPS (over 15 million*)
[+] Very good Defenses
[+] Good clear Speed
[+] Unlimited "mana"
[+] Fun to Play
[-] Build is not cheap for very high DPS
[-] If you want to do elemental reflect you lose DPS for choosing a witch
[-] You need to get used to BV playstyle
[-] Capping resists with good jewels can be hard, so you may need to loose some life or damage at the start

*With my current setup.

Build Mechanics
This build is built on high spell damage that hits many times per target (blade vortex) We are going to reserve all our mana, and use the eldrich battery for unlimited mana.

We need one Item that has an Aspect of the spider:

You will probably make it on an amulet.

The amulet does not have to have anything but life and crit multiplier and 2 open suffixes, for crafting Aspect of the spider and Vaal pact craft.

Blade vortex is a physical spell, we need to convert it to lightning, we do that with 3 items:

You don't need the double Wrath jewel, conversion will do.

As power charges makes our DPS insane with 2 Shimmerons

We need to have power charger at most times, to to that, we use the support gem:

And also on the X I use this before bosses for maximum charge up:

P.S
As we are playing with Slayer leech, the damage from the Shimmerons is not an issue.

To have unlimited casting, one of the most BV builds biggest problem, I use this chest:

We take eldrich battery and we can cast for a long time without leeching, reserve all of our mana, and the chest may not have life, but the 10% reduced damage taken is life, on the top of the fact that Aspect of the spider will affect all that you can see in your screen. Also, it boosts up our DPS by a lot.

My gear + Explanations

NOTE: My gear is very high level, but I will explain what you can use on a more modest budget that will still allow you to complete all content.

Quick Text:
  • Crown of the tyrent
  • Shimmerons
  • Mark of the Shaper
  • Rare elder ring with warlord's mark
  • Fenumus' shroud
  • Rare Amulet with 2 open suffix for vaal pact on focus craft and Aspect of the spider
  • Command of the pit or rare gloves with life, resists (maybe physical conversion to lightning to use a penetration Wtcher's eye
  • Darkness enthroned or Rare stygian belt with life and resists
  • Stormcharger

SWAP for power charges and Whirling blades/Shield charge:
  • Prismatic eclipse + Jaws of agony

Gear Explained

This helmet is insane, with bleu socket it gives us 20% more DPS and a lot of life.

-

Get a good crit multi roll and you are all set.

-

This is our BiS, life and damage.

-

Any ring that will allow you to balance resists for the Wise oak flask will do, as long as it is an elder ring, Warlord's mark will be a nice QoL for you. Make sure that you have life and some resists.

-

On the amulet, you will want life, crit multi and 2 open suffixes for Aspect of the spider and crafted Vaal pact (people sell the craft for 2ex if you don't have the scorpion for the Aspect, the Vaal pact is common and cost 3c.

-

If you can cap and balance resists without a Stygian use this belt, much more DPS.

-

This is not a must, rare gloves with life and resists and conversion of physical to lightning craft will allow you to buy a cheap Wrath Watcher's eye for lightning penetration as well. Also, with one socket it's not that expensive and very good.

-

This seems wired, but it's the BiS for us unless you reach a level when money is not an issue, Get it maxed roll (very cheap) and try to get the lightning damage if you haven't killed recently for higher boss DPS (10% penetration will also work).

-

This is our MUST, and try to get vorici to white socket it, for swapping increased duration to conc effect (till then use Efficacy so it's bleu to bleu).

-

On your SWAP (when you press X), I use this to gain power charges and move long distances:

Flasks

2nd, 4th and 5th Flasks: These are the DPS flasks, the Wise oak will work as long as you have your lightning resist highest. The Diamond flask must be immune to curse flask.

3th Flask: The zoom zoom flask, important for clear speed

1st Flask: I use unti-bleeding with panicked divine flask
Jewels

The last three are a huge defensive and offensive boost but are more expensive. On the rare ones you will want life, crit multi, and ballance resists (get lightning damage to spells if possible or any increased that workd for us if you can afford it).
Gem Links

6L: Blade vortex + Lightning penetration + controlled destraction + Physical to lightning + Power charge on crit + Efficasy or Increased duration if you have white socket / Conc effect for bosses

• I use PCoC gen as it's not bad and a huge QoL for us
  • You can also use Inc AOE if you haven't taken the AOE nodes and remove Efficasy
  • If you play with 5L, remove PCoC and use orb of storms or corrupted Shimmeron to get power charges

4L: CWDT (1) + Immortal call + Vortex + Blood rage

• TThis is our defensive setup, blood rage is for me being lazy to activate it myself

1L: Flame dash

• On the helmet that must have a blue socket

2L-4L: Herald of Ice + Wrath

• Herald of Ice is for clear speed and QoL, Wrath is a must here, choose your other links, I don't have them as I use gloves with 2 abyssal sockets
  • If you got more links you can put a Rallying cry to boost your damage

3L: CWDT (20) + Flame golem (20) + Blind (20)

• This is also a QoL setup so I will not recast the golems

3L: Vaal righteous fire + Vaal grace + Increased duration

• these are our nova skills, boosts out damage and defense
Bandits

MUST: Eramir/Kill All (+2 Passives)
Pantheons

Must Major: Soul of Solaris (Best for this build IOM)
Recommended Minor: Soul of Garukhan (Bet for defense IMO).
Passives
You start from the Scion and after you do uber lab you change the tree, I will give here three timelines.

The passives are as follows:

Lvl 63; Before Uber lab.

After you take the path of the witch (uber lab points) this will be the tree at level 83 : Lvl 83 From here on take life nodes

If you can afford two Might of the meek and Unnatural instinct jewels, this will be your level 93 tree with Inquisitor instead of a witch: Lvl 93

Path of Building Paste Bin
https://pastebin.com/FcKLJjgv - DPS is before culling strike, this is the optimal realistic gear set.

This is for a more budget build: https://pastebin.com/M7bjtCYa

This is when you got no money problems: https://pastebin.com/DACfDQ6P

This is the budget PoB: https://pastebin.com/yXpRPDHA DPS is with no shock included (and culling strike), you can shock to 50% monsters that have up to 12M life, so vs guardians it's about 25% more damage for a total of about 3.7M shaper DPS and with Vaal BV it's almost 6M shaper for 3 sec.
Final Thoughts and Considerations

This is by far the most OP build I have ever played, charging up is easy, DPS on increased duration does all content EZ, I love it, hope you will too.

NOTE TO ALL:

I didn't do a build guide for some time, so I'm sorry for my English.

T H A N K Y O U F O R R E A D I N G

IGN: Lightning_BV_BrokenAF

Big thanks to CantripN and Templar10 that made me think about some of this builds ideas
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
Last edited by rel4us on Jan 18, 2019, 9:58:23 AM
Last bumped on Feb 7, 2019, 10:58:09 AM
Disclaimer should be if you have 15-20ex lying around you can do this build
I've acquired some pretty expensive items by this time in the league (Acuity, +Crit +Pen Hatred Watcher's Eye, Unnatural Instict,) how hard would it be to convert this into a cold damage build instead?
Added uber elder and pure Chayula run vids
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
Last edited by rel4us on Dec 30, 2018, 5:20:30 PM
This is probably the best BV build out there, by far, and with ridiculous DPS, to boot. Play it while you can.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist build have 1.4 DPS, this build have 8.2+ DPS, is it real?
He has Shock ticked and Frenzy charges ticked despite not having any way to generate them, but other than that there isn't anything shady going on. Gear is quite good and Shimmerons are ridiculously strong. To his credit, with this much damage you will definitely be shocking things, just not the full 50% amount like PoB calculates it as.
"
xRustySpoon wrote:
He has Shock ticked and Frenzy charges ticked despite not having any way to generate them, but other than that there isn't anything shady going on. Gear is quite good and Shimmerons are ridiculously strong. To his credit, with this much damage you will definitely be shocking things, just not the full 50% amount like PoB calculates it as.

To shock the Minotaur for 50% you need a hit that does 1.8M lightning damage, I get to more than, that why I took down the witch and switched to the inquisitor.

"
ClassicEnergy wrote:
Disclaimer should be if you have 15-20ex lying around you can do this build

If you want the top damage you will need around 40ex, on a normal high gear it's about 10-15, but you can also make it on a budget:

1. a helmet with lightning penetration to nearby enemies + life = 20c
2. amulet without aspect - 15c
3. 2 max roll shimmerons - 30c
4. stormcharger boots - 2c
5. aspect of the spider unique gloves - 5c
6. 5L fenumus shroud chest - 35c
7. stygian belt with life and resists - 30c
8. craft an elder ring to have warlord's mark - 10-15c
9. mark of the shaper low-mid roll - 20c
10. watcher's eye with conversion to lightning - 30c
11. jewels with life + 1 damage mod + some res (total of 6) - 120c

Total is 227c, not including gems that you can level for free.

It's less than 2ex for 40% of my DPS (I do on a nova 16M, so over 6M will work).

I think that in this stage of the league many players have money, and they want to try new things, so I posted it mainly for people with 10ex and more to spend.

Still, I hope more people will like it, and try it.
YOu did it again damn op .

i started to buy things i just need watcher eye amulet and somebits by bits gonna start this tom morning
Last edited by rhenish on Dec 31, 2018, 8:37:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info