[3.5] Lightning vortex - 1-2 sec guardians kill, out of scale DPS - high and low budget

"
Man this is good damage, expensive and slow however :S

Rotgut and Soul catcher are just about mandatory imo, rotgut gives a lot more movespeed given we're running blood rage and get 3 stacks every pack.

Soul catcher and vbv just one shots t15 bosses on its own off screen and mana regen doesn't affect/bother us, so can just be spammed.

vp focus 12s timeout on map entry is annoying but once you start off with leech you keep it up all map without issues.

poison on hit mods destroy me suprisingly, I suppose I just need more life on jewels and drop some damage. started maps at 2k, and only 3.8k at 75.

Good build, would be eager to drop shimmerons as well but not rich enough for decent pair of wands :P

If speed is what you need, use phase run as well, I just don't play that fast.

The quicksilver flask is my personal preference, but I'm happy people change things and give their review on that.

The soul catcher is coming instead of what flask? I barely use vaal skills, only VS t16 guardians, and sometimes VS syndicate members on rippy mods.
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
I made a vid of Aul, as this is my first time doing him, I'm sure it's still a good vid :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU1c7Ci6qEk&feature=youtu.be
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
i just got the pit gloves and holy moly, this build is night and day with and without them. it is so, so much smoother, faster, and enjoyable with (i think this is what makes the difference) the added cast speed from surge. if you can figure out conversion i would recommend getting pit gloves (or maybe another source of big cast speed would work too) ASAP. I think I'm only converting like 83-85% (ptl gem, watchers eye), and it still feels fine.

i tried crafting some wands like OP, but after importing some of my examples to POB i quickly realized it would take both a long time and a lot of money to make something comparable to or better than the shimmeron. i think that should b everyones last priority.

circling back to conversion, i swapped thundershock boots for bubonic plagues and it feels way better. slightly faster running and quite a bit more hp. balancing resists was hard but i made it work with a little tweaking on the tree. only problem is between the boots, gloves, and 1 socket helmet, i am very very low on gem slots.

something someone recommended to me that i haven't tested yet- our last defense is leech, but vp is only up 1/3 of the time, and even with vp it isnt always as fast as youd life. they are very expensive, but you can buy belts with elder influence that have the mod "increased life recovery rate." i believe this will affect your leech, so you will leech __% faster all the time, which might be helpful for survivability especially in high level, later game, when u take bigger spikier damage. i welcome OP's thoughts on those belts.
Last edited by yoloqueen on Jan 18, 2019, 11:48:24 AM
"
rel4us wrote:
I made a vid of Aul, as this is my first time doing him, I'm sure it's still a good vid :D

7.5k hp on this build, jesus. i can only imagine how u did that. and to think i was proud of hitting 5.7k on this guy!
"
"
rel4us wrote:

7.5k hp on this build, jesus. i can only imagine how u did that. and to think i was proud of hitting 5.7k on this guy!

lol, ya, DPS is really out of scale...

This is my current PoB: https://pastebin.com/SUaHy1yV
"
i just got the pit gloves and holy moly, this build is night and day with and without them. it is so, so much smoother, faster, and enjoyable with (i think this is what makes the difference) the added cast speed from surge. if you can figure out conversion i would recommend getting pit gloves (or maybe another source of big cast speed would work too) ASAP. I think I'm only converting like 83-85% (ptl gem, watchers eye), and it still feels fine.

i tried crafting some wands like OP, but after importing some of my examples to POB i quickly realized it would take both a long time and a lot of money to make something comparable to or better than the shimmeron. i think that should b everyones last priority.

circling back to conversion, i swapped thundershock boots for bubonic plagues and it feels way better. slightly faster running and quite a bit more hp. balancing resists was hard but i made it work with a little tweaking on the tree. only problem is between the boots, gloves, and 1 socket helmet, i am very very low on gem slots.

something someone recommended to me that i haven't tested yet- our last defense is leech, but vp is only up 1/3 of the time, and even with vp it isnt always as fast as youd life. they are very expensive, but you can buy belts with elder influence that have the mod "increased life recovery rate." i believe this will affect your leech, so you will leech __% faster all the time, which might be helpful for survivability especially in high level, later game, when u take bigger spikier damage. i welcome OP's thoughts on those belts.

Thank you for the input, about the belt, you can do that I guess, but it will be less life and less damage, so I'm not sure about it.
i haven't been using the darkness enthroned belt anyways because i need, at least for now, some resists on my belt. so i'd just be switching from a stygian with life/res and 1 socket to a non stygian that lets me leech 10-20% as quickly. seems like a good bargain.

anyways this is where i am now:

better amulet, abyss boots and gloves, 6l chest. warlords ring is still shit. how do i link my jewels in a post? also, any tips on what direction to go next? id love an instinct jewel but goddamn that thing is pricey
Last edited by yoloqueen on Jan 18, 2019, 12:52:49 PM
"
i haven't been using the darkness enthroned belt anyways because i need, at least for now, some resists on my belt. so i'd just be switching from a stygian with life/res and 1 socket to a non stygian that lets me leech 10-20% as quickly. seems like a good bargain.

anyways this is where i am now:

better amulet, abyss boots and gloves, 6l chest. warlords ring is still shit. how do i link my jewels in a post? also, any tips on what direction to go next? id love an instinct jewel but goddamn that thing is pricey

Your gear is good, to link the jewels you need to put it in your inventory and link it before moving them back to your tree.

Jewels can be better but it's pricy, about the belt, try it, it may be worth it on a 20% roll or so.
here are my jewels. abyss jewels are in my gear and non abyss are on the tree.

i looked for normal jewels more like yours, but the life + 2 multi start at 3 ex each which is out of my budget. i got lucky and crafted my own abyss jewels pretty much.
Last edited by yoloqueen on Jan 18, 2019, 1:18:22 PM
i think the belt is maybe not the right thing to do. according to pob a 20% belt takes my life leech/on hit rate (if i am looking at the right stat) from roughly 1200 to just under 1400. nice, but certainly not game changing, i dont think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info