[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Nice build, but I've followed it and somehow end up with 4.0 attacks per second as per the in game offense thingy. Have no idea what grants me more attack speed... None of my gear has any and I removed the Coordination node. Any ideas?
Last edited by Stoner74 on Jan 19, 2019, 1:40:39 AM

Feels pretty good so far, awesome clear and single target. I just feel pretty squishy at times. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
tankerglenn wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
@ chee/petrov and others who been into thoery craft heavy

Just throwing this out there...

A shaper exquisite blade is even better than cospris/lyco setup.

First it's a 7L since you can craft CoC lvl 20 on it.
Second over 7% native crit chance means you can play any race and still max crit.
Third you craft cant be evaded and more damage modifiers than Cospri can dream of.
Fourth you can wear any chest. Like Kaoms. Or finally go ES! Not that you necessary want to Loe weave is GG but frees socket space nevertheless.

When i PoB it beats my cospri set by 100K DPS or about 35%

https://pastebin.com/g2GjhRMr

Problem is blade cost 10-12ex to craft.

CC/CD

Quite new to coc mechanics so correct me if I'm wrong: Wouldn't dps be cut as the coc would alternate between frostbolt and ice nova?
Derp I forgot about that. For a noob you schooled me and I've made build guides on CoC. I'll shut up now.

It's still a decent idea - you can easily get your IAS up to 6APS (you need twice the IAS to keep the same ice nova proc rate due to alternating spells) for cyclone if you roll native T1 IAS on that sword.

I posted just before how I got a jump up in dps going to a gemini claw and a good ES shield - no reason you can't do that same. But to make it work you need to get EE, which will more than make up for the loss of a support gem.

P.
Can anyone help me with the aps and skill cd/cdr to get the max spells triggerd?

Bascially thats my build so far:

https://pastebin.com/Y9Lp1t0p

im at 0.13 skill cdr 19% cdr and 6,39 aps.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a1e0o1/psa_cooldown_and_aps_thresholds_for_new_coc_and/

this thread says "132ms (7.57 APS) for CoC with at least 14%"

But I cant figure out to get this high aps, I took almost all aps nodes possible on the tree.

Now here in this thread it says max aps = 3,75 with 14% cdr for optimal spells.

But a lot of lvl 100 Coc builds on ninja have over 6.6 aps.

Im kinda lost, whats the right aps now?

I thought if my spells cooldown = 0,13 I need to bringt my cyclone attack time also to 0,13 to get the optimal spell triggers. But the above infos suggest all different things.

Thanks guys.

"
mrpetrov wrote:

It's still a decent idea - you can easily get your IAS up to 6APS (you need twice the IAS to keep the same ice nova proc rate due to alternating spells) for cyclone if you roll native T1 IAS on that sword.

I posted just before how I got a jump up in dps going to a gemini claw and a good ES shield - no reason you can't do that same. But to make it work you need to get EE, which will more than make up for the loss of a support gem.

P.

Unfortunately doesn't work that way, you cannot get Ice Nova and another spell to both proc at 6+ per second, as that goes well beyond the CoC cooldown (you would need a CoC Cooldown of like 66ms to achieve that).

Currently, you are only proccing each spell ~3.75 per second with 14% or more CDR.
I went over all my gear and tree a third time and nothing gives me attack speed other than the recommended gear on this guide yet I'm getting 4.0 aps with cyclone. I'm lost lol

Edit: Goddamn am i stupid.. i was looking at vaal cyclone attack speed... Welp that's embarrassing
Last edited by Stoner74 on Jan 19, 2019, 2:21:58 AM
"
Hohenheim_ wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Just a short note.

An alternative setup is to craft a nice attack speed claw like this with hits can't be evaded (it's not cheap, given the crafting bench mods, but it is statistically easy to craft IAS on there - alt-regal-annul):

Then put frostbolt on your coc chest.

This allows you to run an interesting off hand shield too:

The key is also to have some non-cold elemental damage to attacks somewhere in your setup (and no cold damage on attacks), so you can proc EE.

EE more than outweighs the loss of the Ice Nova support on chest, especially for bosses (and trash dies instantly anyway). -50% res >> hypothermia for bosses

Now, you need to effectively double your attack rate for cyclone, because we have two spells proccing in our chest, not one. But given how fast the claw is, getting to 6APS (<14% CDR) or 7.5 APS (>= 14% CDR) is super easy.

The life on hit and mana on hit from the claw are obviously amazing, you will have no mana problems any more.

Enjoy!

Interesting idea for an alternate approach to the set up, however I still believe it is a damage loss overall.

Doubling the attack rate of Cyclone won't help proc more spells as we are still limited to 7.5 procs per second, so you will only get 3.25 procs of Ice Nova and 3.25 procs of Frostbolt (getting 15 crits per second doesn't mean 15 procs).

So now you've halved your Ice Novas proc rate AND removed the secondary Ice Nova from your Cospri's (going from a potential of like 10.75 procs of Ice Nova between your chest and Cospri's down to 3.25 from just your chest). Although EE does make up for a little of the damage loss, it doesn't get close enough.

What it does do though is add a bunch of eHP and eHP, which is kinda cool.

Hey man - not quite a fair comparison

Regarding the chest procs first (both using cyclone):

1. With Cospri @3.75 aps you get 7.5 procs per second (25% more)procs
2. With Gemini Claw @7.5 aps you get 7.5 procs per second

If we go Gemini, we lose (secondary) Ice Nova on cospri, but our frostbolt (on chest) is now supported by at least two support gems, which goes some way to offsetting the loss of Ice Nova on Cospri.

The right question to ask is:

Are the sacrifices - including the loss of a support gem for your main ice nova - you need to make to get the additional IAS you need to get the gemini claw to a 6 or 7.5 aps threshold worth the benefit vs cospri?

The key differences:
1. Get Elemental Equilibrium
2. Get about 60 more life and 40 ES
3. Get about 70% increased crit chance from claw + rare shield
4. Lose c. 75 flat cold damage
5. Get 27% of ele damage damage as chaos damage
6. Get 140% increased spell damage
7. Lose of 25% crit multi
8. Get 38 life gain on attack
9. Get 14 mana gained on attack
10. Get a chunk of resistance
11. Lose whatever you need to get the extra 100% IAS to get the same proc rate

It's not obvious to me which is the better option from the above...
"
Hohenheim_ wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

P.

Unfortunately doesn't work that way, you cannot get Ice Nova and another spell to both proc at 6+ per second, as that goes well beyond the CoC cooldown (you would need a CoC Cooldown of like 66ms to achieve that).

Currently, you are only proccing each spell ~3.75 per second with 14% or more CDR.

I disagree.

CoC doesn't have a cooldown ITSELF - it applies a cooldown to the spells based on their name. So if you have something hitting 7.5 times per second, it can proc spells at 7.5 times per second - if you have two linked spells, that means one spell at 3.75 and another at 3.75 times per second.

Similarly if you have something hitting at 15 times per second (eg cyclone at 7.5 aps), then one spell will proc at 7.5 times per second and the other at 7.5 times per second (assuming you have >= 14% CDR).
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 19, 2019, 2:58:15 AM
Can someone tell if the difference between 14%cdr belt+14%IAS cospris VS no cdr and 8% IAS cospris is significant and worth to invest?
I am currently at option two and I personally prefer having stygan with life/res but I wonder if I loose lot of dmg because of it.

Thank you
PoE nowadays looks more and more like a fork server with tons of custom weird experimental stuff rather than original game with carefully thought out balance brough live to players.
Hello Guys,

Maybe u can help me how to improve my gear? i feel it is almost at max.

I have unnatural and 2 x might of the meek.

What am i thinking is get a Rare helmet to cover resist, high HP roll and -9 cold resist and then buy a bubonic boots, what stats u recommend for helmet?

Also i can change my ring now coz enought resist... what stats u recommend for ring?

i also need to look for a betters jewels i know :P

I decided go to 12% Cospri and not 13% coz my connection sometimes suck a bit.

Thanks!
Last edited by Blazkino on Jan 19, 2019, 3:29:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info