[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Hey guys, just a follow up to my previous post about potentially going ES/CI with this build - and I'd say its been a successful, if a little expensive, transition. Bare in mind that I play in standard, so getting as much ES as I do might be tricky (especially the Vaal Regalia and helmet) but this could be circumvented with new betrayal crafting.

I decided to switch the tree up and make it a bit more dense, more focused on ES and the nodes in witch/Scion area, meaning less passives wasted travelling (it significantly lowered our strength which is ok because we dont have any life), however for the meantime until i get proper god-tier gear I need to waste 4 passives on the big fat dex/str nodes.

POB is here: https://pastebin.com/M6kNNdh6

It works very well and Im sitting at a comfy 9.3-9.6k ES depending on what boots im using. I managed to self craft the belt, mastercraft the helmet, and self craft the boots, which was pretty amazing. sometimes you get stunned every now and then which makes the gameplay ever so slightly less smooth but with Brine King we barely get stunned, and plenty of recovery so its never an issue.

Im still using a warlord's mark ring because Im finding mana sustain to be a real issue with this build, and the extra leech makes us incredibly tanky. Without a cooldown recovery belt/boots and about 9k ES i was able to facetank chayula and kill him very quickly - Im going to be trying shaper next when I fix the boots to have proper movement speed and resists.

I am continuing to use the Atziri's Acuity gloves because I believe they provide so much sustain to the build that cant be gotten elsewhere. also the +80 int is equivalent to 16% increased ES which is equivalent to 2 nodes on the tree. While flat ES from some rare gloves would be preferred none come close to the sustain this provides.

Overall its really fun and quite tanky, giving us more insulation against the powerful 1-hit shots from big scary bosses. While we lose the 80% resists from loreweave we do gain a significantly higher ES pool (could easily reach 10k+ with proper gear) and the major bossfights like Uber Elder often ignore or highly penetrate ele resists, making loreweave less useful.

Gear is here, if anyone is curious:

gotta do what you gotta do
Last edited by Ultraxite on Jan 19, 2019, 12:10:10 AM
As CI I recommend reading my post above yours and going trickser or occultist for huge ES. Of course you cant craft that sword in standard yet...:(
Git R Dun!
"
RebeccaHope wrote:
PoB says my attack speed is 3.84 with onslaught, but I have 20% cdr belt, do I need to go down to a 13 or 12% cospris? or am I fine with 20% cdr? anyone? please.. I can't tell if I'm skipping casts or if sometimes it doesn't proc because I don't crit on occasion.. it's really hard to tell. It doesn't seem like I'm skipping casts but I could be occasionally, I don't know.. I'm using devoto's.. that's why my aps is a bit higher than usual

the 16% on devotos is a lot. if you really want to use that helm you could cut the silver flask for a wise oak. that puts you at 3.3 and you could get some attack speed on jewels or other gear to get it close to 3.75
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
@ chee/petrov and others who been into thoery craft heavy

Just throwing this out there...

A shaper exquisite blade is even better than cospris/lyco setup.

First it's a 7L since you can craft CoC lvl 20 on it.
Second over 7% native crit chance means you can play any race and still max crit.
Third you craft cant be evaded and more damage modifiers than Cospri can dream of.
Fourth you can wear any chest. Like Kaoms. Or finally go ES! Not that you necessary want to Loe weave is GG but frees socket space nevertheless.

When i PoB it beats my cospri set by 100K DPS or about 35%

https://pastebin.com/g2GjhRMr

Problem is blade cost 10-12ex to craft.

CC/CD

Quite new to coc mechanics so correct me if I'm wrong: Wouldn't dps be cut as the coc would alternate between frostbolt and ice nova?
"
Hohenheim_ wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Just a short note.

An alternative setup is to craft a nice attack speed claw like this with hits can't be evaded (it's not cheap, given the crafting bench mods, but it is statistically easy to craft IAS on there - alt-regal-annul):

Then put frostbolt on your coc chest.

This allows you to run an interesting off hand shield too:

The key is also to have some non-cold elemental damage to attacks somewhere in your setup (and no cold damage on attacks), so you can proc EE.

EE more than outweighs the loss of the Ice Nova support on chest, especially for bosses (and trash dies instantly anyway). -50% res >> hypothermia for bosses

Now, you need to effectively double your attack rate for cyclone, because we have two spells proccing in our chest, not one. But given how fast the claw is, getting to 6APS (<14% CDR) or 7.5 APS (>= 14% CDR) is super easy.

The life on hit and mana on hit from the claw are obviously amazing, you will have no mana problems any more.

Enjoy!

Interesting idea for an alternate approach to the set up, however I still believe it is a damage loss overall.

Doubling the attack rate of Cyclone won't help proc more spells as we are still limited to 7.5 procs per second, so you will only get 3.25 procs of Ice Nova and 3.25 procs of Frostbolt (getting 15 crits per second doesn't mean 15 procs).

So now you've halved your Ice Novas proc rate AND removed the secondary Ice Nova from your Cospri's (going from a potential of like 10.75 procs of Ice Nova between your chest and Cospri's down to 3.25 from just your chest). Although EE does make up for a little of the damage loss, it doesn't get close enough.

What it does do though is add a bunch of eHP and eHP, which is kinda cool.

You don't need to remove cospris to do something like this, you can just replace your lycosidae with a hits can't be evaded multimod weapon for even more damage.
[/quote]

You don't need to remove cospris to do something like this, you can just replace your lycosidae with a hits can't be evaded multimod weapon for even more damage.[/quote]

Wait never mind, I'm retarded, you can't use EE if you use cospris.. however just having a multimod weapon with hits can't be evaded is still a huge dps boost. Probably more so than using EE without a cospris.
"
RebeccaHope wrote:
You don't need to remove cospris to do something like this, you can just replace your lycosidae with a hits can't be evaded multimod weapon for even more damage.

"
Wait never mind, I'm retarded, you can't use EE if you use cospris.. however just having a multimod weapon with hits can't be evaded is still a huge dps boost. Probably more so than using EE without a cospris.

I believe crafted "Hits can't be evaded" is local, wich means only hits with that weapon will be affected, while Lycosidae says "YOUR hits can't be evaded".
Last edited by sliverlz on Jan 19, 2019, 12:34:35 AM
"
tankerglenn wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
@ chee/petrov and others who been into thoery craft heavy

Just throwing this out there...

A shaper exquisite blade is even better than cospris/lyco setup.

First it's a 7L since you can craft CoC lvl 20 on it.
Second over 7% native crit chance means you can play any race and still max crit.
Third you craft cant be evaded and more damage modifiers than Cospri can dream of.
Fourth you can wear any chest. Like Kaoms. Or finally go ES! Not that you necessary want to Loe weave is GG but frees socket space nevertheless.

When i PoB it beats my cospri set by 100K DPS or about 35%

https://pastebin.com/g2GjhRMr

Problem is blade cost 10-12ex to craft.

CC/CD

Quite new to coc mechanics so correct me if I'm wrong: Wouldn't dps be cut as the coc would alternate between frostbolt and ice nova?
Derp I forgot about that. For a noob you schooled me and I've made build guides on CoC. I'll shut up now.
Git R Dun!
Resuming about the cdr speed and the Cospri's Malice attack speed, if we are using a wp1 with 14x ats that means we need to get atleast 14% cdr speed on the belt/boots.

12% cdr speed = weapon 1 12x AS
13% cdr speed = weapon 1 13x AS
14% cdr speed = weapon 1 14x AS

Or im completely wrong? Just asking because its quiet easy to get a decent stygian with high settings and a cdr speed 12% crafted.

Last edited by fak1t on Jan 19, 2019, 1:26:12 AM
"
fak1t wrote:
Resuming about the cdr speed and the Cospri's Malice attack speed, if we are using a wp1 with 14x ats that means we need to get atleast 14% cdr speed on the belt/boots.

12% cdr speed = weapon 1 12x AS
13% cdr speed = weapon 1 13x AS
14% cdr speed = weapon 1 14x AS

Or im completely wrong? Just asking because its quiet easy to get a decent stygian with high settings and a cdr speed 12% crafted.

That's not how it works. You need at least 14% CDR to reach the break point for Cast on Crit to proc every 4 server ticks instead of 5.

AS for attack speed, you need to adjust your overall APS to ensure that you attacks and the CoC cooldown line up correctly.

So with 14% or more CDR (only 14% and above matters, lower won't work, and you can't get high enough to hit the next break point) you should aim for 3.70 - 3.75 APS with Cyclone or 7.45 - 7.5 APS with Blade Flurry.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info