[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
EmelianenkoKO wrote:
So I see some people talking about using BF over cyclone. Is it just a matter of preference or is one actually better than the other on paper? Please let me know what you guys think.

cyclone hits twice per attack while BF only hits once. so you trigger coc more often with cyclone.
Hi guys,

So i managed to get warlords mark on my ring however i still run out of mana on ST fights.

Getting lab enchant is the only way?
Hi, it's an excellent build. I have had a lot of fun leveling with it. I'm now 90, doing end-game stuffs but I'm having trouble killing bosses, such as the Minotaur who keeps one hitting me. Do you have any idea what I could do to bump my overall resist/tankiness?

Spoiler

Thanks mate!
Hey, can someone recommend any upgrades going forward to more end game type stuff like t15 maps, tul boss ect ?

"
pinksagee wrote:
Hi, it's an excellent build. I have had a lot of fun leveling with it. I'm now 90, doing end-game stuffs but I'm having trouble killing bosses, such as the Minotaur who keeps one hitting me. Do you have any idea what I could do to bump my overall resist/tankiness?

Spoiler

Thanks mate!

CWDT and IC should be level 1 and frostbomb at level 10. you want cwdt to proc with as little damage as possible

you should get your loreweave 6 linked asap. you can get a lot more damage or link fortify for better defense

get a high rolled wise oak to replace the bismuth flask. you have to juggle your resistances so cold is the highest to get the cold pen

Last edited by qaizr on Jan 18, 2019, 9:28:18 PM
PoB says my attack speed is 3.84 with onslaught, but I have 20% cdr belt, do I need to go down to a 13 or 12% cospris? or am I fine with 20% cdr? anyone? please.. I can't tell if I'm skipping casts or if sometimes it doesn't proc because I don't crit on occasion.. it's really hard to tell. It doesn't seem like I'm skipping casts but I could be occasionally, I don't know.. I'm using devoto's.. that's why my aps is a bit higher than usual
I still dont understand why its so important to have 14% cdr and 14% attack speed on the wp1.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Just a short note.

An alternative setup is to craft a nice attack speed claw like this with hits can't be evaded (it's not cheap, given the crafting bench mods, but it is statistically easy to craft IAS on there - alt-regal-annul):

Then put frostbolt on your coc chest.

This allows you to run an interesting off hand shield too:

The key is also to have some non-cold elemental damage to attacks somewhere in your setup (and no cold damage on attacks), so you can proc EE.

EE more than outweighs the loss of the Ice Nova support on chest, especially for bosses (and trash dies instantly anyway). -50% res >> hypothermia for bosses

Now, you need to effectively double your attack rate for cyclone, because we have two spells proccing in our chest, not one. But given how fast the claw is, getting to 6APS (<14% CDR) or 7.5 APS (>= 14% CDR) is super easy.

The life on hit and mana on hit from the claw are obviously amazing, you will have no mana problems any more.

Enjoy!

Interesting idea for an alternate approach to the set up, however I still believe it is a damage loss overall.

Doubling the attack rate of Cyclone won't help proc more spells as we are still limited to 7.5 procs per second, so you will only get 3.25 procs of Ice Nova and 3.25 procs of Frostbolt (getting 15 crits per second doesn't mean 15 procs).

So now you've halved your Ice Novas proc rate AND removed the secondary Ice Nova from your Cospri's (going from a potential of like 10.75 procs of Ice Nova between your chest and Cospri's down to 3.25 from just your chest). Although EE does make up for a little of the damage loss, it doesn't get close enough.

What it does do though is add a bunch of eHP and eHP, which is kinda cool.
How do you guys sustain mana for cyclone? Aside from using Warlords Mark, since I don't want to drop Enfeeble. I tried Clarity but it's still not enough, even at a high level.

Currently at level 94;

Also, I have a Loreweave (not 6L yet) with 80% res and 50% ele damage, but only 25% crit chance, wich one you guys think is better? (other stats are pretty much the same).
@ chee/petrov and others who been into thoery craft heavy

Just throwing this out there...

A shaper exquisite blade is even better than cospris/lyco setup.

First it's a 7L since you can craft CoC lvl 20 on it.
Second over 7% native crit chance means you can play any race and still max crit.
Third you craft cant be evaded and more damage modifiers than Cospri can dream of.
Fourth you can wear any chest. Like Kaoms. Or finally go ES! Not that you necessary want to Loe weave is GG but frees socket space nevertheless.

When i PoB it beats my cospri set by 100K DPS or about 35%

https://pastebin.com/g2GjhRMr

Problem is blade cost 10-12ex to craft.

Here is code if you want to play with it in your set

Impaler
Exquisite Blade
Unique ID: 7e67b8b7de29a5bbb7d691d113aa4b498981befde843a4deeea9857c7c7b088c
Shaper Item
Item Level: 83
Quality: 30
Sockets: B-B-G-G-B-G
LevelReq: 70