[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
Blimp12344 wrote:
What would be the best upgrades from here?

21/20 Ice Nova (in both Loreweave and Cospri), perfect Wise Oak, shock (while focussed) craft on the rare ring, 14%+ cooldown recovery speed on a Leather belt.
Last edited by djnat on Jan 18, 2019, 2:47:41 PM
"
Blimp12344 wrote:

What would be the best upgrades from here?

Just at a glance with no PoB, CDR belt (14% minimum), and 12%+ Cospris to get your APS around 7.2 - 7.5
"
cKraken__ wrote:
"
Update/Progression: Completed Uber Elder with ease first time with this build. Thanks to @CheeQu and the community for theory-crafting and min-maxing the build. The high DPS nature of this build made the Uber Elder fight extremely easy.

There were comments by other users earlier in the thread to switch to Blade Flurry rather than use Cyclone for Uber Elder. I can attest that Cyclone with Uber Elder is easily doable. Furthermore, I personally switched out Cyclone with a 20/20 Blade Flurry from another build and the play-style was definitely not as smooth as APS is low. I believe you would need to include Faster Attacks Support into the 6L to make Blade Flurry feel smooth.

For anyone thinking of running this build, or others who are working towards better gear, I made a quick video of a few Shaper Guardian runs. The video showcases the high DPS this build can pump out against Hydra & Minotaur. To save everyone's time most of the video only shows the Guardians melting, all full runs under 2 minutes.

Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVtHc9AvytQ&t
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7vhMgyMZ54

My Gear:
APS in Hideout: 3.7

Thanks again @CheeQu for the well-written guide

how much currency did you spend to be able to clear maps like that? Is this a good league starter?

I spent roughly 30~ ex to get to this point in my build. I only self-found Pandemonius and Cospri's. The Unnatural Instinct + 2x Meeks & Atziri's Acuity were big purchases.

I don't suggest this build currently as a league starter since CoC is hard to level and takes a few ex clear red maps efficiently. I used this build as a starter for the Betrayal League: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2190819

"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
Unfortunately I am not able to kill MAsterMind Monster Lvl 80+ :( with this build.

This build can do MasterMind, but its not as braindead as other fights due to phases. I easily did Mastermind monster lvl 83, but required knowing the mechanics behind the fight and to stomp the spectral skeletons.

Another user suggested using Blade Flurry but it is not necessary and I would prefer cyclone since you can easily dodge the giant sweep attack Mastermind performs.

"
huyakf1997 wrote:
How does this build perform at delve ~300ish. I finished all endgame content with vortex build so uber elder is not my concern anymore. But vortex's clear speed is kinda slow so i'm looking for a new build and i see this build which look really good with high clear spd and single target potential. I'm planning on chilling at delve 300 until league ends so that's why i'm asking xD

This build easily clears Delve 300~ check my video for Delve 300: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7vhMgyMZ54

Delve 300 starts at 11:22 https://youtu.be/h7vhMgyMZ54?t=682

"
Draegan101 wrote:
I see Dread Banner in the gear but not in the OP. I'm assuming it's primarily being used for Fortify?

Dread Banner has been dropped in the newest update on the build guide. Fortify can be slotted in 6L for clearing maps.

"
Geoxide wrote:
Hello guys. I have a question about Pandemonius amulet. Is it really worth to buy it ?

Yea it is, Cold Pen+, Cold Resistance+ (to maximize cold resistance for Wise Oak), Perma Blind+

"
Bornforexile wrote:

So i fixed the things, now to just see if i can survive, I'm decimating T12-15 bosses now. Having a little bit of an issue with bosses that channel stupid shit at you and you cant get away or bosses that have phases or immunities but looking good so far. Just scared to tempt fate with the gaurdians lol

Shaper Guardians are super easy, Uber-Elder guardians are relatively simple as long as you dodge some of the attacks and manage flasks.

Here is me melting Uber Elder Guardians in under 2 mins. Even Chimera with the numerous phases is deathless. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7vhMgyMZ54

"
Gibbonsj01 wrote:
Having mana probs even after taking the %cost nodes on the tree. Anyone have any suggestions? My only thoughts atm are to get 2 mana on hit on a jewel, or run blasphemy warlords instead of enfeeble. Open to anything some of you may have done to help remedy this problem. Thanks!

Are you casting Vortex often? As CheeQu states in his guide you need to cast it 3-5 seconds to keep arcane surge rolling while mapping.

I personally have no mana problems. Im looking at your character you could probably change your life flask for a hybrid flask as a QOL for the time being if you're having mana issues while mapping.
I can't seem to find any information relating to going past ICRS 14 anywhere on this build. Does this stat do anything past the 14% for this build? I will be using a T1 ICRS belt, so I was just wondering if Divining the the stat to 20 was worth it?
Last edited by hamstereater on Jan 18, 2019, 3:37:20 PM
"
hamstereater wrote:
I can't seem to find any information relating to going past ICRS 14 anywhere on this build. Does this stat do anything past the 14% for this build? I will be using a T1 ICRS belt, so I was just wondering if Divining the the stat to 20 was worth it?

No, next breakpoint is around 51% (impossible).
Having trouble with physical damage taken, not the best gear obviously but can i swap to armour without any problems?

"
xNagato wrote:
Having trouble with physical damage taken, not the best gear obviously but can i swap to armour without any problems?

you should try the flask setup from the guide with a basalt flask
also you might want to swap dread banner for fortify until you can 6L loreweave
cwdt and IC should be at level 1...and use chaos golem instead of ice golem for physical dmg reduction
Last edited by qaizr on Jan 18, 2019, 4:50:26 PM
I hear and obey :3
So I see some people talking about using BF over cyclone. Is it just a matter of preference or is one actually better than the other on paper? Please let me know what you guys think.
Just a short note.

An alternative setup is to craft a nice attack speed claw like this with hits can't be evaded (it's not cheap, given the crafting bench mods, but it is statistically easy to craft IAS on there - alt-regal-annul):

Then put frostbolt on your coc chest.

This allows you to run an interesting off hand shield too:

The key is also to have some non-cold elemental damage to attacks somewhere in your setup (and no cold damage on attacks), so you can proc EE.

EE more than outweighs the loss of the Ice Nova support on chest, especially for bosses (and trash dies instantly anyway). -50% res >> hypothermia for bosses

Now, you need to effectively double your attack rate for cyclone, because we have two spells proccing in our chest, not one. But given how fast the claw is, getting to 6APS (<14% CDR) or 7.5 APS (>= 14% CDR) is super easy.

The life on hit and mana on hit from the claw are obviously amazing, you will have no mana problems any more.

Enjoy!
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 18, 2019, 6:32:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info