[3.7] Ice Spear Miner - Fun & Fast Machine Gun Simulator, Great League Starter

I've updated both the path of building and regular passive trees so that they should be compatible with the latest iteration of the 3.6 skill tree now. With any luck, GGG will give us a few days before changing the tree once again :D.
IGN: LepreTuggler
@LepreConMan

Hi there,

Im trying this build out as my starter and im doing well so far.

Only thing what i dont get so far is: Do we use clear min just for mana regen? As we loose spell dmg as Clarity reserves mana..

Confused....
It's not really obvious right away why I'm using Clarity, but if you look at my Watcher's Eye jewel it should make more sense. I'm using a level 1 Clarity supported by Blood Magic so that it only reserves a small amount of Life and none of my Mana. This means that I can have the benefit of both Clear Mind and my Watcher's Eye jewel.
So far so good, love this build! :D I have one question though. Why do we go for MoM on the tree while wearing Cloak of Defiance? Just for mana% nodes? Thanks in advance for response.
What links would you use for frostbolt or fireball (in the tremor rod) if we use one of those skills for clear and just swap in some gems for when we really need the extra ice spear single target?
"
Puma2265 wrote:
So far so good, love this build! :D I have one question though. Why do we go for MoM on the tree while wearing Cloak of Defiance? Just for mana% nodes? Thanks in advance for response.

Yes, that is what it boils down to. Because Mana makes up such a large portion of your effective hit points and the nodes behind MoM provide a very large amount of Mana, it makes sense to grab them. Taking MoM also provides some flexibility if you were to craft your own chest to replace Cloak of Defiance at some point in the future.
"
Runal wrote:
What links would you use for frostbolt or fireball (in the tremor rod) if we use one of those skills for clear and just swap in some gems for when we really need the extra ice spear single target?

I wouldn't really recommend using Fireball because it is a fire damage based skill, so your utility skills, Wise Oak flask and some of the mods on your gear might not scale it in the same way as Ice Spear. You would also have to re-color your Tremor Rod in order to use some relevant support gems for Fireball, or use a second Tremor Rod in your weapon-swap.

I had thought about using Frostbolt, and did experiment with it some. If you wanted to get the most damage out of it, you would need to slot two of the threshold jewels in and drop GMP from your main skill setup. Dropping GMP would allow you to use Added Cold, Cold Penetration or Hypothermia, depending on which supports are not already being utilized.
Is Ice spear miner stronger than Glacial cascade miner?
I'd say they're pretty similar in terms of single target damage, but I personally enjoy the Ice Spear playstyle more than Glacial Cascade.
I'm seriously struggling to color my rod right, and wasting so many chromatics in the process. Are there any other crafting methods I can use other than just spamming with chromatics? I've got 5 link rod and just trying to get 3B 2G or vice versa is stupidly hard.

Also, would it make sense to run the ice spear setup in a tabula and utility gems in the rod, until I can get the right colours? Or stick with the bad colours and use my cloak of defiance?
Last edited by biscuitpantsguy on Mar 16, 2019, 7:18:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info