[3.7] Ice Spear Miner - Fun & Fast Machine Gun Simulator, Great League Starter

"
clobberhead wrote:
spell totem works, i like manual also, and i like it in a cwdt. they hit me, i hit back, lol. thanks for the clearing up!

Cast When Damage Taken + Detonate would actually be a pretty interesting option for clearing with this build now that I think about it. My usual clearing pattern leaves me with a few mines placed behind me while I run into the next pack of mobs to place more down, as I'm placing new mines down I tend to activate my old mines to clear out the mobs on top of me. Using detonate in a cast when damage taken setup would allow me to automate some of that and just focus on placing new mines down and running to the next group of mobs.

I'll have to test it out when I'm able to.
IGN: LepreTuggler
Last edited by LepreConMan on Dec 28, 2018, 2:18:52 PM
How's the clear speed? Multi targets seem like it would be an issue? Single Target dmg seems mucho stronkage.
It's actually very quick once you get used to the flow of things, it's certainly not t1 clear speed but it's a lot faster than any other miner that I've played and much faster than a comparable totem build.

If I'm actually trying to clear quickly, I will drop mines and detonate at the same time then phase run between packs of mobs. One or two sets of mines is usually enough to clear the screen (and half the mobs on the next screen as well). Since the mines can be detonated twice, your second detonation usually occurs after you've moved ahead and the last set of mines will target anything close to you, even from off screen.
Last edited by LepreConMan on Dec 28, 2018, 4:59:44 PM
i dont think all the projectiles hit when you're bossing though unless its a big boss but for shaper/elder all the proj doesnt hit
Last edited by jayceenoodle on Dec 29, 2018, 4:34:12 AM
for some reason, my helm doesn't give me an extra mine. it doesn't matter if i socket in the helm or staff, same amount. i have hypothermia on it also, don't see why that would hurt anything.
Last edited by clobberhead on Dec 31, 2018, 3:15:56 AM
It would be helpful if you could link your helmet, you should place between two and three mines at a time with the helmet enchantment. Between four and five if you're also using Minefield in your 6L setup. The helmet enchantment doesn't increase the cap on the number of mines you can have placed at a time, just the amount that you put down each time you place them.
"
LepreConMan wrote:
It would be helpful if you could link your helmet, you should place between two and three mines at a time with the helmet enchantment. Between four and five if you're also using Minefield in your 6L setup. The helmet enchantment doesn't increase the cap on the number of mines you can have placed at a time, just the amount that you put down each time you place them.

oh, that explains it, thank you. i don't know how to link helm, i think my profile public, if not, will change it. nice build btw, you squeezed a lot into it. took me a while to understand the playstyle, might help if i read better. i was thinking it was like ice shot, were had to hit something first for projectiles to spread. now it is smoother, since its a distance arming thing. similar playstyle to kinetic blast miner. ovly difference with helm is hypothermia in it. i was trying out, cwdt + detonate, to see if it was worth doing. so put siphoning trap + bonechill, and bm + clarity in helm. with all the defense layers not sure if worth it though. unless cast speed on detonate helps, might just take out detonate gem, and put in portal.
Last edited by clobberhead on Dec 31, 2018, 5:22:10 PM
I'm glad to hear that its working out for you. One of my guild-mates is also running the build but with a slightly altered tree that picks up more life, he keeps telling me that he's going to make a post about it but we'll see :D.

I was looking at my regen in PoB this morning because I was curious to see if I would be capable of running RF as well for a big damage boost. It looks like it is certainly possible after you've stacked enough life regen from detonating mines. Since RF damages you based on your total amount of ES and life while disregarding your mana, this build is actually fairly well suited for using RF as a buff.

I haven't tried it yet, as I won't be able to play for another week or so yet, but against endgame bosses you could briefly double your damage output by activating Vaal RF and RF before detonating your mines. Assuming you've already stacked enough life regen, you should still have net positive regen for both life and mana although its unlikely you'll be able to sustain the mana cost of placing mines for very long while RF is active since it is a drain on your mana.

Taking the numbers from PoB, if you placed 9 mines down then activated RF and Vaal RF before detonating twice, you could achieve about 14 million damage against Shaper for those two detonations (assuming most of the projectiles hit). That should be enough to phase him near-instantly every time, another thing to try out when I have time to play again.
Hey thanks for posting this build, interesting to see a non-arc miner (reminds me of this gem: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2091993 )

When you're back at it, could you post a video of yourself clearing a map, not just a boss - which is far more impressive than anything I've done this league in any case ;)

Edit: I've also just stumbled across this other ice spear mine build (but doesn't use tremor rod) which might be nice for you to compare with
https://ru.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48037
Last edited by Lexame on Jan 4, 2019, 12:42:00 PM
Yeah that is the plan. I actually was in the process of recording a Minotaur clear but ran into Zana part way through and forgot that I was recording :D. I should be back online Thursday or Friday next week and will post some updates shortly after.

The other build you posted is certainly impressive, it looks like he's geared it more towards front-loaded damage while mine is built more around sustained damage (via tremor rod and all the mana regen, ect.). My final build will also include a wise oak (or dying sun), and Vaal RF (possibly in addition to regular RF), which should more than double my current damage during the buff duration.

Winds of Change is actually an interesting defensive option I hadn't considered, any source of knockback is actually extremely welcome in this build because of the number of times you're hitting. If it were possible for me to fit in in and still get capped resistances, I probably would.

Malachai's Artifice is also not a bad choice if you're able to fit it in. Of course you'll be stuck self-casting your golem every time it dies, but it would provide a nice chunk of damage against bosses.

Another item I'd really love to fit into the build is Pandemonius, I'm just not sure how much of my defense I would be sacrificing by giving up Atziri's Foible just yet but I plan to try it eventually.

I don't want to assume too much, because I haven't personally played that iteration of Ice Spear miner. I would hazard to guess that his version probably excels at one-shotting bosses more than mine, whereas mine would be better for content like lab, delve and incursion without sacrificing much on boss killing potential.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info