[3.7] Ice Spear Miner - Fun & Fast Machine Gun Simulator, Great League Starter

My gear from last league had a fair amount of investment in it, although most of the clips I recorded were from before I had a few key pieces of gear. You could certainly improve upon some of it though. I was hoping to get flat cold damage added to spells on my helmet as well as the -9% cold resistance mod and Place an Additional Mine for instance.

There are a lot of good mods that can only be rolled with shaper and elder bases or by using fossils and essences. With 3.6 we also now have the option of crafting gear with synthesized implicit modifiers as well. I'd consider my gear from last league to be a good example of what is achievable by most people, given enough time spent on the build, but I wouldn't be surprised to see someone eke out another 30-50% more damage with fully optimized gear.
IGN: LepreTuggler
what can we do to build a bit more movement speed? Onslaught obviously does not work with mines, and we don't have any skills that can help with MS buffs, besides Phase Run
the fast machine gun didnt work well for me :(
i think im to stupid to use "always attack without moving" or it doesnt work. dunno
i ve activated the option for ice spear for my shortcut Q and nothing happens. i ve tested some other skills and with another char, googled, reddit... and so on.
can u help me pls?
Last edited by h4rb10 on Mar 24, 2019, 8:53:34 AM
first time playing traps builds and at the moment so happy with this build

i kill shaper, guardians, elder, uber atziri and wanna trying to make uber elder if i can find it xD

Last edited by sherokuN on Mar 24, 2019, 10:03:27 PM
"
sherokuN wrote:

i kill shaper, guardians, elder, uber atziri and wanna trying to make uber elder if i can find it xD

nice to see you're using the Essence Worm + Zealotry setup.

i've found using this setup you can achieve much higher DPS numbers. Zealotry gives an insane flat spell damage buff, and with EW it is for free. you can even add on the Zealotry corrupted enchant to squeeze out even more DPS from Zealotry.

i've experimented using Wrath instead of Zealotry, but Zealotry just gives so much more flat spell damage, which buffs _all_ of our skills. also using Phase Run + Inc Duration + Arcane Surge really sorted out my speed issues. now i can spam Phase Run and basically have perma Arcane Surge.
"
what can we do to build a bit more movement speed? Onslaught obviously does not work with mines, and we don't have any skills that can help with MS buffs, besides Phase Run

I've not had much issue with the combination of a well rolled quicksilver flask, movement speed boots and phase run. It's certainly not as fast as a raider or deadeye, but my character has no problem keeping up with most of the people I regularly play with.

"
sherokuN wrote:

Awesome! I'm really glad the build is working so well for you. Uber Elder is certainly achievable, I completed it last league and I know a few others following this build have done so as well.

"
i've found using this setup you can achieve much higher DPS numbers. Zealotry gives an insane flat spell damage buff, and with EW it is for free. you can even add on the Zealotry corrupted enchant to squeeze out even more DPS from Zealotry.

Interesting, I'll have to try this out as well if I can afford to replace one of my rings. I'm currently in a private league without easy access to gear and I've just gotten my resistances balanced for Wise Oak, but if Zealotry is significantly better, I'll try to find a way to fit it in.
"
LepreConMan wrote:
"

I've not had much issue with the combination of a well rolled quicksilver flask, movement speed boots and phase run. It's certainly not as fast as a raider or deadeye, but my character has no problem keeping up with most of the people I regularly play with.

"
sherokuN wrote:

Awesome! I'm really glad the build is working so well for you. Uber Elder is certainly achievable, I completed it last league and I know a few others following this build have done so as well.

"

Interesting, I'll have to try this out as well if I can afford to replace one of my rings. I'm currently in a private league without easy access to gear and I've just gotten my resistances balanced for Wise Oak, but if Zealotry is significantly better, I'll try to find a way to fit it in.

yeah balancing your resists may be a bit of a pain. it was really easy in trade, but because quite a few of our items are uniques (with Essence Worm included), resistances can be difficult get achieve.

with Zealotry included i'm currently melting t13/14 bosses. still haven't got higher maps but getting there. clear is still fantastic and i'm not dying nearly as often now that i am used to the playstyle.
Last edited by biscuitpantsguy on Mar 25, 2019, 12:24:26 PM
Hey guys, I've updated the guide to add a small bit about using a shaped belt as a cheap alternative to a double Clarity Watcher's Eye. The belt is not a perfect solution, but it is much better than going without the mana recovery rate mod entirely.

My character is currently progressing very well in the private league, the only piece of gear that is really eluding me at the moment is the Watcher's Eye, but that was entirely expected. I just recently managed to complete Zana's questline up to the point that my next step is to kill Shaper. The biggest roadblock so far has been availability of red maps, but we're slowly building up a good stockpile.

I've been saving fusing and have currently gathered about 1,100 of the 1,500 I will need to 6-Link my staff using the crafting bench. I don't want to chance manually linking it. I hope to find the 6-Link recipe soon, now that I have reached delve depths 220, where the Primeval Ruins can begin to spawn.

"
Here is a snapshot of my current gear

finally I did all content yesterday kill uber elder a few times and I die a few times on all my attempts
trying to improve a little more the build on uber elder I find this video and I did it without dying https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROSxQ_W_POc

i have to say I kill every boss of the game easy but on uber elder was hard maybe because i didnt know the mechanics so well and im a noob but with spark and ice trap feels more safe

sorry if the video its not allowed just tell me to remmove it
How would you approach SSF HC perma league with this build ?
Pity the emperor who sits alone on his throne.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info