Righteous Fire/BV! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxing Play|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

"
valemau wrote:
hey man, mind checking my char and tell me if im doing good ? i love when i turn on the RF and everything melts but it does not last much and i tend to die.
Hey! You're still a little low level to sustain RF without your health going down. You'll likely need to be around level 55 to sustain it. I have a section in the guide that gives a few tips on how to sustain it without needing equipment:

- With the provided tree, select all the nodes as they come. Get all the south nodes, then work your way up.
- Equip and start leveling your Stone Golem as soon as it's available.
- Equip and start leveling your Purity of Fire as soon as it's available.
- By the time you kill Arakaali (the Spider Boss in Act 7) you can select the Pantheon option that unlocks (Soul of Arakaali). Have that and the minor God, Soul of Abberath selected.
- With all of your Endurance charges up, you're dancin'. ;)

One thing I swear was in the guide but I must have forgotten to put it in, is that you need to have Ramako, Sun's Light ascendancy node selected too.

There's nothing wrong with using it until then though. You'll just need your flasks and be fine with the occasional death ;).

Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

The tree looks great! Good job!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jan 7, 2019, 10:34:45 PM
As in all melee builds, this one is difficult to level and IMHO your guide lacks a lot of leveling information, such as items and skills to use etc.

Also end-game item suggestions would be appreciated.

Other than these, this is a very detailed and beginner-friendly guide, thank you for that. I missed it or you seriously need to improve leveling part.

When you get your hands on a Tabula Rasa (15c) and start using BV with 6L, mana becomes a serious issue. (Mana consumption increases with each support you use.) You should get % mana cost reduce and % mana regen nodes as soon as possible. I think you can skip endurance charge nodes until you finish the campaign.

Also, getting an Astramentis at Lvl 20 will greatly help with leveling and distributing passive points since this build lacks Dexterity and Intelligence. (BV is a Dexterity skill.) For Astramentis, you can get a cheap (6c) Lost in the Page Prophecy and spam Academy (T6) Map with your main until it drops. If this is your starter build, then you will have to get one from trade which is around 12c at the moment.

Two Axiom Perpetuums (1c each) will be good until you reach like Act 6. Then you might want to look for a better sceptre like Quartz Sceptre which gives 20 % elem dmg, instead of Axiom's 12. A pair of good rares will do the trick until you defeat Act 10.

For rich guys, Xoph's Blood (3,5 ex) is an excellent amulet for end game. I will keep this as a note to myself as well. You can refund some points from where Avatar of Fire is and use them for other necessities.

I am still leveling but I love the logic behind it because I am also a very casual player who like 2-button or lazy walking builds. Being able to use one main skill or another (or both) triggers me and I can't wait to see the final result.

Thanks for this build, I guess it will turn out to be better than other RF builds out there.
Last edited by coskungurel on Jan 9, 2019, 12:20:04 PM
"
coskungurel wrote:
As in all melee builds, this one is difficult to level and IMHO your guide lacks a lot of leveling information, such as items and skills to use etc.

Also end-game item suggestions would be appreciated.

Other than these, this is a very detailed and beginner-friendly guide, thank you for that. I missed it or you seriously need to improve leveling part...Thanks for this build, I guess it will turn out to be better than other RF builds out there.
Hey coskungurel,

Thanks for the feedback. This is the first league that I have done this build as a guide and posts like yours are helpful to restructure it and add details. I also appreciate the suggestions for gear and leveling.

Part of the purpose of my guides is to help new people learn the game. It's fun to not "need" any items or feel like you should need them, even while leveling. Being able to accomplish the game without needing anyone else's drops, to be able to do the whole game on your own, is a big factor in helping new people learn about the game (in my opinion). I think that a big part to learning the game quickly and efficiently is making choices for yourself while seeing how skills and items progress. To have to choose between Life, resists, and damage on the tree and in items teaches a lot. I find telling people which nodes to take, and when, takes away from learning. Sure their may be certain necessities that should be pointed out, but I like the idea of teaching via general guidance. So the guide is intentionally general for experienced players.

The hard part about this specific build is that BV isn't a natural reward for the Marauder and it's Dex heavy. So it's not the optimal build for a first ever playthrough. That and RF can be punishing if you aren't familiar with content.

I will be improving the "How to Sustain RF without Items" section quite a lot for 3.6 as well.

That aside though, I really need to expand the "tips for new players" in all of my guides. But whether I'll include suggested gear to level with, I'm not sure. But since RF and BV are obtained so late with the Marauder, this specific build likely does need a few suggested skills to level with until they are obtained.

I appreciate the feedback. 3.6's version of this guide will be much more polished thanks to everyone who has voiced their opinions. It'll be much more new-user friendly as well. And again, thanks for the suggested items.

Good post!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jan 9, 2019, 10:05:55 PM
Yes, you are right. Dictating people what items to use hurts the learning curve.

You could add suggestions then, what item bases can be used (leveling and end game) and why? What stats synergize best with BV and RF? And so on.

Even though I have been playing for a long time and consider myself a good player, I still cannot make sense of some mechanics and try a lot to wrap my head around them. Some mechanics are really tough to learn. Some people would like to have their hand held throughout the way.

In the meantime, some other suggestions:

Since you will not be able to sustain RF until 50+ , I personally preferred to focus on BV which turns out to be great after you pick up Ngamahu, Flame's Advance as your first ascendancy. With all those points in Health Regen nodes, you are golden.

After I started Act 6, I switched to dual Princess Sabres as physical damage turns into fire damage and this is a way better damage than % elemental damage you get from sceptres.

On Act 7 now and progression is smooth as silk. Hope I will be contributing more as I progress.

Thanks again for this nice build.
Last edited by coskungurel on Jan 10, 2019, 2:31:47 PM
"
coskungurel wrote:
...You could add suggestions then, what item bases can be used (leveling and end game) and why? What stats synergize best with BV and RF? And so on...Some mechanics are really tough to learn...Since you will not be able to sustain RF until 50+ , I personally preferred to focus on BV...On Act 7 now and progression is smooth as silk. Hope I will be contributing more as I progress...Thanks again for this nice build.
Good suggestions. Thanks for the feedback. I'll likely be including all these in the 3.6 version of this build.

Thanks for helping make it better.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jan 11, 2019, 9:42:17 PM
are you gonna put the pob link and some video ?
"
positronultra wrote:
are you gonna put the pob link and some video ?
The PoB link is in the URL section of the guide at the bottom. (I can't call it "links" cause that refers to "gem links" in PoE.)

I haven't made the video yet. I started trying out a different build for a third guide. I'll get on video shortly. Sorry for the delay.

Annnnnd

Just hit level 74 and having a blast.

Until I reached 74, I did deathless Kitawa, then capped resistances, did second labyrinth (took Hinekora), did maps 1-5 very fluidly with BV only then did third labyrinth (took Tawhoa). Then it occurred to me, what would happen if I used another fire based spell with all those fire support gems because we are totally focusing on fire damage?

I remembered Armageddon Brand seemed very nice and put it in instead of BV. This way I could give up on Hinekora and Took Ramako. I did that as well and was now able to sustain, even regen with RF.

I tried a few T6 maps with this setup and having a lot of fun with it. Armageddon Brand helps me keep my distance from enemies and increased AoE on my helm does the same with RF.

I will share some more insights once I hit 80 and finish uber lab.

So far, so good, so fun...
Hi, im kind new and trying your build, but its getting hard to play bynow, im lvl 84 and can`t do any map tier6+, almost 100 deaths already, what im doing wrong? u can see my itens and tree and give me a feedback? thanks!
"
coskungurel wrote:
Just hit level 74 and having a blast.

Until I reached 74, I did deathless Kitawa, then capped resistances, did second labyrinth (took Hinekora), did maps 1-5 very fluidly with BV only then did third labyrinth (took Tawhoa). Then it occurred to me, what would happen if I used another fire based spell with all those fire support gems because we are totally focusing on fire damage?

I remembered Armageddon Brand seemed very nice and put it in instead of BV. This way I could give up on Hinekora and Took Ramako. I did that as well and was now able to sustain, even regen with RF.

I tried a few T6 maps with this setup and having a lot of fun with it. Armageddon Brand helps me keep my distance from enemies and increased AoE on my helm does the same with RF.

I will share some more insights once I hit 80 and finish uber lab.

So far, so good, so fun...
I'm glad you're loving it:). Your changes seem like a lot of fun! Thanks for taking the time to write :).

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info