Righteous Fire/BV! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxing Play|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

use 4 points on the tree and take the Duration node just north of Shaper node, they will give 45% Increased Duration, that will also aply to Vaal RF, and tbh it makes you life much more easy.

/Sinn
-
Last edited by Kevink88 on Jan 5, 2019, 10:54:04 AM
I am currently at lvl 70 with rather good gear (kaom’s way and kaom’s sign, we have a good guild stash) and really enjoying the build since being able to sustain RF without endurance charges (rise of Phoenix made the final difference for me).

So now I found that I mostly prefer using just RF and movement skill for comfort because standing still every few seconds to re-cast BV feels like taking too much off my clear speed.

I have tabula rasa at the ready and thought to switch 6l BV and 4l RF to boost RF damage.

Is there any potential for a 6 link RF? Will it profit e.g. from Fire Penetration Support?
"
micard wrote:
I am currently at lvl 70 with rather good gear (kaom’s way and kaom’s sign, we have a good guild stash) and really enjoying the build since being able to sustain RF without endurance charges (rise of Phoenix made the final difference for me).

So now I found that I mostly prefer using just RF and movement skill for comfort because standing still every few seconds to re-cast BV feels like taking too much off my clear speed.

I have tabula rasa at the ready and thought to switch 6l BV and 4l RF to boost RF damage.

Is there any potential for a 6 link RF? Will it profit e.g. from Fire Penetration Support?
Great questions. I'm glad you brought up Fire Pen.

Fire Pen is only applied on Hits. So it will have no value linked to RF.

RF actually is really benefited by Increased Area of Effect. It doesn't improve the skill's damage, but the longer enemies are in RF the longer they take RF damage. It helps if you have the play style that doesn't stop moving. It also helps you hit your enemies from a little bit further away which helps survivability.

If all you care about is damage and you plan on sticking close to your targets, this is what I would do if I didn't want BV at all and only ran RF:

Ignoring Area of Effect this would be my 6L:

-RF
-Concentrated Effect
-Burning Damage
-Elemental Focus
-Arcane Surge
-Swift Affliction

Support skills add their gem tags to the skill(s) they are supporting. Arcane Surge has a Duration tag and therefore adds it to RF. Adding the Duration tag to RF let's Swift Affliction support RF for damage.

So in my default build, RF without any items (just the gems and the tree) RF does just over 32'000DPS. With the suggested 6 link it increases to 47'000. That's with Elemental Overload active, so you'd want your movement skill to crit. Oh, and Scorching Ray is not active for those numbers. If you travelled to Elemental Equilibrium on the tree, your DPS for RF would increase to 77'000 (but that would remove BV completely and you'd have to pick the different ascendancy nodes.) If you replace the physical damage ascendancy nodes with the totem ones, and turn on a full Scorching Ray, RF then gets 97'000DPS. That's without items or jewels boosting your damage. And that's not counting the Scorching Ray damage. Just the stacks of negative fire resist it gives to help RF.

Soooooo...that could work :).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jan 5, 2019, 11:13:35 PM
"
"
micard wrote:

Great questions. I'm glad you brought up Fire Pen.

Fire Pen is only applied on Hits. So it will have no value linked to RF.

RF actually is really benefited by Increased Area of Effect. It doesn't improve the skill's damage, but the longer enemies are in RF the longer they take RF damage. It helps if you have the play style that doesn't stop moving. It also helps you hit your enemies from a little bit further away which helps survivability.

If all you care about is damage and you plan on sticking close to your targets, this is what I would do if I didn't want BV at all and only ran RF:

Ignoring Area of Effect this would be my 6L:

-RF
-Concentrated Effect
-Burning Damage
-Elemental Focus
-Arcane Surge
-Swift Affliction

Support skills add their gem tags to the skill(s) they are supporting. Arcane Surge has a Duration tag and therefore adds it to RF. Adding the Duration tag to RF let's Swift Affliction support RF for damage.

So in my default build, RF without any items (just the gems and the tree) RF does just over 32'000DPS. With the suggested 6 link it increases to 47'000. That's with Elemental Overload active, so you'd want your movement skill to crit. Oh, and Scorching Ray is not active for those numbers. If you travelled to Elemental Equilibrium on the tree, your DPS for RF would increase to 77'000 (but that would remove BV completely and you'd have to pick the different ascendancy nodes.) If you replace the physical damage ascendancy nodes with the totem ones, and turn on a full Scorching Ray, RF then gets 97'000DPS. That's without items or jewels boosting your damage. And that's not counting the Scorching Ray damage. Just the stacks of negative fire resist it gives to help RF.

Soooooo...that could work :).

Excellent answer, thanks for the great support :-)

Thanks for the hint with increased area of effect! I believe I've seen gloves at some point in the guild stash that had "socketed skills are supported by level x increased area of effect". That would be awesome to get hands on such. Don't care about the PoB tooltip DPS, clear speed is everything and it will massively help. Will experiment a bit with your suggestions.

I certainly don't want to change the skill tree and steer completely away from BV, will just switch to 6l tabula RF when I feel like it. For endgame/high tier maps i believe BV could be necessary and the build will be excellent.

Just love the degree of flexibility.
As a player that dont have much time playing games at all, this build seemed perfect for me. I am lvl 59 now and i just killed the spider and got the pantheon skills. With them i should be able to run RF, according to your build. To my disappointment, i am able to sustain RF maybe for 30 seconds before i am down to 1 HP.

I have all of the gems, 78 FR (119), 3041 life with 431,1 regen, 6 endurance charges and i only miss 3 nodes for another 1% life regen. It's pretty crappy gear but according to this guide that doesn't matter?

My stone golem is lvl 12 and Purity of fire is lvl 13. At the moment i am missing blade vortex due to lack of DEX. Is that the reason that i cant run more then 30 sec with RF?

Hopefully its me and i am doing something wrong, othervise i have wasted my time with this build.
"
renberg123 wrote:
As a player that dont have much time playing games at all, this build seemed perfect for me. I am lvl 59 now and i just killed the spider and got the pantheon skills. With them i should be able to run RF, according to your build. To my disappointment, i am able to sustain RF maybe for 30 seconds before i am down to 1 HP.

I have all of the gems, 78 FR (119), 3041 life with 431,1 regen, 6 endurance charges and i only miss 3 nodes for another 1% life regen. It's pretty crappy gear but according to this guide that doesn't matter?

My stone golem is lvl 12 and Purity of fire is lvl 13. At the moment i am missing blade vortex due to lack of DEX. Is that the reason that i cant run more then 30 sec with RF?

Hopefully its me and i am doing something wrong, othervise i have wasted my time with this build.
Hey renberg123,

Thanks for giving the build a go! There are a lot of details to consider so I'd probably be able to best help you if you make your characters public in your privacy settings on the Path of Exile website. Then I can load your character into the Path of Building tool and see everything. If you're not comfortable doing that, I'll tell you when I'm finished viewing your character and you can disable it.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
So I made some trials with 6l RF today and after hours of trying different setups I found that only Increased Area of Effect is really beneficial, and BV looses a lot of DPS that is direly needed for bosses.

So in the end I went back to the original setup exactly as described in the build description. (Nevertheless I was lucky to get a nice helmet that has lvl 18 Increased area of effect from a fellow guild member though) :)

Last edited by micard on Jan 7, 2019, 2:16:58 AM
"
"
steiljeds wrote:
Thanks for this guide. I was able to give this a try and results are pretty good so far. Feel free to check my build so you can also get some idea of the equips...I am seeking too some more tips to squeeze this out. I am looking at using Carcass Jack Varnished Coat which will surely hit my RF to 190K and 446K BV for a loss of some HP (back to 6.8K) and resistance (still capped anyway)...
Hey steiljeds,

Thanks for the post. You're welcome! I hope it's been fun to tinker with! Your gear looks too sexy to mess with ;). I just posted this to the reply above, maybe it'll help you squeeze what you want in the build...even though it seems contradicting:

"BV/RF requires some patience once hitting the Red maps. Not every boss can be Face Tanked...even with 2 Kaom's Way. I'm not saying you're not patient though. That's more a comment for everyone else to consider. One thing to consider, is even though some good damage mitigation comes from our movement skill, only apply it when it's safe. I had to make this adjustment once I hit Red maps. I walk around the map until it's safe to get close to do some damage. When that time comes I use my movement skill to hit the boss and hold BV until I start moving around. I've found, that I accidentally ignore Enduring Cry and Scorching Ray. Even though they sound great on paper, I stay alive way longer focusing 99% on BV and using my movement skill to get around.

It sounds contradicting, but it's working for me."

Just like the previous person, your gear is hard to improve! So let me know what you think.

Thanks for checking it out.

Well yep, I actually invested on it. My Vaal RF whips out 1 Mil DPS now (according to PoB), shame it only lasts few secs though. I managed to squeeze out more with a good belt. Same with the other guy, I always forget casting Enduring Cry and Totem.

Sulphur Flask and Stibnite Flask are good for doing more 27% + 40% damage. But as far as squeezing, we have to worry on pressing more buttons getting away on relaxed play lol. What I did was program a macro with my keyboard to single press these combos hahaha.
Last edited by steiljeds on Jan 7, 2019, 3:58:31 PM
hey man, mind checking my char and tell me if im doing good ? i love when i turn on the RF and everything melts but it does not last much and i tend to die.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info