Righteous Fire/BV! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxing Play|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

Quick update as I had time to hop into PoE and do some adjustments:
-Completed second lvl of Ascendancy and got Ramako, Sun's Light (lvl 55 labyrinth, just used BV with new equipment and had no trouble)
-Upgraded chest to 6 link Carcass Jack (got luck roll for all needed socket colors)
-Equipped second Kaom's Sign ring
-Upon finishing the Labyrinth for a unique Grinning Fetish drop from boss (+25 All attributes)- swapped main weapon to it.
-In regards to the dex and int issues I had, I have addressed them in this way:
refunded two jewel sockets on the tree and went for +30 int and +30 dex nodes in between Tireless and Combat Stamina nodes. Once Grinning Fetish dropped I was able to refund those two and was only lacking couple points in dex for my BV, thus I put one point back into jewel socket and by my luck I had a +20 dex +6% elemental resistances- Survival Instincts unique jewel which took care of extra needed dex points.
-Swapped rare boots for Rainbowstride which give me +20% to all Elemental Resistances.
-Current 10 charge BV deals 2k dmg per hit.

-Still need to address the resistances issues, I am able to run the RF but still usually put on Clarity, Purity Of Fire and Herald of Ash as extra buffer- despite that I must note that most of your survivability and hp regen will come from Endurance Charges. Additional note, they will not always proc on hit with RF so it's a good habit of manually procing EC on nearby enemies before going into a group of mobs. Currently I have max of 8 Endurance charges and 21 second duration.
-Besides working on rolling better resistance values on gear I am planning on trying to equip The Vertex- Vaal Mask and see how that effect the aura costs, it will also give me additional +30% chaos resist and prevents all enemy mana leach. (Current problem is the cost of about 310 chromatic in order to hit 3 red and 1 blue needed for gems)

Resistances as they currently stand without any auras active:
Fire Resistance 76% (170%)
Cold Resistance 44% (44%)
Lightning Resistance 21% (21%)
Chaos Resistance -30% (-30%)

Forgot to add- both Souls of Arakaali and Abberath have been taken on base lvl as a start.

P.S. Might experiment with Clayshaper on the off hand as it summons lvl 12 rock golem and give +1 additional golem as well as gives it +24% max life increase, might synergize with Summon Stone Golem- CoDT- Molten Shell and act as additional level of protection.

Will keep updating based on progression.

~second edit- further tested and RF is fully sustainable on endurance charges and occasional flask use, without any active auras.

~third edit- still struggle a bit on later act bosses, but mostly due to having to kite them more than I am used to, base waypoint to waypoint and act based location clear speed is impressive though.
~fourth edit- Clayshaper totally works, both golems act as they should, granting additional HP regen and each has a chance to proc Molten Shell
Last edited by Kastet2012 on Dec 30, 2018, 6:37:29 AM
Thanks a lot for your guide and effort! Got me started with RF super easily, and have a ton of fun with it.

Found this cool combo which both Curses, Procs Elemental Equilibrium and gives you Phasing with movement speed, all in one instant spell you can cast while moving and melting and poping your quicksilver flask.

Main hand, craft: "Trigger a Socketed Spell When you Use a Skill" And put in Phase Run and Increased Duration.

And then have "Vortex", "Curse On Hit" and "Flammability" some other place.

Together with my Quicksilver flask, this takes me from 27% Movement speed to 143% with my level 9 phase run.

Spoiler

I'm also running Blood Rage as well right now just to extent the Phase Run, but maybe that's a bit overkill.
Last edited by BjarkeBums on Dec 30, 2018, 7:04:52 AM
Hello!

First I want to thank you for this awesome build. I've theorycrafted so much while building this. I've dumped lots of currency on this and wanted to share my current spec with you guys.

What I LOVE most about this build is the flexibility, which has been mentioned many times in this thread. It was breeze to level and play after certain threshold (dmg,life,regen). Currently almost made Uber lab, and T10 melts like no other (i've yet to find higher tiers...)

Tree is mostly the same. I'll provide my POB link. I'm currently 88 and my remaining 12levels are most likely going to all max life % nodes available.

https://pastebin.com/auzdrPm4

One thing there is that im currently working on. I've added it as secondary item set. And that is my helmet, if you change to that then also swap skill for "RF w/ helmet (6link)" to see the tiny dmg boost (and aoe radius) it gives.

For leveling i used Kikazaru ring (or 2) and Vivinsect asap. Also i've dumped like gazillion regrets on this, mostly re-rolling on resist nodes that ever were needed. Also strong shield alternative is Saffel's Frame, which i've used the most, only now bought Phoenix to test out.

Praise you for sharing this hugely flexible build! Have had so much fun theorycrafting items out myself (it did kinda work without any legendaries!).
"
Kastet2012 wrote:
Quick update as I had time to hop into PoE and do some adjustments:...
Things are looking good! You'll be face-tanking bosses in no time. :)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 31, 2018, 3:46:49 AM
"
BjarkeBums wrote:
Thanks a lot for your guide and effort! Got me started with RF super easily, and have a ton of fun with it.

Found this cool combo which both Curses, Procs Elemental Equilibrium and gives you Phasing with movement speed, all in one instant spell you can cast while moving and melting and poping your quicksilver flask.

Main hand, craft: "Trigger a Socketed Spell When you Use a Skill" And put in Phase Run and Increased Duration.

And then have "Vortex", "Curse On Hit" and "Flammability" some other place...

Together with my Quicksilver flask, this takes me from 27% Movement speed to 143% with my level 9 phase run...

I'm also running Blood Rage as well right now just to extent the Phase Run, but maybe that's a bit overkill.
Hey BjarkeBums,

That's a cool setup :)! Crazy flask too! (To everyone: EE is awesome for RF, but just a reminder that it'll have a negative effect on the build if you use BV. BjarkeBums isn't using BV.) I checked out your character. I like what you've done a lot! I love RF only builds. I'm glad you got yours to do great damage :).

And you're welcome. I'm glad it was smooth for you :). THanks for taking the time to complement.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 31, 2018, 4:03:47 AM
"
PaLiKKa wrote:
Hello!

First I want to thank you for this awesome build. I've theorycrafted so much while building this. I've dumped lots of currency on this and wanted to share my current spec with you guys.

What I LOVE most about this build is the flexibility, which has been mentioned many times in this thread. It was breeze to level and play after certain threshold (dmg,life,regen). Currently almost made Uber lab, and T10 melts like no other (i've yet to find higher tiers...)

Tree is mostly the same. I'll provide my POB link. I'm currently 88 and my remaining 12levels are most likely going to all max life % nodes available.

https://pastebin.com/auzdrPm4

One thing there is that im currently working on. I've added it as secondary item set. And that is my helmet, if you change to that then also swap skill for "RF w/ helmet (6link)" to see the tiny dmg boost (and aoe radius) it gives.

For leveling i used Kikazaru ring (or 2) and Vivinsect asap. Also i've dumped like gazillion regrets on this, mostly re-rolling on resist nodes that ever were needed. Also strong shield alternative is Saffel's Frame, which i've used the most, only now bought Phoenix to test out.

Praise you for sharing this hugely flexible build! Have had so much fun theorycrafting items out myself (it did kinda work without any legendaries!).
Hey PaLiKKa,

You're very kind. Thank you so much. I'm glad you're liking the guide and the build. Your build looks awesome! You've definitely spent your share of cash as well. It's hard for me to choose between the two shields you're choosing between as well. Your PoB looks like you'll destroy the Atlas once you get the maps to drop. Great job. I appreciate the post!

Annnnnd

Hello and happy new year everybody!

This is my third build that I have reached endgame with since I started playing PoE a few weeks ago (the first being Triniparty's very own Slow Mo Zombies build!)

Lately lag spikes have been an annoyance that I have had to deal with, and constantly lagging out and dying with squishier characters is not fun, so the only logical decision was to go for a tankier build! And so I stumbled upon this one from the creator of my very first build!

I want to lay this out as a mini guide with mostly personal observations rather than hard data, so take all of this with a grain of salt.

Firstly, take a look at this video I recorded just now of a chill T6 run with great music!
VIDEO
Note that this is a video to showcase the general playstyle and not the clear speed. I'm going at a very leisurely pace, I'm sure you speed demons are gonna figure out a way to supercharge it :D Another thing, my character is built largely with survivability in mind, which is why my damage is not ideal as you will see in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plFzZOwC3qk&feature=youtu.be

PROS AND CONS
PROS: Very relaxed playstyle, can play with just one hand. Run around and loot :D

Versatile building options. And pretty cheap too!

Tanky with RF or even tankier without it!

Fairly good boss damage.

CONS: Playstyle is not for everyone!

A little on the slow side.

I would argue that Rise of the Phoenix is very essential for playing with RF. At level 77, RF cannot be sustained out of combat without Rise of the Phoenix. Even if sustaining is possible in combat without it, the extra max fire resist (especially from the legacy version) is a godsend and will ensure you are regening as much health as possible! Could be considered a con, but it is so cheap anyway that it doesn't really matter!

And lastly, here is my current gear to MAYBE give you some ideas on what kind of items to use, though a lot of what I am using are fairly cheap uniques, except for the decently pricey Belly of the beast and Kaom's Way which I was very lucky to get.
Spoiler

Thank you for another fantastic build guide :) Looking forward to more in the future!

Small update from me, I played almost all kinds of content and invested some time and currency in my build. It's still pretty fun to play, enter a map, cast RF and BV, charge into enemies and kill them fast and easy. I had no problems killing Atziri, yellow Elder and uber lab is also no problem.
For me kind of frustrating are boss fights. The charging of BV and close combat with bosses got me killed many times, especially in the t16 maps. But I think it's also a problem of my play style and not being patient enough.
I mean it's still lots of fun but I can't see me beating the end game with this build without investing some more exaults...

To get an idea of my build I will post my PoB, probably anyone got some feedback on how I can improve my equipment and hopefully I can help you orientating on what to buy/craft :)

https://pastebin.com/Ek2KZQ8x
Thanks for this guide. I was able to give this a try and results are pretty good so far. Feel free to check my build so you can also get some idea of the equips.

I modified my tree a bit on the north side because it yielded me a slight boost on RF dps.

Im currently at level 90

* All resistance are overcapped, except chaos.
* Currently my RF goes 176K dps.
* BV with 415K with all buffs on.
* HP at 7K

https://pastebin.com/nB1PEJbP

I am seeking too some more tips to squeeze this out. I am looking at using Carcass Jack Varnished Coat which will surely hit my RF to 190K and 446K BV for a loss of some HP (back to 6.8K) and resistance (still capped anyway).

For other fans of this build:

As much as possible, get rid of all attributes that has something to do with attacks like "+# life regenerated per enemy hit by your attacks" because neither RF and BV is an attack, those are useless and what you need to look for is something that works with spells, even with leeching fixes.

And also, by the time you acquire "Avatar of Fire" and "Ngamahu, Flame's Advance", you wont be dealing Physical damages from BV anymore. So avoid those fixes that leeches on physical damages, look for leech with elemental and/or fire damage. However, you can still use fixes that increases Physical Damages because they still affect your final BV dps before being converted to Fire Damage.

I am sure I am still missing something, OP I need your inputs :)

By the way, what do you mean that using BV can have negative effects with RF and EE. Can you clarify this for me? We are using BV to proc crits so EE can trigger right? I am sorry I haven't fully understand this one.
Last edited by steiljeds on Jan 2, 2019, 11:20:01 PM
"
steiljeds wrote:
By the way, what do you mean that using BV can have negative effects with RF and EE. Can you clarify this for me? We are using BV to proc crits so EE can trigger right? I am sorry I haven't fully understand this one.

EE is Elemental Equilibrium, which in some RF builds can be utilized to increase the RF damage, by having something hit the enemy for anything other than fire damage.

Elemental Equilibrium makes it so that hitting an enemy with a fire spell for example will boost their fire resist by 25% and lower their other resists by 50%. But since we are using Avatar of Fire all of our damage is fire which means that we are only getting the negative effect from it.

I think you are thinking of EO or Elemental Overload.

The one that gives a 40% boost to elemental damage for 8 seconds whenever you crit. It's also basically 90% of our single target damage, without it boss kills take AGEEEES.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info