Righteous Fire/BV! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxing Play|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

Yea it makes sense :)

When looking at Life Regen on items, what's the value I should be aiming for? Is "2.0" value too low?
"
HollowDean wrote:
Yea it makes sense :)

When looking at Life Regen on items, what's the value I should be aiming for? Is "2.0" value too low?
Life regen on items isn't required to run RF. They can help, but the common rolls are almost pointless. If you can find mods that gives a % of life regen instead of a flat number (like: "(1–1.5)% of Life Regenerated per second" instead of "(10–13) Life Regenerated per second", you'll actually notice a difference. The flat numbers barely help as you get higher in levels.

Here: poedb.tw/us/mod.php

You can use this site and CTRL F for life regen on the different items you're thinking about.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Quick question, I know this builds runs on both RF and BV, playing it myself right now and love it so far. I had an idea while messing with it and what about using RF as the main skill instead of BV? Wondering if anyone tried it and wether or not it would be more or less viable than the current build guide.

Purely just an idea though, current build is wrecking things now that I have the life regen to sustain RF, thumbs up to the creator ^^
"
BelltaPhorna wrote:
Quick question, I know this builds runs on both RF and BV, playing it myself right now and love it so far. I had an idea while messing with it and what about using RF as the main skill instead of BV? Wondering if anyone tried it and wether or not it would be more or less viable than the current build guide.

Purely just an idea though, current build is wrecking things now that I have the life regen to sustain RF, thumbs up to the creator ^^
Hey BelltaPhorna,

You could switch it for sure. But the reason I have the 6link as BV is because of the single target damage. If I was going to go 6link with RF I'd just commit to RF as my only skill. Then I'd use things like Elemental Equilibrium and Elemental Overload with a Cast when Damage Taken level 1, linked with Orb of Storms or Ball Lightning, Increased Crit Chance, Faster Cast Speed.

6 linking RF increases its damage a lot...but 6 linking BV increases its damage WAY more.

That's just my personal opinion.

And thanks for the thanks and the compliments :)

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jan 22, 2019, 10:34:29 PM
How well does this build perform in delves? Looking for something to take me up to and past 300ish
"
Berard420 wrote:
How well does this build perform in delves? Looking for something to take me up to and past 300ish
Hey Berard420,

To be honest? No clue. I play standard and cleared the Atlas with this prior to Delve being released on Standard. I bounce around characters a lot as I do a couple guides and am always creating new characters testing out guide ideas. So I haven't focused on any character going deep in the mines at all.

I'd guess that RF and BV would be awesome for Delve though. The "hallways" of the depths are the perfect width ;). Also, the amount of physical damage reduction with 6 Endurance Charges and Molten Shell active is 44%...and that's without any gear on at all. So you'd have WAY more with gear obviously. And if you turned off RF and only used BV, your life regen would be insanely good for those deep Delve Boss Encounters.

I'm sorry I don't have a direct answer for you. I'm playing with a slightly different Gem setup for BV right now as I think about 3.6's version of the guide. So whether you try this build out this league or not, check out the 3.6 version of the build. I'm quite confident in the small changes I've made...pending any dramatic changes to 3.6's expansion.

Sorry for the vague answer.

Annnnnd

It's not important, but to avoid confusion I was given permission to change my pathofexile.com user name. It now matches my other user names across gaming platforms. So, I used to be TriNiParty, but am now Wrecker_of_Days. Just FYI.

Annnnnd

For those that follow my guides/builds from league to league or are thinking of starting to, here are the gems links I'm thinking of having for 3.6 (pending any changes 3.6 may bring...like a Cold Brand). For those new to my guides, I typically don't like to change my builds from league to league. That being said, I want the builds' to be the best they can be (considering the limitations I bring to the game). And obviously sometimes the changes GGG makes to improve the game may also impact build plans, so change may be required there too. Either way, the following are the gems and their links that I'm thinking for 3.6:

5/6 Link:
Incinerate-Cast While Channelling-Blade Vortex-Combustion-Immolate-Fire Pen

4 Link (No Changes):
RF-Burning Damage-Concentrated Effect-Elemental Focus

4 Link:
Concecrated Path or Charged Dash(lvl 6)-Fortify-Additional Accuracy-Culling Strike

4 Link:
CwDT-Stone Golem-Molten Shell-Armageddon Brand

3 Link:
Temporal Chains-Blasphemy-Enhance

3 Link:
Enduring Cry, Purity of Fire

So contrary to what I mentioned above, there are some pretty big changes I'm thinking of, and I'm really sorry to Standard players who are loving the build. It's not hard to change, but it'll prevent you from crushing the Atlas a bit while you level all the new gems.

The idea behind the changes are:
-More New Player Friendly - I really liked the build as it was, but having such a mana heavy skill (BV) was hurting some new folk enjoying the build as well. So adding Incinerate with Cast While Channelling makes mana almost a non-issue. It does drop the DPS on paper, but this way you'll be at max BV stacks all the time which essentially is more DPS than keeping a steady stack of 5 BV instead.

-I LOVE SLOWING ENEMIES - I love Temporal Chains. Enfeeble is a wiser choice to have, but I love TC so much that it was eating me up inside not having it. It's essentially that love of "slowing" that kicked Herald of Ash out of the picture. I didn't want to go out of the way to get tree nodes that decreased mana reservation...and since Purity of Fire is a must, Herald of Ash had to go. I could have added TC to the movement skill like we currently have Enfeeble, but I have a thing for TC with Enhance. But, I was ok removing Herald of Ash in my books cause it only benefited one skill (BV). And honestly BV still does great damage without it.

-Scorching Ray? - I know it's no problem for most, but I never remembered to play Scorching Ray. And when I did, I'd die focusing on if it was in play or not. So removing it gave me some space to add the Armageddon Brand as bonus damage. It "busies" the screen up, but I can look away from the screen a little with this new setup. Also, once I started playing with the idea of Cast while Channelling, Incinerate actually game the build more damage than Scorching Ray did buy buffing the other skills (if I was to Self Channel SR instead of Incinerate).

On paper, we lose lots of damage and defense. But in actual gameplay, we do more damage more often. We are at 10 BV stacks all the time and have bonus life regen everywhere (Consecrated Path) with Fortify always up. We have ALL of our damage happening, and more of it, with less buttons to press and as a result survivability is way up for me. Clear speed and bosses are dying much faster than before.

Anyway, these are the changes I'm considering, and if I go through with them, I won't post it until the 3.6 version of the guide is released. Feel free to comment and suggest.

(BV DPS would be 141'000, Incinerate 61'000, and RF 40'000 without any items equipped. So 242'000 just Channelling Incinerate...and it takes NO time at all to get to max stacks for BV and Incinerate.)

Annnnnd

Hi, Wrecker_of_Days
Thanks for your build.
Im new for PoE. And Im realy enjoy this game and your build.
Now Im clearing 3-4 maps and I noticed that with RF Im often die.
So I just turn off RF and use only BV.
What I must to do, for using BV and RF together and not die?
More life regen?
Once again, tnx for your build! ^_^
Last edited by Vadosov on Jan 25, 2019, 5:08:02 AM
"
Hey Berard420,

To be honest? No clue. I play standard and cleared the Atlas with this prior to Delve being released on Standard. I bounce around characters a lot as I do a couple guides and am always creating new characters testing out guide ideas. So I haven't focused on any character going deep in the mines at all.

I'd guess that RF and BV would be awesome for Delve though. The "hallways" of the depths are the perfect width ;). Also, the amount of physical damage reduction with 6 Endurance Charges and Molten Shell active is 44%...and that's without any gear on at all. So you'd have WAY more with gear obviously. And if you turned off RF and only used BV, your life regen would be insanely good for those deep Delve Boss Encounters.

I'm sorry I don't have a direct answer for you. I'm playing with a slightly different Gem setup for BV right now as I think about 3.6's version of the guide. So whether you try this build out this league or not, check out the 3.6 version of the build. I'm quite confident in the small changes I've made...pending any dramatic changes to 3.6's expansion.

Sorry for the vague answer.

No worries at all. Thanks for the reply and I am looking forward to getting this build going. One last thing if you don't mind. In your CWDT setup are you leveling those all the way up or keeping them at certain levels?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info