[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

"
sandersan wrote:
That is a very nice shaper run for an autobomber. gj

It's way smoother than my runs also more damage.

Can I see the gear you used?

Oh also I think you only have to use 1 frost bolt jewel?
Hello, the gear used for the recording was what my character is currently using if you check my profile, except I had worse boots and ring and uncapped resistances (I crafted both of these right after killing Shaper).

And you're right about the jewel, but my frostbolt was low level so it really wasn't there for damage to begin with, so I just went with GMP.
How do you guys increase single target damage?

I'm not talking about endgame bosses like Shaper or Elder. Just a simple map bosses, syndycates, etc.

Right now I'm not able to kill Syndycates, even in T1 they are huge problem. It seems, that GC is not procing at all. I don't know if I'm missing crit chance, or I don't know how to deal with only 1 enemy arround.

P.S I know I'm missing Uberlab. But that shouldn't be main problem.
Hey there, I've made your build in Synthesis league, and I'm having a blast with it. I've invested about 5ex into the character so far, got a 6L helm, insanity gloves, shaper ring and just got a lucky 6L yesterday on my calamity. Yet somehow I was still pretty regularly getting fucked up in red maps, especially by things like syndicate encounters and red beasts.

For now I've started to use a 4L single target setup in my boots instead of vaal haste (which I don't really like using anyway), with Static Strike - Multistrike - WED - Added Cold, which actually kicks out some decent damage by itself, and triggers GC a bit more rapidly than Shield charge does. I'm still getting killed occasionally, but I've managed to gain a couple levels again since making that adjustment, which is nice. Long story short, character is AssassinOfPeace in Synth, would appreciate if you can take a look and give me some pointers, I'm sure there's a couple key problems somewhere that I'm missing.

Oh and one more thing. I was wondering if the unique shield is by any chance replaceable with a rare, because then I could afford to get some more life if I don't have to fit all my resists on so few items, but I guess that 50% inc AoE is just too damn juicy to ever be replaced, right?
"
ax1m wrote:
Hey there, I've made your build in Synthesis league, and I'm having a blast with it. I've invested about 5ex into the character so far, got a 6L helm, insanity gloves, shaper ring and just got a lucky 6L yesterday on my calamity. Yet somehow I was still pretty regularly getting fucked up in red maps, especially by things like syndicate encounters and red beasts.

For now I've started to use a 4L single target setup in my boots instead of vaal haste (which I don't really like using anyway), with Static Strike - Multistrike - WED - Added Cold, which actually kicks out some decent damage by itself, and triggers GC a bit more rapidly than Shield charge does. I'm still getting killed occasionally, but I've managed to gain a couple levels again since making that adjustment, which is nice. Long story short, character is AssassinOfPeace in Synth, would appreciate if you can take a look and give me some pointers, I'm sure there's a couple key problems somewhere that I'm missing.

Oh and one more thing. I was wondering if the unique shield is by any chance replaceable with a rare, because then I could afford to get some more life if I don't have to fit all my resists on so few items, but I guess that 50% inc AoE is just too damn juicy to ever be replaced, right?
I understand your frustrations about being weak, but you have to understand that your budget is 5ex. I don't really have anything else to add, your character is OK for what it's worth.

I wouldn't consider using a rare shield.
Hey, can you post what your 6L Single Target is? I'm confused as to what gems was swapped out in your body armor because I still see your heralds critting with HoT/HoI?
"
SevAlt wrote:
Hey, can you post what your 6L Single Target is? I'm confused as to what gems was swapped out in your body armor because I still see your heralds critting with HoT/HoI?
Hello, I swapped my shield for Lycosidae and grabbed a second The Coming Calamity with this gem setup:
  • Blade Flurry
  • Cast on Critical Strike
  • Ice Nova
  • Concentrated Effect
  • Elemental Focus
  • Empower (4)

In temporary leagues (ie, after the nerf to The Wise Oak), Cold Penetration is stronger than Empower (4) against Shaper and friends, on a clean The Coming Calamity. On a +1 The Coming Calamity, Empower (4) is still better.

You also need Frostbolt on Cospri's Malice and ideally any source of added projectiles.

Herald of Thunder went into the helmet, replacing one of the non-core support gems for Herald of Ice. Please note that this herald setup feels considerably weaker.

I'm still fiddling with a few things, but I expect to refine this snippet of information to add it to the build soon(tm) (self-reminder that I haven't yet written anything about delve, whoops)
Last edited by b0moodc on Apr 14, 2019, 9:11:56 AM
First off I want to say thank you for this great build guide.

I was always fascinated with Autobombers and I used this build as a base. I´m not a big fan of Cospris/Lyco and the new WOrb makes it quite easy to gain a decent source of single target DPS with a 4L.

I use the following items and gems:
Items & Gems

It works like charm for everything up to T15. For my Elder map boss I switch towards a Bosskiller, but the map clear on this Autobomber is just amazing. Intervetions do actually fuck me up big time. The slow from temp chains is just not enought, just as the single dps. But its okay, for everything else: Incursions, Memories, Delve and Beasts this is great.
Only thing im missing atm is a HH. Inspired learning give a nice idea of it, but its not the same.

Big thanks again to b0moodc!
"
First off I want to say thank you for this great build guide.

I was always fascinated with Autobombers and I used this build as a base. I´m not a big fan of Cospris/Lyco and the new WOrb makes it quite easy to gain a decent source of single target DPS with a 4L.

I use the following items and gems:
Items & Gems

It works like charm for everything up to T15. For my Elder map boss I switch towards a Bosskiller, but the map clear on this Autobomber is just amazing. Intervetions do actually fuck me up big time. The slow from temp chains is just not enought, just as the single dps. But its okay, for everything else: Incursions, Memories, Delve and Beasts this is great.
Only thing im missing atm is a HH. Inspired learning give a nice idea of it, but its not the same.

Big thanks again to b0moodc!
Hello, I am positive your build would be better off as an elementalist if you're not using Cospri's Malice. I don't judge you, but actively choosing not to use it is definitely one of the more... original ideas I've seen.

I recommend you check out Abberath's Hooves since that will synergise better with your Phase Run and Doryani's Catalyst.
Last edited by b0moodc on Apr 15, 2019, 9:21:39 AM
Divine Ire is also pretty good. I used it with this 4L setup:

Got this weapon for 30c for swaping weapons, I can kill map bosses easily (didn't try uber elder):

In Nexus, monsters are too fast and tanky, some of them are ranged and do a lot of damage. I died once in every tile, so annoying.

Anyway, I'm done with this character. He's top tier in fast clearing and farming, but he's just not enough tanky for someone like me who can't ignore content and some big monsters in map (beyond bosses, betrayal, etc).
"
Fenounet wrote:
Divine Ire is also pretty good. I used it with this 4L setup:

Got this weapon for 30c for swaping weapons, I can kill map bosses easily (didn't try uber elder):

In Nexus, monsters are too fast and tanky, some of them are ranged and do a lot of damage. I died once in every tile, so annoying.

Anyway, I'm done with this character. He's top tier in fast clearing and farming, but he's just not enough tanky for someone like me who can't ignore content and some big monsters in map (beyond bosses, betrayal, etc).
Hello, I personally find it disingenuous to pretend to be done with a character that was barely worked on, but I hope you enjoy your next build, and please consider giving this one a more solid chance in a future league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info