[3.5] Hopeshredder Scourge Arrow | Fast beefy Mapper | Deathless Uber Elder (5M+ Shaper DPS)

"
Sora1276 wrote:
I have a Watcher's Eye that has the mods "82% increased critical strike chance while affected by Wrath" and "50% increased cold damage while affected by Hatred". Now, I didn't exactly buy it for the Hatred mod, it was just the cheapest for a Wrath roll that high. I was wondering if it was better to now use Hatred over Herald of Ice because of this. The in-game tooltip shows higher damage with this setup, but POB shows it to be lower. Is this because POB just doesn't interpret the Hatred/Watcher's eye synergy properly, or is Herald of Ice just that much better? Thank you!

P.S. Sorry if this has been answered before.

While Hatred with a mod like that or even the added flat cold damage mod in a Watcher's Eye should definitely provide more DPS than Herald of Ice, I still strongly recommend Herald of Ice over it. Hatred takes up double the mana Herald of Ice does, forcing you to use an Enlighten if you want to use it with Wrath, this build is already VERY scarce on gem sockets so you'll be forced to sacrifice something in order to do this, not to mention the fact that you'll have a very small mana pool to work with; in addition, the shatters from Herald of Ice is incredible for clearspeed and map safety, so I really don't recommend you drop it.
I played this build as my third this league and just wanted to thank you for all you work you put in and all the time you take for answering so many questions. It worked like a charm with my playstyle. The build guide is written very well in my opinion an it teached me a lot. Scourge Arrow is a great skill, love the boss clearing potential (and the overall look and feel). I combined it with a RoA-Setup in a Loreweave for faster mapping and switched in the Kaoms Heart for harder bosses. It's really great, whish I had the currency to try out farrul's but I'm too poor :-P

Keep up great work!

So uh, how do you kill atziri?

EDIT: oh, I'm dumb. sorry.
Last edited by RenlyTheGayKing on Nov 15, 2018, 11:24:11 AM
I just noticed that I don't gain onslaught buff while i have full frenzy charges.

Is it bugged? Or am I doing something wrong again?
"
I played this build as my third this league and just wanted to thank you for all you work you put in and all the time you take for answering so many questions. It worked like a charm with my playstyle. The build guide is written very well in my opinion an it teached me a lot. Scourge Arrow is a great skill, love the boss clearing potential (and the overall look and feel). I combined it with a RoA-Setup in a Loreweave for faster mapping and switched in the Kaoms Heart for harder bosses. It's really great, whish I had the currency to try out farrul's but I'm too poor :-P

Keep up great work!

Hey thank you so much for the kind words man, I'm glad you're enjoying the build so much :)
"
So uh, how do you kill atziri?

EDIT: oh, I'm dumb. sorry.

Swap out Mirage Archer/Ice Bite (depending on which version of the build you're playing) for Slower Projectiles and position yourself closer to the clone on the opposite side of the mirror. This ensures your thorn arrows cannot reach the reflect clone and should make the fight a walk in the park.
"
Jaqen wrote:
I just noticed that I don't gain onslaught buff while i have full frenzy charges.

Is it bugged? Or am I doing something wrong again?

The Onslaught buff doesn't appear on your buff bar but you WILL have it so long as you are on full Frenzy charges. If for some reason you really aren't getting the Onslaught buff then this is likely some kind of bug but I find that unlikely as I've never had this happen before.
I'd just like to chime in real quick by saying damage on full life is much better/stronger than slow proj, and I've found works better with scourge arrow too

So far ive found that this has been the best gem setup to run. I ran a few different ones and settled with this. Got me to depth 600.

Whatever other supporting links you decide to run I seriously recommend damage on full life, just like OP does. Say this as I've seen some other builds that dont have it in them. It's nearly as good as ele damage.
Last edited by Goresplattered138 on Nov 17, 2018, 5:02:06 PM
I'm wondering if this build would work as a starter. Are the 3 Might of the Meek Jewels something you can work towards or does the build absolutely need them? Would it work on a low budget?
"
Shitlord wrote:
I'm wondering if this build would work as a starter. Are the 3 Might of the Meek Jewels something you can work towards or does the build absolutely need them? Would it work on a low budget?

Yes this build is viable as a starter build on a low budget (check the budget recommendations section for budget gearing in the guide). No the Meek's are not needed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info