[3.5] Hopeshredder Scourge Arrow | Fast beefy Mapper | Deathless Uber Elder (5M+ Shaper DPS)

Anyone done any math if running Hopeshredder is worthwhile anymore considering the Overleech nerfs? This build looks really interesting for a starter (pick up HS later), but if it doesn't, i may need to come up with an optimal crafted bow for the build.
Someone can show an example for an alternative bow for Hopeshredder?

In standard at least i would like to play this char from time to time and i would also have the money to pay for the crafting.
"
nockitsch wrote:

In standard at least i would like to play this char from time to time and i would also have the money to pay for the crafting.

Right now the easiest you can work that out is probably PoB, just take a random bow base and work around it.
"
nockitsch wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/zenkatsu/characters

He have this kind of bow.
Last edited by Lirhtim on Mar 7, 2019, 7:28:14 PM
Thanks mate! Did you guys decide yet what you will do with your Scion-Scourge-Build? Stick to Slayer or would one of the other classes fit better now?

What if you use another bow? Go for a new char as a Ranger Deadeye? Curious about your answers!
Last edited by nockitsch on Mar 8, 2019, 11:46:31 AM
Anyone managed to update this build for 3.6? Degen from blood rage is bad, it killed fun from playing. Any ideas? I would be very glad for any suggestions because i love this fast build and i dont want to swap for anything else.
I've done this build during Delve all through uber elder farming and i'm currently level 92 on the same build for Synthesis. I've definitely noticed the overleech nerf, but i'm wondering if using a life recovery belt would help counter Blood Rage/Hopeshredder dmg. Aside from that, it's still a strong build in my opinion.
There are other ways, you don't need to play hopeshredder at all (but they are more expensive / rare). The degen of hopeshredder with the slayer nerf make it not worth any longer. On the other hand the wrath ring drop from 15 ex to 30c and farruls fur is only like 9-10 ex instead of 20 so we can pay like 10 ex for a weapon now :P

Use something like this for example:

and the build is still incredible powerfull

Hi - I've been trying to play this build since I started cause it looked quite fun. However I'm really having less and less fun now I'm trying to do t14+ maps, and normal elder. I got normal elder in my maps the other day - I couldn't do anything to him, my dmg is pitiful and I got 1shot by every ability he had - I had to get someone to clear him for me, yet this build says 5m+ dps shaper and uber elder clear? I'm clearly doing something wrong (I cant afford a 6l hopeshredder...got no 'big' drops at all) but I have no idea what. My main stats are:

29,838 dps with scourge arrow (what tooltip says when i hover on it)
75% all res
-39% chaos res
9% estimated phys dmg reduction
23% chance to evade
34% chance to dodge
5721 hp

This build feels super uber squishy - I still cant even do uber lab for example - any trap will 1shot me due to no regen, no es and low dmg reduction - and I cant use the main feature of the build in there (blood rage + frenzy) else I lose all my hp due to low mob density and needing hp for traps. I just can't figure out how I'm supposed to unlock the potential with this build - I've got almost all the pieces and I'm certainly better than budget build yet I seem to be doing pitiful dmg and being 1shot all the time even by simple map bosses. Can someone help me out, please?
Last edited by Jarob22 on May 3, 2019, 8:59:48 PM
This build still viable in 3.7? Ty
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info