for everyone who wants a challange

And lets not forget how many people try to replicate this but for one reason or the other die to one shot from somewhere. Poor connection, poor motor skills, poor knowledge. All of these wont matter when the penalty is removed, all of these players will have an incredible advantage by playing a class who can clear multiple screens at once, something the other classes cannot do.

So lets ask the question: why should scrubs who die all the time have a level advantage over me and what is the point of playing anything but a ranger when mistakes wont be punished? I don't think you understand how extremely build limiting no death penalty will turn the game into.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Sep 26, 2018, 5:04:38 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
And lets not forget how many people try to replicate this but for one reason or the other die to one shot from somewhere. Poor connection, poor motor skills, poor knowledge. All of these wont matter when the penalty is removed, all of these players will have an incredible advantage by playing a class who can clear multiple screens at once, something the other classes cannot do.

So... Not dying is "skill," but actually killing things isn't? You're suggesting that the game has skill but ONLY in one particular area, but not another.

By that logic, survivability is apparently the only thing that dictates, say, the labyrinth leaderboard, since there's no "skill" in speed.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Sep 26, 2018, 5:11:35 AM
What are you even talking about now? Survivability is not a skill, building your character tankier while still having damage is a skill. Avoiding crap on the screen is skill. With no death penalty both of these are gone as well as the class diversity at the top.
*Digs up a build from forums*

*Uses the standard bank account to buy the build*

LOOK WORLD HOW SKILLED I AM!

hurrdidurrdurr
So whoever created the build did not have a skill then? They did it randomly?
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
this would be a compelling argument if i had actually said that. but since i didn't, it's just straw.

No, my point was that it that you got it AT ALL. Notice that I originally kinda threw away the number. You're entering the realm of the "Technical genius" there.

"
robmafia wrote:
you've backpedaled so far that the goalposts you shifted seem to be in a different continent.

Um, no. This kinda goes back to you being SO dead-set on white-knighting angrily that your reading comprehension is damn close to zero. My ENTIRE POINT from before you started charging in to the status quo's defense was that PoE stands alone in how punishing it is. Nothing else is like it.

And so far, you've yet to say anything else other than make attacks, without even doing so mcuh as establishing any credibility for yourself.

you keep claiming nothing else is like it.

FACT: you lost 10% of your experience in diablo 2. you decided to dismiss this by posting outright lies about d2's xp loss % AND claiming that reclaiming the corpse in town recovered partial xp.

your argument fails for 2 reasons:

1. it's incorrect. other games do have similar death penalties.
2. it's irrelevant. poe isn't other games. and if there was no death penalty, there's no incentive to have life/es/armor/evasion - it would incentive putting ALL nodes into damage and all gear affixes for damage. ie: it turns it into a completely different game, rendering your argument moot.

edit:

lolz @ attacks. name ONE "attack" i made. you won't. you can't. never happened.

ironically, you're the only one lobbing insults/accusations. ie: lvl 90, noob, etc.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Sep 26, 2018, 6:09:06 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

Lol. Even I can make a build that can sweep all the content in the game today. While there probably are a handful of truly "skilled" build creators out there, it's hard to tell them apart from the riffraff that make "2 million shaper dps clear all content deathless easy cheap" - builds all the time.
"
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

Lol. Even I can make a build that can sweep all the content in the game today. While there probably are a handful of truly "skilled" build creators out there, it's hard to tell them apart from the riffraff that make "2 million shaper dps clear all content deathless easy cheap" - builds all the time.

heh, of course you can, after having an extensive experience and knowledge of the game.
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I make tanky characters in every league. I don't want to play a 4k HP ranger but this will be the absolute best way if exp penalty was removed.

4k life is less a build choice and just poor gearing. And TBH, is still not far down from what's just used for speed-clearing content anyway ALREADY.

I mean, None of the first 7 Rangers to hit level 100 even had as much as 5k life.. (and that #8 is one players might recognize as an infamous one specifically doing depth 1000+ delves, where dying = losing the node entirely, so yeah, there's ALREADY risk)

Your point is kinda moot there: speed-clear is ALREADY far superior to just bundling up in life and armour until you can't see or do any DPS. The experience penalty doesn't do jack to that.

Why only showing the top rangers ?
Why not show the top players instead where we can see Two 8k+ ES and one 6k+ life builds in the top 5 ?
Remove the death penalty and there will be no more reason to play those builds in SC for efficiency matters, no reason to play ES, no reason to play jugg or champion, no reason to take MoM, etc ...

Those top players with 4~5k HP only know exactly what they are doing, and having the game allowing that is not a bad thing.
But remove the xp penalty, and you'll have many more players that have close to no idea what they are doing still progressing with half baked character where they don't have to make any choice for the thing to work properly but what fotm skill to get, which support to add, and pick damage over anything else.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Let's also not forget that those Rangers also had a team behind them, aurabots and whatnot running 24/7 with them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info