for everyone who wants a challange

"
ACGIFT wrote:
I spy a couple of newbies that've probably never hit level 90 once. I mean, they've got something to hide, if they're hiding their challenge/character list.

my profile is open to watch lol
allready 2 plebs complained about my tabularasa and no shield ...
lol is this path of exile or path of tank"everythinguntilyougetold"

so whats the point arguing about "my" characters and their gear if my critic is about death penalty??
lol only because i wear tabularasa means i die very often??
i could write the same critique and play a tanky 8k hp juggernaut
so whats the point about all this gear spying you do guys???
search for some hobbies
be part of a normal discussion or seriously salt more about how people play ...
if you dont like your favorite game to get critique then dont read the forums
if youre such a pro player what did you lost in the anyway?? wanna show everybody how tough and cool you are because youve beaten uber elder in like 2 days after leaguestart with your lvl 100 char?

[Removed by Support]
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Sep 28, 2018, 10:06:20 AM
I was talking about the other two, who have private profiles.

Most of the folk who try to defend the terrible status quo for the far endgame have basically never actually played it.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Sep 25, 2018, 11:02:28 PM
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:

nope its not something im gonna waste tears for [...]

But you just have.

Maybe go post in the Gameplay help section to help you die less ?
You've been playing quite a glass cannon in delve it seems, and you are only lvl 89, where the xp penalty has not hit too hard yet ( it starts feeling like something alright )

"
robmafia wrote:
how dare someone get a mild penalty for failing, amirite?

Dominus forbid ...

"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
i died yeah but -10% exp wont make me better it just disappoints me and wants me not to play the game anymore

Things just don't 'make you better', you have to make an effort to get better.
And I really think that you could do that given your character.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 25, 2018, 11:07:10 PM
i don't know what's funnier - that now i'm supposed to be a n00b with zero 90+ chars or that numerous people think that we should be able to zerg our way to level 100.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
"
ACGIFT wrote:
I spy a couple of newbies that've probably never hit level 90 once. I mean, they've got something to hide, if they're hiding their challenge/character list.

my profile is open to watch lol
allready 2 plebs complained about my tabularasa and no shield ...
lol is this path of exile or path of tank"everythinguntilyougetold"

so whats the point arguing about "my" characters and their gear if my critic is about death penalty??
lol only because i wear tabularasa means i die very often??
i could write the same critique and play a tanky 8k hp juggernaut
so whats the point about all this gear spying you do guys???
search for some hobbies
be part of a normal discussion or seriously salt more about how people play ...
if you dont like your favorite game to get critique then dont read the forums
if youre such a pro player what did you lost in the anyway?? wanna show everybody how tough and cool you are because youve beaten uber elder in like 2 days after leaguestart with your lvl 100 char?

[Removed by Support]

complains about dying by way of exp penalty.

doesn't understand why people mention his complete and total lack of all defenses.

yup, it's pathofexile.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Sep 28, 2018, 10:07:08 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
And I really think that you could do that.

Well, Desync and lag (you can't avoid both... Or often either, it seems) are usually who you have to ask to allow it.

As I mentioned, there's actually no solid positive legitimate gameplay reason for SC to have that EXP penalty. It ranges from "insignificant" while in Part II, to "only a mild annoyance" earlier in mapping, and then becomes just a "complete brick wall based on RNG" later on.

Like... What benefit are we seeing? Even on SC, you lose a portal upon death, so there's already a loss there. All the penalty is doing is heavily punishing solo players and/or non hyper-clearspeed builds, while the "Race to 100" is utterly untouched.

If they actually wanted it as a speed bump, they'd change it to be like every other game, and make it not an arbitrary bottomless pit you can never recover from.

Diablo 2 let you recover (most) of your EXP by just picking your corpse back up. And in other online games with an EXP penalty on death, you either can just gradually recover it over time, or it's heavily limited to only losing what you just gained, or it's some other penalty that doesn't involve LOSING progress at all.

Only GGG has produced a game where you can outright see huge amounts of net NEGATIVE progress from a single map. To the best of my knowledge, no one else has done this with any major online commercial game this century.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
robmafia wrote:
i don't know what's funnier - that now i'm supposed to be a n00b with zero 90+ chars or that numerous people think that we should be able to zerg our way to level 100.

That kinda confirms your lack of experience, since you'd otherwise know just how slow it is going to level 100, and that by that point, dying isn't actually the thing stopping you.

So thanks for confirming what I said. :)
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
And I really think that you could do that.

Well, Desync and lag (you can't avoid both... Or often either, it seems) are usually who you have to ask to allow it.

As I mentioned, there's actually no solid positive legitimate gameplay reason for SC to have that EXP penalty. It ranges from "insignificant" while in Part II, to "only a mild annoyance" earlier in mapping, and then becomes just a "complete brick wall based on RNG" later on.

Like... What benefit are we seeing? Even on SC, you lose a portal upon death, so there's already a loss there. All the penalty is doing is heavily punishing solo players and/or non hyper-clearspeed builds, while the "Race to 100" is utterly untouched.

If they actually wanted it as a speed bump, they'd change it to be like every other game, and make it not an arbitrary bottomless pit you can never recover from.

Diablo 2 let you recover (most) of your EXP by just picking your corpse back up. And in other online games with an EXP penalty on death, you either can just gradually recover it over time, or it's heavily limited to only losing what you just gained, or it's some other penalty that doesn't involve LOSING progress at all.

Only GGG has produced a game where you can outright see huge amounts of net NEGATIVE progress from a single map. To the best of my knowledge, no one else has done this with any major online commercial game this century.

perhaps you've heard of this obscure game called diablo 2?
[Removed by Support]

"
robmafia wrote:
perhaps you've heard of this obscure game called diablo 2?

Perhaps you've heard of this obscure thing called reading comprehension?

If you have, go back and re-read over that large post you felt worthy of quoting entirely and replying with a simple one-liner. You can even use Ctrl+F!
Last edited by ACGIFT on Sep 25, 2018, 11:13:53 PM
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
let me decide how i play ok? its not a competetive game if someone wants a challange they should go play hardcore
If you want the game to not have XP penalty on death then you should play angry birds because PoE has it.

Usually when players are starting experiencing hard times in the game they have two options:
- learn on their mistakes and become better as player;
- ask on forum to make the game easier for them.
Every player who have chosen option #2 deserved public mocking. And they usually receive it in their "make the game easier" topics.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info