for everyone who wants a challange

"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
...i guess diablo 3 wasn't within 100 years, either.

So since you're SO stuck on this literacy problem of yours, I'll try repeating myself: "This century" means from either the year 2000 or 2001-onward.

And yes, this means all the games you mentioned did come out this century. You somehow assumed I was trying to discount them, rather than point out that apparently you didn't know a damn thing about those games and they're nothing like what you're claiming.

And if you'd played Diablo 2 at all, you'd know you got almost all your lost EXP (IIRC, 90%) back by simply clicking your corpse. Hell, if you didn't want any trouble, you relogged, and your corpse was there right back in town! You'd just click it, get your EXP and items back, and be on your way.

Similarly, Dark Souls... If you'd ever played it, you'd know you can just go re-collect your souls again. Not that you can actually lose progress back to the beginning of your character level, since you typically SPEND them almost as soon as you get them (or at least when you get back to a bonfire)

And thank you for mentioning Diablo 3. For a moment I was almost afraid that it was just that you were so bad at the other two games that you'd never managed to do anything other than string deaths together. Diablo 3 has zero EXP loss on death.

But yeah, keep up, and eventually you might get a taste of the real endgame in PoE, too.

WOW.

tries to school me on d2. COMPLETELY gets it wrong.

1. 90% xp returned on corpse? really? 90%? hahaha, no.
2. relogging to bring the corpse back to town forfeited the xp.

derp.

and d3 had a death penalty and got rid of it. you walked right into this one. tell me, would you like poe to be more like d3 or d2? oops.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Yeah, you recover most of your EXP upon collecting your corpse. I guess it might be 75%? I wasn't fully certain, only that it was DEFINITELY a vast majority. A HUGE cry from "Yeah, nothing."

Also worth noting that the loss is far smaller in D2 to begin with; going even from level 98-99 could be done in less than an hour. (thank you, Baal, for being monster level 99, while Shaper is level 77.7.)

D3 also removed the EXP penalty pretty damn early in its development; I do believe it didn't even make it into the beta, much less the official release. Seems that even Blizzard recognized it as a dumb idea. So you'd figure that if someone THAT BAD (since hating on Blizzard is so popular to do around here) you'd figure smarter companies could do it as well.

The point right now is that Path of Exile isn't like any other successful game in existence.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
ACGIFT wrote:
Yeah, you recover most of your EXP upon collecting your corpse. I guess it might be 75%? I wasn't fully certain, only that it was DEFINITELY a vast majority. A HUGE cry from "Yeah, nothing."

this would be a compelling argument if i had actually said that. but since i didn't, it's just straw.

"
ACGIFT wrote:

Also worth noting that the loss is far smaller in D2 to begin with; going even from level 98-99 could be done in less than an hour. (thank you, Baal, for being monster level 99, while Shaper is level 77.7.)

D3 also removed the EXP penalty pretty damn early in its development; I do believe it didn't even make it into the beta, much less the official release. Seems that even Blizzard recognized it as a dumb idea. So you'd figure that if someone THAT BAD (since hating on Blizzard is so popular to do around here) you'd figure smarter companies could do it as well.

The point right now is that Path of Exile isn't like any other successful game in existence.

you've backpedaled so far that the goalposts you shifted seem to be in a different continent.

[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
<rant>

They can do whatever they want to SC characters - remove XP penalty, make them immortal or grant level 100 for killing Hillock - as long as they'll stop balancing a game around softcore and it's 3.5k life & 100 billion dps vs shaper builds. We don't need more skills nerfed to the ground just because they are OP as hell if you don't need to invest in defences.

</rant>
"
robmafia wrote:
this would be a compelling argument if i had actually said that. but since i didn't, it's just straw.

No, my point was that it that you got it AT ALL. Notice that I originally kinda threw away the number. You're entering the realm of the "Technical genius" there.

"
robmafia wrote:
you've backpedaled so far that the goalposts you shifted seem to be in a different continent.

Um, no. This kinda goes back to you being SO dead-set on white-knighting angrily that your reading comprehension is damn close to zero. My ENTIRE POINT from before you started charging in to the status quo's defense was that PoE stands alone in how punishing it is. Nothing else is like it.

And so far, you've yet to say anything else other than make attacks, without even doing so mcuh as establishing any credibility for yourself.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
No. Then tanky builds in SC wont exist because high damage and clear speed will be everything. The penalty has to stay.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
No. Then tanky builds in SC wont exist because high damage and clear speed will be everything. The penalty has to stay.

You act as if tanks have had a place in this game to begin with in the past few years.
I make tanky characters in every league. I don't want to play a 4k HP ranger but this will be the absolute best way if exp penalty was removed.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I make tanky characters in every league. I don't want to play a 4k HP ranger but this will be the absolute best way if exp penalty was removed.

4k life is less a build choice and just poor gearing. And TBH, is still not far down from what's just used for speed-clearing content anyway ALREADY.

I mean, None of the first 7 Rangers to hit level 100 even had as much as 5k life.. (and that #8 is one players might recognize as an infamous one specifically doing depth 1000+ delves, where dying = losing the node entirely, so yeah, there's ALREADY risk)

Your point is kinda moot there: speed-clear is ALREADY far superior to just bundling up in life and armour until you can't see or do any DPS. The experience penalty doesn't do jack to that.
Yeah it's going to be glass cannon all the way if exp penalty gets removed. The only areas where death matters would be Labyrinth and Zana single-port dailies. Six ports is PLENTY to take care of all non-delve encounters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info