[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

"
Still looking for an answer to this. Read a bit up on the internet and supposedly we do not benefit at all from the dmg bonus of ailments since YOU don't inflict those ailments, your totems do. And since our dmg is from amultitude of small quick hits we should barely be able to shock big bosses :(

Would need a 600k crit to inflict a meaningful 15% shock on shaper, and if you are throwing out 600k crits on a regular basis with 5 totems you might as well get biscos since a shaper phase will maybe take like 3 seconds tops, and evrth else will be fine red mist before your flasks and vaal grace run off

Hey,
Yes we benefit from Yoke of suffering since our totems gain our offensive stats. Yoke simply puts the number of elements that can shock from 1(lightning) to 3(all).
About the 5% inc. dmg for each ailment YOU inflict i'm not 100% sure but we can propably ignore those 10% inc. Dmg anyways cause it's not that much.
I actually also believe that against bosses Like Shaper/elder/uber elder there might be better amulets than Yoke but i'm also pretty sure Yoke is the best allrounder for this build.
Last edited by suedlichdesgensis on Oct 13, 2018, 7:13:12 PM
"
Vallenhael wrote:
"
Vallenhael wrote:
Hey, can someone explain to me how exactly yoke of suffering works? As far as I understand, we oneshot evrth except shaper and guardians, and uber elder/atziri. Can we shock those with yoke of suffering?

Cause shocking regular mobs kinda seems complete overkill? As far as I understodd it is still just the regular shock effect giving us maybe a few % dmg buff on big bosses, unlike the elementalist or scion elemtalist passive shock buff.

Still looking for an answer to this. Read a bit up on the internet and supposedly we do not benefit at all from the dmg bonus of ailments since YOU don't inflict those ailments, your totems do. And since our dmg is from amultitude of small quick hits we should barely be able to shock big bosses :(

Would need a 600k crit to inflict a meaningful 15% shock on shaper, and if you are throwing out 600k crits on a regular basis with 5 totems you might as well get biscos since a shaper phase will maybe take like 3 seconds tops, and evrth else will be fine red mist before your flasks and vaal grace run off

Hi buddy,

I did some research on the "increased 5% damage taken per ailment on enemies" too, I found no satisfying answer to that.

BUT:
It also says on the amulet -> "Your elemental damage can shock" and to be specific, it is the damage of the totems, since we deal no damage -> our totems do. We know that inflicting shocks on enemies with our totem fire damage works fine.

So in case of the stat: "Enemies take 5% increased Damage for each type of Ailment you have inflicted on them" it will be inflicted by totems too (the same way that totems inclict shocks) -> in my understanding

The shock debuff on enemies will last 2 seconds. The maximum amount of applied shock debuff is 50% increase damage taken of shocked enemies. According to poe wiki and the manifest of version 3.0 (rework on shock & chill mechanic) bosses have a threshold of getting shocked.

"As an example, The Shaper has approximately 20 000 000 life. Minimally shocking The Shaper requires a single hit of 40 000 lightning damage." (poe wiki)

The ways it seems to work:
In our case we shock with fire damage (due to the yoke of suffering).
It is very likely to shock the bosses for a fair amout AND it lasts 2 seconds.
Every additional projectile within that time (3-6 per totem times 5 totems) can apply an additional shock to refresh the 2 seconds. Shocks within the 2 seconds stack additively up to the cap of 50%. After a few hits, the 50% cap on every boss in the game is reached and it is like a "perma buff".
Since the totems never run out of hitting, the 50% maximum shock effect can be hold up over the whole fight.

I tried several other amulets (rare damage amulets).
Example:
T1 crit multi, T1 crit chance, T1 gain phy as an extra ele dmg -> and it felt not as strong as the yoke of suffering durung uberelder fight or deep delve mines (425+).

To be honest, in every other situation, you can probaply wear any amulet you want, because the damage output is that high. My guide is just a "guideline", feel free to customize to your need / ideas and try new variations.

I hope I could help with this.

Cheers

Hey there,

First off, just wanted to say great guide! After I invested some hard earned currency into this, after making a Headhunter in a Nemesis map with the Leather Belt base, I started to just wreck house after I bought some awesome corrupted items.

I feel like I'm at my peak here without investing tons and tons of currency on crafting or something.

I have about 7 exalts left and was wondering what, if anything would be a good upgrade? Choices for offense and defense would be great.

I picked the layout on the passive tree for the DEFENSIVE BUILD with more health. Was a bit squishy getting one-shotted time to time. And Hydra's chaos damage would just slay me so quick lol.

Sitting at

Level 89
5050 Life
994 Mana
145 Energy Shield

160 Intelligence
193 Strength
308 Dexterity

Items equipped:

how much it is your in town mousover dps?
"
aceofbladesx wrote:
Hey there,

First off, just wanted to say great guide! After I invested some hard earned currency into this, after making a Headhunter in a Nemesis map with the Leather Belt base, I started to just wreck house after I bought some awesome corrupted items.

I feel like I'm at my peak here without investing tons and tons of currency on crafting or something.

I have about 7 exalts left and was wondering what, if anything would be a good upgrade? Choices for offense and defense would be great.

I picked the layout on the passive tree for the DEFENSIVE BUILD with more health. Was a bit squishy getting one-shotted time to time. And Hydra's chaos damage would just slay me so quick lol.

Sitting at

Level 89
5050 Life
994 Mana
145 Energy Shield

160 Intelligence
193 Strength
308 Dexterity

Items equipped:

hi buddy,

just checked your gear -> looks great!
Perhaps you can get some other boots (shaper based with increased totem damage + life -> see some in the gear section as an example)

If you have a bit currency left and you want some additional defence mechanics, get a watcher´s eye jewel with buffs to grace -> see my comments in the "jewel" chapter.

Cheers
"
rikirino97 wrote:
how much it is your in town mousover dps?

with defence auras and phase run (grace & enfeeble) ~100k (in town)
with fully offence setup and buffed (haste + blood rage + some other jewels) ~210k (screenshot in the guide)
Very fun build and very thorough guide there. how about killing elder shaper by using this build? Is it easy as well? thank you very much.
Last edited by TxE4GL3k on Oct 15, 2018, 12:38:10 AM
Uber Elder Pass (4 deaths)
my gear is take from my ele hit sicon XD
"
1i1W4DE wrote:
Uber Elder Pass (4 deaths)
my gear is take from my ele hit sicon XD

thanks for sharing.
Don't you get a little more damage putting 3 points into the 2x proj damage nodes and a socket near scion starting area rather than putting those 3 points near the acrobatics keystone? It's two 6% proj damage nodes compare to two 4% proj damage nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info