Shared Mines and Sulphite Rebalance

That you nerf the quarry is a bit sad. My highest tier Map I found was T9 and I am lvl 89. It would be nice to have a map sustain to have a delve sustain.
So they added more sulphite gain AND added more sulphite usage as well?

What's the difference, then???
Friendship with Path Of Exile has ended. Now [Insert a video game title here] is my best friend.
"
Chris wrote:

Shared Azurite Mine

Our initial plan for the Azurite Mine was that you would have a separate one per character. This way you would get a unique Delve experience with each character you create, and could Delve at depths appropriate for that character's power level.

I actually liked this, a unique delve experience for each character that we create.

"
Chris wrote:

Note that we do not plan to share Sulphite between characters on your account. It is important that you are capable of earning the Sulphite on the character that needs to spend it.

I would have liked the Sulphite shared between accounts, this would have eliminated the drudgery of mining sulphite for every new character that I create. Why is it so bad that I have created a character that is good at harvesting sulphite and another character that is good and fun to play in delve. It's still me playing them both and having a blast each in Atlas and Delve.

"
Chris wrote:

Sulphite Rebalance

In order to correct this, we are going to rebalance both Sulphite gain from higher-tier maps, and Sulphite costs in the mine. Higher-tier maps will grant significantly more Sulphite, but their corresponding depths will cost more Sulphite than before.

Eh?! Okay we'll see I guess, but my simple mind equated this to -
Before : get 100 sulphite spend 50, 30, 20 on three nodes.
Now : get 300 sulphite spend 150, 90, 60 on same three nodes.

I dunno, these changes I think diluted the fun unique experience for each individual character created in delve but didn't quite address the issue of the drudgery of collecting sulphite. Maybe it's just me and my simple scrub mind is just not able to grasp the complexity of this game.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Sep 14, 2018, 2:08:46 AM
"
LiberLogic969 wrote:
"
Higher-tier maps will grant significantly more Sulphite, but their corresponding depths will cost more Sulphite than before.

Doesn't this kind of cancel out the idea behind the change?

theyre not fixing it, theyre just nerfing quarry, the map change basically means you get more sulphate and pay more sulphate.

Theres a ton of people in the thread who are overjoyed because they didnt actually read it properly and understand what its saying. They think theyre gonna get more sulphate and all the sulphate criticism is fixed. If the post just read "weve nerfed quary", which is all they actually did, then the reception would have been extremely different you can be sure of that.
delving is realy fun, but the sulphite story is something realy bad. was hoping for a propper fix to this, BUT increasing high level map sulphite drop and in the same breath increasing the vost in the mine, realy?

kinda sick of playing 2hrs to experience 10minutes of the (fun) league mechanic.

"
namikazemaru wrote:
So they added more sulphite gain AND added more sulphite usage as well?

What's the difference, then???

its just nerfing the quarry sulphite farming, nothing more.
Last edited by Tiitz on Sep 14, 2018, 2:04:53 AM
as long as you don't add more sulphite veins in maps to compensate i'm happy. veins are a vacuum for pack size. absolutely nothing spawns in a huge radius around them and it feels bad to see one on the minimap because you know there's no mob to kill in that direction. i personally don't like delving, i'm more of a map guy. i'm also not a complainer (this might be my first "real" post on the forums, excluding build guides posts), but i know how to be appreciative. and from seeing all the hate the patch notes forum post got yesterday, i felt in need to slightly tilt the balance even though my comment is a drop in the ocean. so thank you GGG. thank you for finding a good way to make both sides happy.
Had hopes for longer delving with one descent, but it stays the same ;/
Turn off the motherfucking spam about that streamer reaching new lows!
Idea for a easy fix for this league:
Make it so you can find sulphite in areas in mine and/or trade azurite for sulphite at fixed ratio.
This way you can stay in mine and delve if you want and you're efficient about it or you can map and then delve.
Quick and easy.
This doesn't seems to be solving the sulphite problem, more the other way around. I'm curious about the map sulphite "per quantity" increase, but it is fun reading about t16 maps. On SSF from 5 red maps I got 0 maps in return, so the only way to sustain them is now "vaal delve areas", but you need sulphite to find and run them. And... You know... sulphite is quite an issue here. Yellow maps are joke with sulphite now, so quarry or no delve. And that increased cost of sulphite in deeper elves? Oh great idea, because 200 suphite per "delve length unit" is not enough in 270 delve level...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info