Crashes, Flares and Parties

Improvement suggestions:

1. Monsters in the darkness shouldnt be invulnerable
2. flares should be dropped instantaniously on the characters current posision or it should be a shorter duration helmet light kinda thing that gives your character a temporal light radius (shorter duration then the current flare duration)
3. the radius numbers should be boosted becouse i do nothing but azerite delves and still cannot upgrade shit (dont know if this is getting better later on, im still in act 6)
4. early on 1 dinamyte should be enough to destroy a wall
5. fix the azerite drops becouse for me, half of it usually cannot be picked up, becouse they fall onto or into an object or terrain

if you do these delve explorations are gonna be fun, becouse right now, it isnt, i usually dont explore at all, i follow the crawler, get to an azerite deposite and cannot gain enough to upgrade my stuff, this is not fun like that, it s like in early D3 where you spent all your hard found gold on repairing your gear and you practically couldnt really progress. and im really early on, wonder what it s like later on when everything is much more expensive....

i was sooo hyped for this league, but so far delving is a little disappointing becouse of the things i just listed.
You really need to look at parties and the Delve.

We had a group return to the game last night, haven't played since Harbinger league, we were having a blast right up until we hit the Delve.

Fun hit a brick wall traveling at a very high rate of speed, let me tell you.

It would not let us play together, it would not let us port to each other using your new little swirly icon. It was confusing and frustrating as fuck.
Can confirm the party woes. My group got to delves, managed to do one or two together, definitely had people die to the crawler disappearing when the host crashed and came back in, and then decided to simply do delves separately each time our sulphite filled up.

Other than that and the flares not really working the way you'd expect them to though the league seems great to me. Really enjoying the general idea of the delve mechanics, feels similar to the temples from incursion but with more control over what rooms you get and how often you do it, which is great.
I don’t mean to sound overly negative, but you need to just not have “throw x item” as a league mechanic anymore. Didn’t work for nets, doesn’t work for flares or dynamite. It just doesn’t work in this sort of game. The gameplay is too hectic, you can’t be expected to nurse a mechanic while fighting monsters (especially immortal monsters). It becomes less about the content presenting a challenge and more about the content being artificially difficult because you have to wrestle with the UI to perform a relatively simple task. It’s like with a lot of old platformers, they’d have wonky jump animations, so you’d die a lot due to the limitations of the game rather than making a mistake.

Dynamite should just be click on the wall to place it. Flares should be passive light buffs. Simple. Simplicity is the key. Any mechanic like this needs to be very simple, otherwise it just becomes punishing and not fun. Either flares and dynamite need to be way more functional than they are, or the darkness needs to be way less deadly. You can’t have a mechanic that very quickly kills you with no way to stop it, and the only way to resist it is incredibly clunky and unreliable.

Delves are a lot of fun overall, as long as you stay on the path. There’s a lot of good there. There just needs to be better ways to explore the darkened areas, especially if that’s where all the good loot is going to be.
show
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The amount of Quality work that goes into the development and continual improvement in this game amazes me - props to GGG!
I love the mapping mechanics of Delve, and the ability to choose direction and reward. What I don't like are flares and dynamite.

If I am in the dark and need light, I don't light a torch and throw it away, then run to the light. Why would anyone do that unless forced by the game. Light the flare and carry it with you. When that runs out, light another one.

Minecraft uses torches similar to flares in PoE, but the gaming is very different. If you don't get the flare right in PoE, you die quickly. In MC, you use torches while exploring; your char isn't moments away from death when you use one.

Please change the flare mechanics. Give me a flare when I ask for it, where I ask for it, and let me carry it with me. They last such a short time and cast such a small radius it makes no sense to stick them on a wall. Just hit the flare key and you have a light radius around you that moves with you until the flare dies.

With dynamite, just highlight a target area on the wall where the dynamite can be placed. This does two things. It shows you a wall that can be blown up, and it sets the auto-target location. All you have to do is hit the key and the dynamite automatically fixes to the only (or nearest) target location. No mouse, no manual targeting, it just works.

I like Delve a lot. Fix the flare and dynamite issues and I'll LOVE Delve.

"
sfangwb wrote:
I don’t mean to sound overly negative, but you need to just not have “throw x item” as a league mechanic anymore. Didn’t work for nets, doesn’t work for flares or dynamite. It just doesn’t work in this sort of game. The gameplay is too hectic, you can’t be expected to nurse a mechanic while fighting monsters (especially immortal monsters). It becomes less about the content presenting a challenge and more about the content being artificially difficult because you have to wrestle with the UI to perform a relatively simple task. It’s like with a lot of old platformers, they’d have wonky jump animations, so you’d die a lot due to the limitations of the game rather than making a mistake.

Dynamite should just be click on the wall to place it. Flares should be passive light buffs. Simple. Simplicity is the key. Any mechanic like this needs to be very simple, otherwise it just becomes punishing and not fun. Either flares and dynamite need to be way more functional than they are, or the darkness needs to be way less deadly. You can’t have a mechanic that very quickly kills you with no way to stop it, and the only way to resist it is incredibly clunky and unreliable.

Delves are a lot of fun overall, as long as you stay on the path. There’s a lot of good there. There just needs to be better ways to explore the darkened areas, especially if that’s where all the good loot is going to be.
+1 to this. This clearly captures a key piece of my feedback.

Flares have no flair in POE and don't need to exist. Passive lighting emanating from the character would work just fine. Also, dynamite isn't a dynamite addition to the game. Just let us click on fractured walls to open them.

Edit & PS: FWIW, I'm more optimistic about Delve than I was about Bestiary that the core problems on release are ultimately fixable. It looks like it could be a very good addition to the game, after some fine tuning.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Sep 1, 2018, 1:03:30 PM
crashing error .... pls help
error 2005270523

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info