Crashes, Flares and Parties

Any chance for azurite to be allocated? That's a really shitty oversight regarding party play.
Gief flare gun!
can we do something on the wall? seems so hard to find thanks ,,
Thanks for the updates and all your hard work.
Okay, no.

While the teleport button is nice, sometimes it outright doesn't work. That doesn't take away from the other multiplayer issues. (Small PSA to people though. If it greys out and stays greyed out, restart the game from desktop (not from login). Just kill it and go again. It seems to fix it.)

We still can't see the hosts delve map. This can be very annoying. We also can't see the resource bar to see how much further the crawler needs to go.

Azerite is completely free-for-all. This, in my opinion, is quite literally the worst of problems. There is nothing stopping people from stealing the hosts Azerite, and honestly, this NEEDS to be 'resource to maker', as it is heavily tied to your ability to progress through the depths. Right now, many of us have worked out a tactic for dealing with this, but it's a bandaid, and the host still loses Azerite, just a limited amount. Stand on the crawler, or move outside of the little arena before the living azerite critters are killed. Often-times, a stack or two still goes to someone. It isn't perfect, and it does still slow progression. Not fun.

Resonator's are also free-for-all. Why? Fossils properly allocate randomly throughout the party, so why the hell are resonators free-for-all? Especially as everyone wants their hands on the higher socket resonators. While friends will often communcate and share, there is no guarantee, and randoms are often greedy as all hell. Come on GGG. Get your act together. Did you all only ever test the league solo?

On Flares, it would be NICE if they dropped at your feet (still not preferable. Mouse targeting with next to no cast time/instant would be preferable, otherwise you just maintain a clunky playstyle), but instead they drop in the exact direction you're facing (which is often a cause of death when you're in the thick of combat. Especially when the Crawler's light has been blown out.), and at a set distance that is DEFINITELY NOT at your feet. It's actually a fair distance away, which again, when you're in the thick of things, can be very disorienting and not only inconventient: It can easily result in un-necessary death.

The worst thing about Flares is that the system feels like they were designed for controllers. This would actually be quite intuitive for controller users, but on PC, we use a mouse. The mouse is a far more precise creation. We don't need clunky mechanics bogging us down. Casting time, character face cast, and rigid distance feel absolutely awful.

What I find the most unfortunate... is that this was expected. Flares/Dynamite screamed Bestiary, one of your worst leagues to date. Unfortunately, I dare-say the use of flares and dynamite are worse than nets were even toward the end after a myriad of changes and fixes.

How did you all think this felt good?

I can't thank failed design that should never have gone live to begin with. This sort of thing has happened far too much over the years, and after the colossal failure that was Bestiary, you all were supposed to have been more careful about how things play and feel. Instead it's almost like you learned nothing, despite saying you learned a lot.

Disappointing.
Last edited by Tyroki on Sep 1, 2018, 8:45:05 AM
Glad to see you're thinking of improvements to the flares. As it is, when beginning delves, they are of extremely limited use due to the small light radius and the fact you basically drop that tiny circle of light at your feet. Plus, you only get three of them. I would much rather you be able to toss them ahead of your character a couple of yards, perhaps a distance that matches the light radius.
There are two types of POE players:
1) Those who want to walk uphill both ways barefoot on broken glass wearing a blindfold
2) F*cking noobs

I identify as transnational Chinese. May I have access to their QOL features, please?
I love the league so far too! I've spent almost as much time in the mines as the "above ground" world.

I second the notion that we need to be able to throw flares. It's so hard to tell if there's anything of interest in the darkness, so it's kind of dumb that we have to just run out there & hope for the best if we want to use a flare.

And that also makes it harder to tell where we're supposed to use dynamite. We have to risk wasting both a flare & dynamite (which isn't cheap) to A. find the right spot and then B. see if the flare we just used is close enough to a smashable wall.

I think both items need to be throwable, and the cost of dynamite should be lowered. Just my 2 cents.
Thank you Chris & GGG <3
Asurite comes too slow for the cost of the upgrades. I mean 8-12 asurite per deposit and upgrades well into the hundreds. Maybe deposits at lower levels are dropping 40-50, but have to wait until I get to that level.

Plus the tradeoff for monsters not giving xp at all is just not worth spending much time in the underground while leveling.

The numbers need better balancing. The next upgrade to store more than 125 sulfite costs 300 asurite. Level 33 and this is discouraging.

After 8 hours, I already made the decision to wait until endgame to delve again as there is just not enough reward for the risk, and little help with leveling.
I had the same issues during my first day of subterranean experience in Delve; glad to hear you're bringing it to the surface!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info