POE is not a FREE TO PLAY

lol my post got removed I guess someone got pretty butt hurt and reported it.
Sees I have more points than the ruler of wraeclast - insert some random emoji/gif here.
Yep, totally over league play.
No, this is the En Vogue (or De Rigueur) debate of the present day.

I just noted my disgust in the latest carbon copy thread of this that someone felt the need to make.

Was that the worst sentence ever typed? I am leaving it for posterity. Or posterior.

Is it free or not?, 20 days = 12k viewers. I guess the subject is important.
PoE has not been F2P for many years.

Oh, it has a great demo that is free to play, sure. Yes, I definitely will not deny that. As demos go, this is one of the best in the business.

But this is a game with heavy economic aspects, QoL = time saved (shitloads of time, really) = strong advantages in a game where the time-spent/loot-gained ratio is the only meaningful "win" condition.

Play SSF to avoid that, you say? Yeah, good luck playing SSF with 4 plain stash tabs.

But, it's a great demo, like I said. One of the best. GGG should be commended on releasing an awesome demo.

I do apologize for pointing out the spots of rust on people's white armor. I know that always gets people's panties in a twist.

Path of Exile is not Free to Play. It's Pay to Play. And there is nothing wrong with that. Except for the "completely free" claim on their about page.

That shit's just dishonest, really.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Okay I have an idea. Every person who posts one of these threads needs to provide a clear and concise definition of Pay To Win.

Or, better yet, GGG needs to provide an ingame definition of Pay To Win and then we can all go gangbusters on debating it.

Because let's face it, the root of this argument is not the facts, it is the definitions. That is why I am so annoyed by the whole thing.

Fact: You do not have to pay a cent to play PoE.

Fact: Buying Stash tabs makes playing PoE far more "enjoyable". You can also say it makes PoE "easier".

Fact: You can still play the game without buying tabs. Is it easy? Sure. Is it convenient? Hell no.

Fact: Trade is a core concept in this game and you can trade with or without a Premium Tab

Fact: Trading without a Premium tab is a pain in the ass

Fact: You don't HAVE to trade in PoE to "play" the game.

Fact: There is no actual material competition in PoE aside from ladders outside of occasional races - and prizes are cosmetic.

Fact: There is no "winning" or "losing" in PoE outside of the ladder and goals you set for yourself.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Sep 11, 2018, 10:50:41 AM
There is no precise meaning to "win".
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
There is no precise meaning to "win".

That was my last Fact!
This is nothing but an advert to another game, I have no idea how so many people are actually replying to this obvious troll.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
Okay I have an idea. Every person who posts one of these threads needs to provide a clear and concise definition of Pay To Win.

Or, better yet, GGG needs to provide an ingame definition of Pay To Win and then we can all go gangbusters on debating it.

Because let's face it, the root of this argument is not the facts, it is the definitions. That is why I am so annoyed by the whole thing.

Fact: You do not have to pay a cent to play PoE.

Fact: Buying Stash tabs makes playing PoE far more "enjoyable". You can also say it makes PoE "easier".

Fact: You can still play the game without buying tabs. Is it easy? Sure. Is it convenient? Hell no.

Fact: Trade is a core concept in this game and you can trade with or without a Premium Tab

Fact: Trading without a Premium tab is a pain in the ass

Fact: You don't HAVE to trade in PoE to "play" the game.

Fact: There is no actual material competition in PoE aside from ladders outside of occasional races - and prizes are cosmetic.

Fact: There is no "winning" or "losing" in PoE outside of the ladder and goals you set for yourself.

Bestowing a rational fact based breeze over the whole discussion, clearing away the shitfest cloud, what is wrong with you! :-)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info