POE is not a FREE TO PLAY

Hello I have a question.
Last edited by Redentor on Sep 4, 2018, 6:44:49 AM
BOLD text generalized insult

BOLD text retort

BOLD text NO U

there i have participated in this thread

the game is F2Play, it isn't F2PlaySane
Explain to me - if I have never paid a cent for playing PoE and I will not pay, it's not f2p? I do not understand
"
MightyBerk wrote:
Explain to me - if I have never paid a cent for playing PoE and I will not pay, it's not f2p? I do not understand

becuase your profile is a scam. Like everything in this forum.

You never played. Do you hear me cheap administrator?

I will not waste time with this ideology. Do whatever you want GGG.

Run and go to raise the level of the account, so that my publication is wrong.
Last edited by drakgoku on Sep 4, 2018, 9:02:46 AM
Are we quarreling over semantics here?

You can pretty much play PoE without paying a cent (not counting hardware, power etc.) and even play all content.
Can you comfortably do so? Not really.
Moreover, I have payed more than a few dollars (euros, to be precise) and still I can't access all content, so you can't say it's pay to play or even pay to win, either.

Fact is you CAN play all content when you're patient enough or so incredibly lucky that all gear you need just drops, so you can do Shaper, Elder, Council, Atziri and all the other stuff.

You can also, like me, not really expect to ever reach those endgame bosses and be content to be playing until you reach lower red maps (which is totally doable) and then either start a new char or keep playing those maps.

PoE might not fit your personal, very narrow it seems, definition of free to play, but it is very much free to play in the literal sense, in that you don't have to pay anything and are not restricted by a paywall from any content.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Simplexity99 wrote:
[Removed by Support]

Plus it cost me 50 € to buy Diablo II, and then another 50 € to buy the expansion pack (which actually did double the stash size from pitifully small to pathetically small). Or maybe the expac was cheaper, but still the game cost way more than a few stash tabs cost in PoE.
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Sep 7, 2018, 11:15:20 AM
Hmm, whenever I make something, or produce something, I expect to be compensated for my hard work. Likewise, if I want something from someone that they took their own time, and hardwork to make, I expect to compensate them for it. Maybe thats just crazy thinking these days... I always give games the movie rule. I look at my hours played, and calculate how much money I put into it. I figure a movie is about 15$ for 2hrs of entertainment. I have spent about....200 in this game, roughly. So I look at my hours played, est 2200hrs. Following my movie rule I have saved $16,300 in entertainment value. Anyways, no one cares go play fortnite.
Bump
Hi Exiles!

While we encourage community discussions please keep in mind that attacking other players is a breach of our Code of Conduct.

Please keep the comments civil and focusing on the topic of the thread itself, thanks!
I guess i'll post my serious opinion seeing as dry wit isn't appreciated :eyes:

Quoting myself directly from this thread seeing as I have given up retyping the same response diiferent ways every time: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2200335

Since when has free to play ever meant "Experience every possible facet of an expensive to run game for free such to the point that paying confers nothing whatsoever."

Free to play means you can try what you are offered for free out of goodwill.

GGG Has employees to pay, hardware to maintain and bills to deal with.

The very fact that you get such a fleshed out game, with the option to pay being entirely your onus is amazing as it is.

That and besides;

You bought a PC that can run poe, you pay for your internet bill each month, you probably spend money on other luxuries in your life.

$20 is enough to buy core special tabs along with a premium upgrade and some normal and be forever set for trading. If you cant save up $20 to support a game you have probably milked hundreds of hours out of then you can sit with your 4 stash tabs and whine for all I care.

Is 4 tabs enough to play the game seriously? Hell no.

Should you be supporting a game if you are playing seriously? Hell yes.

Yeah i'm being an asshole, I get that. But you need to fully understand why you wont get more free tabs, because its never going to happen. GGG employees have families to feed just like you and me, and that's a paid model i'm always happy to support.

Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info