3.4.0 supports light beams on items in item filters!

Nifty. Now can we get a sound notification that is a choir singing, "Hallelujah" (for mirror drops of course)?

All beams of light from the sky should come with a heavenly choir sound! My current gong/cymbal sound just would not do it justice.

Want something better than light beams?

Have it where a mob doesn't drop over 9000 trash items.

Should remake Path of Exile lore to be where you got exiled to the Wraeclast to pick up all the garbage off mobs. The exile is the hell you go through trying to manage inventory.

Also make it where things drop identified or you can at least use a wisdom scroll on items on the ground without having it in your inventory the same way you can do with strong boxes.
Last edited by ZombieOtter on Aug 22, 2018, 7:10:04 PM
That is a good point. Players barely pick up any rares much less magic/white items so the latter should really just not drop anymore unless it's the highest item level in which case it might have limited crafting value during the first week of the league.

PoE currently drops too much loot and 99.9% of it is not worth picking up.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 22, 2018, 8:15:55 PM
just uniques! don't clutter the screen with more unnecessary colors
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
Nephalim wrote:
That is a good point. Players barely pick up any rares much less magic/white items so the latter should really just not drop anymore unless it's the highest item level in which case it might have limited crafting value during the first week of the league.

It really is an issue, Ive been meaning to make a feedback thread on it for a while but I feel like Ive made too many negative posts about the game recently and I dont want it to feel like Im just bashing them endlessly, cause theyve been doing a lot of good too recently and they deserve more than to be bashed and bashed.

but its really apparent when you play a game like D3, you kill a screen full of monsters and theres 2 white items, 5 blue items and 4 rare items on the floor. thats how it should be. You go and kill a screen full of monsters in a poe map, turn off ur filter and you cant even see the game, literally, the entire screen side to side, top to bottom is a wall of text.

Its absolutely absurd. Why? Why is this a thing? Every single one of those items is a 3D model, it is on the floor, light is hitting it, its playing off against its textures, bump maps, spec maps... do we need to be calculating all this shit? Why is it there? Its inconceivable that anyone would find use for even 5% of it. Complete bloat, its so bad you cant even play the game without a filter, it doesnt work, you cant see whats going on.

This idea that you need the crap items to make the good ones good, you need the crap stats on the items to make the good stats look good... yeah to a certain extent. But theyve followed that theory so far down an awful road, theres so many useless items, and the useful ones you pick up that are like 1 in 100 now, theyre all so shit when you id them because theyre bloated with shit mods and shit tiers of good mods to the point where you sit down and spam 1500 chaos on an item without hitting a really good roll. the futility of picking up the 2 decent rare bases the boss dropped when you look at those odds...

The normal/magic/rare loot system needs completely reworked at this point. Far too many items, far too little chance of them being good. Its got out of hand, by a factor of about 10, at least. We need 10x less items and they need to be 10x more likely to be good, just for a start, that may be a conservative estimate.
Not as useful as the map icon and I won't use it a lot. I guess I can at least use it for ex and encroaching darkness drops.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

It really is an issue, Ive been meaning to make a feedback thread on it for a while but I feel like Ive made too many negative posts about the game recently and I dont want it to feel like Im just bashing them endlessly, cause theyve been doing a lot of good too recently and they deserve more than to be bashed and bashed.

but its really apparent when you play a game like D3, you kill a screen full of monsters and theres 2 white items, 5 blue items and 4 rare items on the floor. thats how it should be. You go and kill a screen full of monsters in a poe map, turn off ur filter and you cant even see the game, literally, the entire screen side to side, top to bottom is a wall of text.

Its absolutely absurd. Why? Why is this a thing? Every single one of those items is a 3D model, it is on the floor, light is hitting it, its playing off against its textures, bump maps, spec maps... do we need to be calculating all this shit? Why is it there? Its inconceivable that anyone would find use for even 5% of it. Complete bloat, its so bad you cant even play the game without a filter, it doesnt work, you cant see whats going on.

This idea that you need the crap items to make the good ones good, you need the crap stats on the items to make the good stats look good... yeah to a certain extent. But theyve followed that theory so far down an awful road, theres so many useless items, and the useful ones you pick up that are like 1 in 100 now, theyre all so shit when you id them because theyre bloated with shit mods and shit tiers of good mods to the point where you sit down and spam 1500 chaos on an item without hitting a really good roll. the futility of picking up the 2 decent rare bases the boss dropped when you look at those odds...

The normal/magic/rare loot system needs completely reworked at this point. Far too many items, far too little chance of them being good. Its got out of hand, by a factor of about 10, at least. We need 10x less items and they need to be 10x more likely to be good, just for a start, that may be a conservative estimate.

Good points.
I hate the concentrated loot pinatas after incursions on maps with iiq and iir. It's just too much to sift through.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Aug 23, 2018, 1:37:02 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I feel like Ive made too many negative posts about the game recently and I dont want it to feel like Im just bashing them endlessly, cause theyve been doing a lot of good too recently and they deserve more than to be bashed and bashed.

dito.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

inconceivable that anyone would find use for even 5% of it. Complete bloat, its so bad you cant even play the game without a filter, it doesnt work, you cant see whats going on.

they're more or less making you setup a filter or use one of a stranger but didn't think about the consequences really. halve their gamers using neversinks has consequences on the economy one guy deceides eventually and a certain percentage using filters that don't show certain curency ...

if you release such a essential functionality like item filtering you must provide the basic tools to set them up. but that's just my opinion.

what if neversink quits making filters cause they really put the strain on him with the latest additions for the blind and quite orientationless reddit folks who urgently needs to be even more pointed to loot to be able to pick it up (yea, it's apparently good for deaf people, reddit seems full of them).
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I can't think of any items that are actually worth beaming. Rares are universally worthless and I don't even pick up uniques either because apart from one or two exceptions they're even worse than rares for signal to noise ratio.
QOL yeah, but not really necessary and just another way to make people feel like they're playing the slots instead of an RPG. I wouldn't be surprised if Reddit loves it.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

+1

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info