3.4.0 supports light beams on items in item filters!

This is actually wonderful for deaf and hard of hearing players. I would use this with no sound at all all day over having only item filter sound on and while listening to music hearing BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM when an item drops and jumping the shit out of myself.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
That is a good point. Players barely pick up any rares much less magic/white items so the latter should really just not drop anymore unless it's the highest item level in which case it might have limited crafting value during the first week of the league.

PoE currently drops too much loot and 99.9% of it is not worth picking up.

It really is an issue, Ive been meaning to make a feedback thread on it for a while but I feel like Ive made too many negative posts about the game recently and I dont want it to feel like Im just bashing them endlessly, cause theyve been doing a lot of good too recently and they deserve more than to be bashed and bashed.

but its really apparent when you play a game like D3, you kill a screen full of monsters and theres 2 white items, 5 blue items and 4 rare items on the floor. thats how it should be. You go and kill a screen full of monsters in a poe map, turn off ur filter and you cant even see the game, literally, the entire screen side to side, top to bottom is a wall of text.

Its absolutely absurd. Why? Why is this a thing? Every single one of those items is a 3D model, it is on the floor, light is hitting it, its playing off against its textures, bump maps, spec maps... do we need to be calculating all this shit? Why is it there? Its inconceivable that anyone would find use for even 5% of it. Complete bloat, its so bad you cant even play the game without a filter, it doesnt work, you cant see whats going on.

This idea that you need the crap items to make the good ones good, you need the crap stats on the items to make the good stats look good... yeah to a certain extent. But theyve followed that theory so far down an awful road, theres so many useless items, and the useful ones you pick up that are like 1 in 100 now, theyre all so shit when you id them because theyre bloated with shit mods and shit tiers of good mods to the point where you sit down and spam 1500 chaos on an item without hitting a really good roll. the futility of picking up the 2 decent rare bases the boss dropped when you look at those odds...

The normal/magic/rare loot system needs completely reworked at this point. Far too many items, far too little chance of them being good. Its got out of hand, by a factor of about 10, at least. We need 10x less items and they need to be 10x more likely to be good, just for a start, that may be a conservative estimate.

+1 from me as well. More and more crap loot and every league they add more and more crap to the pool of crap items. Rolls are so all over the map you have to drop millions of items to find anything of quality. It really needs some work. Doesn't seem like GGG considers it a problem though.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Hey @Bex,

could gen pop get the loot filter code for updating our filters yet? please? :]

filters take a little while to finagle, and even if they don't update to the game, it would be useful to be able to get a headstart on updating 'em.

regards,
bwam
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
morbo wrote:
First let me paraphrase:

No..

God, no..

Please..

No...

---------------------

More seriously:

What's even the point? We already hide 99% (SSF) and 99.99% (trade) of the drops. It's not like you can miss anything. The minimap radar is unnecessary too. Looks cool, but not necessary.

Off-screen kills. I guess Delve would go even further in projectile clearspeed meta if this is considered necessary.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
Oblitus wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
First let me paraphrase:

No..

God, no..

Please..

No...

---------------------

More seriously:

What's even the point? We already hide 99% (SSF) and 99.99% (trade) of the drops. It's not like you can miss anything. The minimap radar is unnecessary too. Looks cool, but not necessary.

Off-screen kills. I guess Delve would go even further in projectile clearspeed meta if this is considered necessary.

Do things actually drop in Delve? I though the crawler picked everything up? That part still confuses me so maybe I've got it wrong.

Though I do find it pretty funny that they are giving us things to highlight loot drops when we spend a not insignificant amount of effort to hide things that drop. There's some irony there, I think.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
Last edited by Phaeded on Aug 23, 2018, 7:21:44 PM
"
Phaeded wrote:
Do things actually drop in Delve? I though the crawler picked everything up? That part still confuses me so maybe I've got it wrong.

Yeah, that's what foraying out into the Daahkness is all about. Crawler only picks up items within its light radius.
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
"
Phaeded wrote:

Though I do find it pretty funny that they are giving us things to highlight loot drops when we spend a not insignificant amount of effort to hide things that drop. There's some irony there, I think.

Only things in light radius and only when blazing a trail. And only in delve, ofc. There still would be the mandatory grind.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
bwam wrote:
"
Phaeded wrote:

Yeah, that's what foraying out into the Daahkness is all about. Crawler only picks up items within its light radius.

Ah, of course. Didn't think of that part. Duh.
"
JLawL wrote:
...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM...

I am surprised neibours haven't complained,always forgetting to turn volume down when I come in from a night shift.Now we have this visual it would be good to tone down the sound and balance it visual.
Last edited by Kavlor on Aug 23, 2018, 8:37:15 PM
uh... why? i mean, i get that its easier for people to find items amongst junk, but isnt that what loot filters are for?
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info