[3.8] Demi's Infinite Tinkerer, the Lightning Trap Saboteur (EVERYTHING/BUDGET VIABLE)

Slightly random question.. but would one of those timeless jewels work well this build? If so, which one?
"
Pracis wrote:
Slightly random question.. but would one of those timeless jewels work well this build? If so, which one?

i'm sure there's more than a few that work but i dunno which :)
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
From what I've seen so far, a good spot for timeless jewels is down by Pain Attunement/Melding for a 1 point keystone

("Avarius") Power of Purpose - 80% of Maximum Mana is Converted to twice that much Armour

Since this build reserves all mana you can gain a nice 5%++ physical damage reduction

("Dominus") Inner Conviction - 3% more Spell Damage per Power Charge, Gain Power Charges instead of Frenzy Charges

I'm not sure about power charges instead of frenzy but maybe it will work for Shimmeron builds

("Asaneth") Dance with Death - Can't use Helmets, Your Critical Strike Chance is Lucky, Your Damage with Critical Strikes is Lucky, Enemies' Damage with Critical Strikes against you is Lucky

For the suicidal but it could be fun & frees up a flask
edit: nevermind this probably doesn't work with traps

Vaal has some interesting notables giving lightning dmg/pen but good luck finding a jewel that fits with the random -

(Vaal) Ritual of Thunder -(25-35)% increased Lightning Damage, Damage Penetrates (2-4)% Lightning Resistance

Vaal can also turn regular nodes into up to +10% crit multi each which is potentially insane with the right seed

Other good notables -

(Eternal) Brutal Execution - +40% to Critical Strike Multiplier

Almost all of the jewels have good defensive passives if you can find a place to put them

Karui is not very useful for trappers

One that really pops out is a way to get Arcane Surge despite using EB, by Flame Dashing into enemies -

(Templar) Zealot - Gain Arcane Surge on Hit with Spells if you have at least 150 Devotion

but scraping together 150 devotion isn't easy

anyway, the timeless jewels are super tricky to fit in but it looks like if you can get it to work you'll have some nice bonuses
Last edited by mshock on Jun 19, 2019, 8:47:51 PM
"
"
maxineji wrote:

You put Elemental focus on your Lightning Trap links, does that mean your build doesn't shock?

yea no shock is a slight oof

If you took a closer look you'd see that I've had vaal lightning trap for shocked ground and ring with shock on focus back then. Both of those shocks default to 20%, which is more than you could hope to shock shaper and company anyway. So in the end it just meant I've had superior shock when I really needed it, and huge damage multiplier of ele focus support.
Last edited by Lirhtim on Jun 19, 2019, 6:57:29 PM
First time Trying 2-way timeless and it was pretty decent tbh.. i had spare so yeah. Ill probably 4 way timeless with guild just to make sure. I did swap out slower proj for pierce since a few mobs were off screen..

Killed Shaper deathless just now. Feels really nice.

Here are my full items + Jewels atm.

Jewels:

Ill probably re craft the gloves since i dont have much recipes yet for it, probably time to farm Jun. :D

I was planning on Changing the Temporal Chains to Enfeeble for the CoH setup. Would double Enfeeble work? I can't afford to reserve anymore mana for Blasphemy with one more curse so I just made a Curse on Hit setup for Orb of Storms.
Last edited by linear092 on Jun 20, 2019, 3:31:59 AM
You can by default have only one curse on enemy, to apply more you need additional curses mod from either gear or tree. For same curses having another of the same will help with uptime, it won't amplify it or anything.
Last edited by Lirhtim on Jun 20, 2019, 8:12:21 AM
@mshock

Wow! That's a lot of info. Thank you for providing that! I just started leveling this build and so far it's been refreshing! I suppose I better start saving up my currency to do some rng timeless gambling :P

Ritual of Thunder appears to be a really juicy one to consider..

Hi guys its my first time using this build and am quite new to the game

As of now I am at t9s and is doing okay

My jewels are mostly Max 7% hp and 15% trap damage, still saving enough for better ones

Question:
- can this set bring me to end game?
- is my wand okay( because it wasnt crafted but it had spell damage and lightning penetration already so I thought it wouldnt be so bad to use it )

Any suggestions on good alternatives for Pierce Support? I've already got it as a helmet enchant.
"
markusaurus wrote:
Any suggestions on good alternatives for Pierce Support? I've already got it as a helmet enchant.

Max dps would be Slower Projectiles but I don't recommend it

I like Charged Traps but I'm running 5 power charges

Added Lightning Damage is probably your best bet

Piercing Shots is a good way to spend 3 passive points for those without the helm enchant

Last edited by mshock on Jun 20, 2019, 4:02:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info