Worst Death Penalty mechanics I've ever seen!

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
It's fine, just because you don't like the implementation dose not mean that it is wrong.

It's an opinion, they tend to be personal.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
I.E it is a tool to HURT you enough into re evaluating your build.

Why, though? What re-evaluation does my build need? Isn't the point of having a skill tree at all to experiment with builds? Why not just have one build, then, one that works and get rid of the penalty?
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
that UFO is no joke with -max and fire/lightning thingies
d:-D*
"
beaniac wrote:
"
Buster1013 wrote:
... Why? Because (in most cases) dying doesn't give you a lesson - if you don't know what mistake you have done, you won't learn anything and repeat mistake in the future.

Sorry man, but if this is your reason then it is entirely your problem. Certainly it is tougher to get to the root cause of some deaths than others, but it is almost always possible. At the very least you will pay more attention next time ;)

I have had three deaths in my SSF play-through, two of them from being completely ambushed entering an Incursion, I couldn't do anything, I was utterly overrun. Pay attention? Yeah, right, I pay attention to never enter one ever again.
"
Nubatron wrote:
Hardcore penalty aside, which is actually pretty generous because you still keep your character, I think you're forgetting that losing experience with down-leveling when you hit a certain point was a pretty common mechanic in older games.

For instance?
"
Krehlmar wrote:
I only ever play HC so your complaint is kind of hilarious

The elitism is real!!11
"
Buster1013 wrote:
Another problem is very low zoom, so you don't see whole arena. Third problem is huge damage spikes, which usually one-shot players. It is primitive and artificial way to make game difficult.

+1

The only things that you missed is the on death effects on mosters: Detonate dead, martyr's touch, porcupines, 10 stacks of corrupted blood, etc. And also the "missclick" issue due to bad hitboxes or the action lock into a hitbox if you don't release the key, examples are those trial totems that make your char lock onto them, masters in the middle of a bunch of dangerous shit that root you with their dialogue, strongboxes, bosses with absurd size and your char being teleported back into a lab trap due to desync.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
OP you are right. They will never fix it. Thus RIP HC
"
beaniac wrote:
"
Buster1013 wrote:
... Why? Because (in most cases) dying doesn't give you a lesson - if you don't know what mistake you have done, you won't learn anything and repeat mistake in the future.

Sorry man, but if this is your reason then it is entirely your problem. Certainly it is tougher to get to the root cause of some deaths than others, but it is almost always possible. At the very least you will pay more attention next time ;)

Bullshit. When you reach a certain point, the deaths where you don't know what happened without having recorded and reviewed the situation far outnumber obvious deaths.
"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
beaniac wrote:
"
Buster1013 wrote:

I have had three deaths in my SSF play-through, two of them from being completely ambushed entering an Incursion, I couldn't do anything, I was utterly overrun. Pay attention? Yeah, right, I pay attention to never enter one ever again.

You learned you weren't ready for that content. I know exactly that feeling when you get smashed and you can't think of any way to survive that situation. It's frustrating, but if you stick with it and put some thought into it you will find that there are answers. If you can't solve your own problems and overcome difficulties then maybe this game isn't for you. PoE is meant to be challenging.
"
"
beaniac wrote:
"
Buster1013 wrote:

Bullshit. When you reach a certain point, the deaths where you don't know what happened without having recorded and reviewed the situation far outnumber obvious deaths.

Things do get faster, busier, and more difficult to figure out as you progress toward the end game. It never becomes impossible though. If you want to do end game content you should have end game level skills and if you don't have them, then learn. Complaining about being bad at the game on these forums isn't going to get you a lot of sympathy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info