Worst Death Penalty mechanics I've ever seen!

"
Buster1013 wrote:
I think that leveling to 100 on white maps should be impossible.

Djeez, there I was, thinking it was already impossible to level from 99 to 100 in white maps. Just being curious: how many tier 5 white maps would you need to do to go from 99 to 100?

I guess that would even drive the most hardcore grinders completely bonkers!
Last edited by bablo on Jul 27, 2018, 4:40:43 AM
"
bablo wrote:
"
Buster1013 wrote:
I think that leveling to 100 on white maps should be impossible.

Djeez, there I was, thinking it was already impossible to level from 99 to 100 in white maps. Just being curious: how many tier 5 white maps would you need to do to go from 99 to 100?

I guess that would even drive the most hardcore grinders completely bonkers!

Better question: What do I gain from going from 90 to 100?
That was rhetorical. The answer is not much.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
This is why my goal is just 90 or if it will be possible 91. Getting 9 more passive points would be great, but it would not make such big difference. If my build does not work with 91, then even 99 would not make it run good.
Try this out, take a goal like 90 and then feel free to play and die if it happens, doesn´t care anymore.
Each level after 90 is torture for me and I am playing the game to have fun.
"
Gannicus2491 wrote:
This is why my goal is just 90 or if it will be possible 91. Getting 9 more passive points would be great, but it would not make such big difference. If my build does not work with 91, then even 99 would not make it run good.
Try this out, take a goal like 90 and then feel free to play and die if it happens, doesn´t care anymore.
Each level after 90 is torture for me and I am playing the game to have fun.

This is for you and some players, but many for many players this is a big thing. Losing goal usually means losing player and this means losing money. Average casual player should be able to get to 100 level and challenges during league (about 160h). For elite/dedicated/nolife players should be something like prestige levels/challenges - impossible to do for casual players. This solution would give motivation for (almost) all players.
Death penalty is fine, one shot mechanics and spike damage ain't fine. Not to add that unless you record your gameplay it is sometimes very hard to say what one shotted you.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
https://youtu.be/Ogux18vEwDY?t=211

So, decent player, 8.5k hp, gets bursted anyways.

What? This isn't well designed, it's literally an RNG game where you build 5k hp then the rest go damage, or something similar to that.

Standard shouldn't even have that 10% exp loss penalty, there's already hardcore for that. Like it shouldn't even be 10%, 5% is already brutal enough.

Seriously? If somebody with 8.5k hp is getting random bursted, there is something wrong.

May as well add a death recap like in League of Legends as well and it still won't do much cause LUL. Vindictus honestly has better PvE than PoE tbh, this game is so overrated.
Like loosing exp wasnt enough penalty for dying there are only 6 portals. My only complain is that i cant hide exp line from the bottom of the screen as i'm not bother leveling from 95+.
"
OverratedGame wrote:
https://youtu.be/Ogux18vEwDY?t=211

So, decent player, 8.5k hp, gets bursted anyways.

What? This isn't well designed, it's literally an RNG game where you build 5k hp then the rest go damage, or something similar to that.

Standard shouldn't even have that 10% exp loss penalty, there's already hardcore for that. Like it shouldn't even be 10%, 5% is already brutal enough.

Seriously? If somebody with 8.5k hp is getting random bursted, there is something wrong.

May as well add a death recap like in League of Legends as well and it still won't do much cause LUL. Vindictus honestly has better PvE than PoE tbh, this game is so overrated.

Taking advice from someone called OverratedGame. How much more ridiculous can this argument become?
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
Molochmane wrote:
Death penalty is harsh..but there's a workaround

- Staying attentive the type of maps you play
- Knowing mobs you're up against vs strength/weakness of a character
- AVOID RIPPY MAPS
- Play relatively safe maps (yes kinda sucks tho, but a necessary evil)

But there are bullshit death's that are unavoidable due to lag (often for me), crashes (rare, but f'ing annoying) & dumb ass broken mechanics that hasn't been flushed out.

Unfortunately you need to play difficult maps to get any kind of decent loot drops (and of course even then they're rubbish. But that is another story. And of course you need to get maps to drop so you can keep playing maps. In theory, playing blue maps would be "safe", but you'll run out of maps very fast, and you won't get replacement maps or the loot to acquire more. Trying to get gear to drop and trying to level up have completely different and opposed requirements.

Beyond a certain level, I'd like to see the penalty based on your exp/hour. Make it (say) a two hour penalty, so no matter what kind of maps you're running, the penalty is the same.

Running 20 of your highest available tier of maps, then losing everything in an instant and having to start again is a total pain in the arse.
yeah, they need to fix that

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info