Worst Death Penalty mechanics I've ever seen!

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Once you learn the fight, you'll find it's pretty easy to avoid the major sources of damage.

The problem is, that I will not learn, if I don't know why I've died. In some cases (like Elder and his Guardians) I know that, but in some cases I just died in 1 second without noticing any special effect.
I dont see any any key!
I agree, they should establish somewhat damage taken log / death log, just to see what did hit you and for how much it hit you. But there will be always people that defending on what it is and don't really talk about your actual idea ; a death / combat log to see what the fuck did just hit you, and also go like "learn the fight, learn the mechanic, pay attention, bla bla bla". But then in action rpg or perhaps PoE, the only "lesson" that you will get is either get better gears, or kill them before they kill you. Can't really enforce anything beyond that, gameplay-mechanic wise, as either the monsters are too weak you one-shot you, or strong enough to one-shot you. Difficulty in this game is about character progression in level and gears, not really about deaths or lesson from being slain. You dead = your gears / build is not good enough, gratz on losing 10% exp or thrown out from HC.
"
Buster1013 wrote:

For example, I finished Temple of Atzoatl many times, but I died 2 times during boss fights. Why? I have no idea. I'm playing totem build, so I have put totems and dodge attacks, but in these two cases I've died.

In Diablo 2 boss attacks are clearly - I know which attack killed me. In PoE usually I have no idea what is going on (excluding endgame bosses). Another problem is very low zoom, so you don't see whole arena. Third problem is huge damage spikes, which usually one-shot players. It is primitive and artificial way to make game difficult.

Comedy.
"
Nubatron wrote:
Hardcore penalty aside, which is actually pretty generous because you still keep your character

LMFAO
"
Buster1013 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Once you learn the fight, you'll find it's pretty easy to avoid the major sources of damage.

The problem is, that I will not learn, if I don't know why I've died. In some cases (like Elder and his Guardians) I know that, but in some cases I just died in 1 second without noticing any special effect.

Maybe the problem was you didn't stop to notice what was going on.
"

Maybe the problem was you didn't stop to notice what was going on.

Most of these deaths were instant or about 1 second. It is very hard notice something, when you try not to die. Maybe I missed something, but why only in 1/15 fights - in 14/15 I had always 40%+ life?
I only ever play HC so your complaint is kind of hilarious
I'm agree, would be nice to have which skill/attack killed you. A skill explanation would be wonderful too, but all we know not gonna happen since GGG don't even think about it. That extra info doesn't hurt anyone if u dont want to know just click away and all good, the main problem is most "hardcore" players think this game is only for them. Cheers.
"
Buster1013 wrote:
First of all, I am not against death penalty. It is present in games since beginning of video games, but in PoE it doesn't make sense. Why? Because (in most cases) dying doesn't give you a lesson - if you don't know what mistake you have done, you won't learn anything and repeat mistake in the future.
For example, I finished Temple of Atzoatl many times, but I died 2 times during boss fights. Why? I have no idea. I'm playing totem build, so I have put totems and dodge attacks, but in these two cases I've died. The same problem is with some map bosses. I have just started endgame bosses, but in that cases, I knew why I've died, so it is not a problem.
I think it is mostly caused by graphic - there are too many effects, so it is difficult to see danger. In Diablo 2 boss attacks are clearly - I know which attack killed me. In PoE usually I have no idea what is going on (excluding endgame bosses). Another problem is very low zoom, so you don't see whole arena. Third problem is huge damage spikes, which usually one-shot players. It is primitive and artificial way to make game difficult.

Welcome to PoE, man. All these have been around forever.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info