[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

hi guys, currently rocking with this build at lvl 74 - it's fun as hell!
I got a problem surviving high hp targets (syndicates, map bosses, etc.). As soon as I stand still and push my Molten Strike button, they almost one shot me and I feel like I have almost no recovery. My gear is far from optimal, but I'm not sure how to progress with my gear at this point. Can you point me into some direction how to have a more enjoyable life with surviving? Is there some Node on the tree which could help me out in the future?

Last edited by iSiarra on Dec 27, 2018, 7:21:30 PM
I stumbled on this build looking for something different and having never done a Scion before. It looks interesting. I'm curious about 3 things though.
1) What map(s) are best to elder orb with this style, I have never played flicker so my goto of Haunted Mansion or UGS may not be a good idea.
2) I saw your comment about Loreweave, but I already have a 6L loreweave with 80 resists but not high life (25). Hard to decide after reading your comment which would be better. Any additional info?
3) What map mods are must avoids, and nice to avoid?
Last edited by ZeroCloud on Dec 27, 2018, 7:21:55 PM
"
ZeroCloud wrote:
I stumbled on this build looking for something different and having never done a Scion before. It looks interesting. I'm curious about 3 things though.
1) What map(s) are best to elder orb with this style, I have never played flicker so my goto of Haunted Mansion or UGS may not be a good idea.
2) I saw your comment about Loreweave, but I already have a 6L loreweave with 80 resists but not high life (25). Hard to decide after reading your comment which would be better. Any additional info?
3) What map mods are must avoids, and nice to avoid?

1) I chose toxic sewer because I can hold down flicker and press nothing else to clear the map

2)Loreweave is a fine choice. If you check out the bottom of OP's post in the credits section, he has a link to a post I made a few pages back about using loreweave and gearing to compliment the item. You can see that I used a loreweave to hit 100 and clear all content in the game. Gearing is a bit trickier and more expensive, but the damage output can be really insane and I still have 7300+hp

3)The only map mod I ever avoid is ele reflect but it is def still doable but slowed me down quite a bit. No regen and no leech are both annoying but fine to run. The damage mods don't really do anything and this build will still melt tanky modded bosses and rares in a second.
8/8 anarchy/onslaught
8/8 domination/nemesis
40/40 breach/talisman/harbinger/Abyss
20/20 flashback
Well, this is the first league I've ever played in (sorta, I did some testing in delve), but this build has not led me astray. Just wanted to share my accomplishment and say that this build is legit.

Thanks a ton to Monhsaroh for all the effort that went in to it.

Hi, as mentioned before, iam loving this build (my first character in "endgame)".

How viable it is to use Prismweave Rustic Stash belt? Been running it quite some time and feels like a good dmg boost, tho iam new and may be missing something.

Might I ask why when you get whispers of doom, you go for duration over effect?
Affect if i put the fliker in the weapon and the molten strike in the chest or no matter ?
"
EdwardElric66 wrote:
Affect if i put the fliker in the weapon and the molten strike in the chest or no matter ?

I was wondering the same thing. Since the weapon is str/dex you would figure it is easier to get the flicker strike colors than the chest.
"
iSiarra wrote:
hi guys, currently rocking with this build at lvl 74 - it's fun as hell!
I got a problem surviving high hp targets (syndicates, map bosses, etc.). As soon as I stand still and push my Molten Strike button, they almost one shot me and I feel like I have almost no recovery. My gear is far from optimal, but I'm not sure how to progress with my gear at this point. Can you point me into some direction how to have a more enjoyable life with surviving? Is there some Node on the tree which could help me out in the future?

Post your tree. Likely your issue is that your getting to the tougher content and you are the lowest level recommended for those areas with not super optimal gear but especially not optimal skill allocation.

First, just grind out low level maps, Blood Aqueducts etc...and get yourself to 80-85+ and see how it feels. Make sure you have all of your keystone passives and Uber lab complete. Those skills from high 70s to mid 80s are huge. Especially if you can get the unique jewels set up.

Also, a big thing is you appear not to have a curse flask. That will be huge in end game content especially.

I too feel under-powered in certain boss fights and my gear is a little better and I am a few levels higher, but every few levels I feel a big increase in survivability so I think it's just a really end-game focused build, especially after Uber Lab and switching over to late game Duelist Tree. I think it will get better. Those acrobatics and phase acrobatics keystones are really big for that as well by the way the latter of which i'm sure you don't have yet.

I will say that I found a good deal on a really nice abyss jewel and spent a pretty penny (3-4ex)on a sweet stygian belt
"
Hi, as mentioned before, iam loving this build (my first character in "endgame)".

How viable it is to use Prismweave Rustic Stash belt? Been running it quite some time and feels like a good dmg boost, tho iam new and may be missing something.

It's not bad for leveling up, but pretty weak overall comparatively. It has 40% ele dmg, very little resists, no life ( huge no no end game) and some physical dmg.

by comparison. A Stygian Vise belt can have stats like

90+ Max Life
50-90% ele damage
50-90% total ele resists

Plus the added stats from the socket in the belt..my current jewel has

47 Max Life
added base fire damage
Onslaught % on kill

So essentially those aren't even on the same planet..

Again, this is late game so if you are just leveling right now then do whatever feels okay until you start dying too much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info