[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
ZeroCloud wrote:
"
EdwardElric66 wrote:
Affect if i put the fliker in the weapon and the molten strike in the chest or no matter ?

I was wondering the same thing. Since the weapon is str/dex you would figure it is easier to get the flicker strike colors than the chest.

Yeah, and in the order , you can get belly of the beast before ori sacrifice and use with molten strike in her with 6l, this is a problem o no matter?
"
AbrownMN wrote:
"
Hi, as mentioned before, iam loving this build (my first character in "endgame)".

How viable it is to use Prismweave Rustic Stash belt? Been running it quite some time and feels like a good dmg boost, tho iam new and may be missing something.

It's not bad for leveling up, but pretty weak overall comparatively. It has 40% ele dmg, very little resists, no life ( huge no no end game) and some physical dmg.

by comparison. A Stygian Vise belt can have stats like

90+ Max Life
50-90% ele damage
50-90% total ele resists

Plus the added stats from the socket in the belt..my current jewel has

47 Max Life
added base fire damage
Onslaught % on kill

So essentially those aren't even on the same planet..

Again, this is late game so if you are just leveling right now then do whatever feels okay until you start dying too much.

Thanks for input, very helpful!
I think i'am at end game (not sure lol, lvl89?), so i will be looking for a new belt ^^
I cannot figure out the reason for the skill point change from 93 to 94. What is so magical at 94 that you give up the resistance nodes for the damage ones?
"
Zeros wrote:
Doing some t3-t9 maps now and got few issues:

When im doing syndicate uniques, sometimes my moltenstrike isnt enough to keep my hp topped up. Got 5k hp.

Many times when flickering, my character just stops and does nothing..sometimes it teleports backwards and i find myself in some corner doing nothing. I do have good connection so could some gameplay option smoothen it out?

Thanks for replies!

Using Vaal Grace and a Dying Sun Flask solved this issue for me.
Trap build ! U show the build with ORO sword, in ur T16 mapping video u have other weapon.
There is no pastebin to see what items u have on, just trust what u say u have on, cause u dont hover over them. this is a trap build, and as far as lvl 67 after story ends and maps begins its a trash build...cannot finish T1 maps with it without getting 1shot from normal mobs.

What am i missing ? Should i buy some exalts with real money so i can actually be able to play the game ?
I JUST WANT ITEMS BACK THAT GAME STOLE FROM ME !
"
TeaAichSee wrote:
Trap build ! U show the build with ORO sword, in ur T16 mapping video u have other weapon.
There is no pastebin to see what items u have on, just trust what u say u have on, cause u dont hover over them. this is a trap build, and as far as lvl 67 after story ends and maps begins its a trash build...cannot finish T1 maps with it without getting 1shot from normal mobs.

What am i missing ? Should i buy some exalts with real money so i can actually be able to play the game ?

That's a bit aggressive lol.
The T16 video is from 3.3 patch, you should watch 3.5 ones just under the 3.3 tab in op.
I'm leveling the build atm but i think that as it is, it'll kick off around lvl 75/80 after uber lab is done, you can't expect a build to fully go ham at lvl 67.
Your profile is set to private so the op can't see what you are doing wrong, make it public and maybe try to be a bit less bitter if you can't understand the build you've chosen.
Last edited by Aoki4 on Dec 29, 2018, 7:08:34 AM
So i found a gem Self-Flagellation Viridian Jewel, it says 18% increased damage per curse on you, and An additional curse can be applied to you.
Question is, can i remove nods from passive tree that granted me usage of 2nd curse and use this jewel in some other socket so i can run 2 curses and get remaining nodes somewhere else. If that good thing to do? if so where could i put my points. Atm im lvl 90. Thanks for response in advance :)
"
Skrbo wrote:
So i found a gem Self-Flagellation Viridian Jewel, it says 18% increased damage per curse on you, and An additional curse can be applied to you.
Question is, can i remove nods from passive tree that granted me usage of 2nd curse and use this jewel in some other socket so i can run 2 curses and get remaining nodes somewhere else. If that good thing to do? if so where could i put my points. Atm im lvl 90. Thanks for response in advance :)

Jewel refers to curses that gets applied to your character, not the ones that you apply to mobs and enemies, so it doesn't work for this build.
Last edited by Aoki4 on Dec 29, 2018, 11:02:52 AM
"
Solanales wrote:
Well, this is the first league I've ever played in (sorta, I did some testing in delve), but this build has not led me astray. Just wanted to share my accomplishment and say that this build is legit.

Thanks a ton to Monhsaroh for all the effort that went in to it.

Ty!

"
ZeroCloud wrote:
"
EdwardElric66 wrote:
Affect if i put the fliker in the weapon and the molten strike in the chest or no matter ?

I was wondering the same thing. Since the weapon is str/dex you would figure it is easier to get the flicker strike colors than the chest.

It really doesn't matter, it's recommended the way it is since it makes swapping in a Kaom's heart for content that doesn't use flicker strike possible, such as Uber Elder. I've personally never done this but I know some players like it.

"
ZeroCloud wrote:
I cannot figure out the reason for the skill point change from 93 to 94. What is so magical at 94 that you give up the resistance nodes for the damage ones?

As gear improves it becomes possible to drop the resists in the tree and still be resist capped. Going the projectile route saves a skill point and gives 40% increased damage on molten strike. That being said the switch may have been suggested too early, might move it up a few more levels.

"
TeaAichSee wrote:

There's a few things you can do to make your character a lot better:

- The vaal ancestral warchief which you are using gives a damage boost only to melee, molten strike is counted as a projectile attack and gets almost no benefit from it. Please use ancestral protector.

- Put Enfeeble on Blasphemy setup. It's an incredibly powerful defensive layer and having it on a high level cast when damage taken setup make it activate only after you've taken 2000 damage. Since you only have 3000 hp right now, this isn't ideal as this powerful defensive layer would only activate when close to death.

- Fireborn jewel in the duelist starting area, this is missing out on a huge amount of damage.

- Without melee splash in flicker strike you aren't going to have a good time. Melee splash is a core support gem that makes flicker strike playable. This is probably the biggest reason the character feels unplayable.

- Using the wrong aura.

- Build cannot support 5 curses, due to a curse limit on enemy targets. Those 5 curses you're trying to use aren't doing anything.

Please try to follow the guide before flaming, or at least ask for help nicely.

Edit: About the weapon, I see why you're confused. In the 3.3 videos I've used a skin transfer to make the appearance into an "Edge of Madness" sword. This sword is awful and I don't recommend using it in actual combat, you can buy it if you want for 1 alch.

"
Skrbo wrote:

The wording on this jewel is really misleading, it increases the # of curses that we can have affecting us, and not the # of curses that we can have affecting the enemy.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Last edited by Monhsaroh on Dec 29, 2018, 11:47:36 AM
Crafted this belt today - I'm deeming the character done unless someone has a dmg/+1 gems loreweave to sell me lol. When poeninja updates I will post a link with what I feel as close to min/maxed as you can get in a league...

On a sidenote, whats the coolest weapon transfer skin for a 2h sword? They all look fairly boring

8/8 anarchy/onslaught
8/8 domination/nemesis
40/40 breach/talisman/harbinger/Abyss
20/20 flashback

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info