[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Oh, and i have that other issue, i keep bleeding out all of the time, it seems to be the only thing that could kill me atm (with the occasionnal oneshot of course), but why is that? do you have or had this issue as well ?
Hi, i picked your build for my first "hardcore" league playing. Im level 86 and i like it so much. I have no struggles, its great build, not so much expensive (except Starkonja's but i dont mind). I just wanted to ask, as 86th passive i picked curse cast speed. Why not 2x curse effect on the same circle, that would lead to same big passive Whispers of doom. I just dont think that curse cast speed is something big for this build. Correct me if i am wrong. Thanks.
"
xACID_KVLTx wrote:
Oh, and i have that other issue, i keep bleeding out all of the time, it seems to be the only thing that could kill me atm (with the occasionnal oneshot of course), but why is that? do you have or had this issue as well ?

Hey Acid,

A flask with bleeding immunity will greatly increase your life span. Just keep an eye on the top left debuff bar and when you see corrupted blood stacking up cleanse it.

Or you can get a corrupted jewel with the implicit "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" and never worry about it again but these are generally more expensive.

"
cahisha666 wrote:
Hi, i picked your build for my first "hardcore" league playing. Im level 86 and i like it so much. I have no struggles, its great build, not so much expensive (except Starkonja's but i dont mind). I just wanted to ask, as 86th passive i picked curse cast speed. Why not 2x curse effect on the same circle, that would lead to same big passive Whispers of doom. I just dont think that curse cast speed is something big for this build. Correct me if i am wrong. Thanks.

The curse cast speed is as you say, useless. But it does save one passive point which can be invested in other areas, such as hp.

For mapping/delving +10% curse effectiveness is honestly quite good when using 2 curses, yet it's basically a lost passive point vs bosses (some who are almost curse immune) - It's really up to your own discretion if you want to path that way or not.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Hey again,

Curious is the mod fore increasing damage overtime is at useful for ingite damage, or it's basically just a wasted mod because of how quickly flicker clears.. I'm on Xbox so I can't really check out POB calculations as well. Is the ignite damage on this build worth beefing up?

thanks.
"
sum_ignis wrote:
Hey again,

Curious is the mod fore increasing damage overtime is at useful for ingite damage, or it's basically just a wasted mod because of how quickly flicker clears.. I'm on Xbox so I can't really check out POB calculations as well. Is the ignite damage on this build worth beefing up?

thanks.

No.

But as a side note, the ignites can pick of strays you tag as your move through a map. Of course, the ignites finishing off critters like that depends on your gear and relative map tier.
"
Monhsaroh wrote:

Hey Acid,

A flask with bleeding immunity will greatly increase your life span. Just keep an eye on the top left debuff bar and when you see corrupted blood stacking up cleanse it.

Or you can get a corrupted jewel with the implicit "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" and never worry about it again but these are generally more expensive.

Yep i have that life flask with instant recov on low life and removes bleeding on use, but checking one's life bar's so annoying :p i wanna be godlike
Thx for the corrupted blood thing
Hey! I started this build, got to 77lv and I'm super enjoying it so far!

However, I'm lacking survivability...

Could you guys spare a minute and check what should I upgrade next?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MonsieurMotto/characters

Visit my personal blog:
https://www.TomaszDrozd.com
"
MonsieurMotto wrote:
Hey! I started this build, got to 77lv and I'm super enjoying it so far!

However, I'm lacking survivability...

Could you guys spare a minute and check what should I upgrade next?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MonsieurMotto/characters

Hey Motto,

Glad you are enjoying the build. A few things in order of importance:

- Your cold and lightning resists aren't capped out. The game is balanced around 75% resist, anything lower and the game gets significantly more difficult. If you have 50% lightning resist, which you do, you will take double the lightning damage that the game is balanced around.

If you want to band-aid fix for your resists get a "wise oak" flask, it will give you resists during its use while also increasing your damage if your fire resist is highest.

- Having some way to remove bleeding will help a lot. Either roll a flask until you hit cleanse bleed or just simply buy one from another player, these flasks are common and very cheap. Some magic monster packs will stack a bleed on you every time you hit them and it ramps up fast.

- Utility flask with curse immunity. Right now you have curse immunity on your life flask, which will run out as soon as you hit full life. With curse immunity on a utility flask such as a basalt, quicksilver or sulphur flask, the curse immunity stays for the entire duration of the flask. Some super rippy map mods which give you a permanent curse can be entirely negated this way.

- Make blood rage gem a higher level than cast when damage taken gem so that it doesn't proc on damage taken. Some fights having blood rage active will do more harm than good. Can delevel gems by selling them to a vendor with an orb of scouring.

- Gearwise missing a lot of life - mostly coming from rings and jewels. In particular "Brood Eye, diamond ring" is really bad, the ring only gives fire and cold resist, and you're already way over the cap for fire resist.

As you fill out your tree and get more jewel sockets prioritize life over damage too. For example and abyss jewel with +50 life (actually gives closer to +150 life) or a regular jewel with +7% max life will help you a lot more than aggressively oriented jewels.

Hope this helps! Ideally 6k+ life will feel a lot better and is achievable around level 90 with a small investment.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
A friend of mine did a build like this with an elementalist and scorching ray totem for shaper. He took resolute technique and went and grabbed all the fire damage increases while mainly staying in the strength tree. I just had an Oro's drop for me so I'm going to try his build out to see how it works.

All I remember was that he was using Kaom's heart and a lot of well itemized shaped gear with lots of burning damage

His ascendancy was shaper of desolation, beacon of ruin, pendulum of destruction, and mastermind of discord. I think his build was almost 100 exalts so it wasnt cheap, but the damage was nuts.
Hey there, thanks for the amazing work ! I've been looking forward to play flicker strike again, as it is my favorite skill, and having molten strike as a boss killer will definitely make this a favorite ! I've got two questions tho

first one: Could we use a lion's roar instead of the basalt flask or would that
remove too much defensive stats? I don't know if the 20-25% melee dmgs would be enough, to justify it ^^'

second one: what about having ancestral call on flicker strike? I've never played flicker with it and have no idea on how faster do you clear with it, considering that flicker is already a ferrari, could it be worth it ?

Thanks again and have a nice day !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info