[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Hello. I got another question: I can only find a Oro's Sacri with 3R 2B 1G currently on the market for the MS (i use Kaom's heart) so can u suggest a G socket support for MS?
hi, thanks for the reply on lacking mana question of mine.
i got another question, is impresence really a requirement?
I mean, considering higher tier maps have reduced effectivity of curses on them, why not just drop the curse and replace it with something else? amulet like reduced the anger mana reservation? also the chance to igite can be delegated to jewels..

thanks
Delete this.
Last edited by DamonBlack on Nov 7, 2018, 2:53:44 PM
"
mojito000 wrote:
I have a Kaom's heart a 6l Loreweave, a 6l oro and a 5 link oro... (these are spare items on standart) Should i run 6l oro with loreweave or 6 + 5 link oros with Kaom's heart?

I'd only use a loreweave if you can get over 6500 hp when using it so you're out of range of most physical 1 shots.

"
liukang23 wrote:
Hello. I got another question: I can only find a Oro's Sacri with 3R 2B 1G currently on the market for the MS (i use Kaom's heart) so can u suggest a G socket support for MS?

Combustion, concentrated effect, elemental damage with attacks, multistrike, slower projectiles

"
wingraiderx wrote:
hi, thanks for the reply on lacking mana question of mine.
i got another question, is impresence really a requirement?
I mean, considering higher tier maps have reduced effectivity of curses on them, why not just drop the curse and replace it with something else? amulet like reduced the anger mana reservation? also the chance to igite can be delegated to jewels..

thanks

The curse only gets reduced effectiveness vs boss monsters. In red/high maps and delve it will still have it's full effect. It isn't a requirement but is recommended due to the power it provides at it's relatively low cost.

"
DamonBlack wrote:
I also have a question about this build. First I would like to say I really been enjoying it. This is my first time playing with flicker strike and it's pretty fun. But on to it...

I am having a hard time enjoying the build in Delves. Is it beneficial to swap to consecrated path or just rely on the molten strike aspect? Molten strike feels kind of bad outside of single target to use. The title says excels everywhere so I assume there must be some sort of trick to working the delves over. Damage and gear isn't really the issue if you know what I mean.

Hey Damon!

Swap the fire penetration/immolate support for an ancestral call support in molten strike. Then use molten strike for delves. I'm unsure about consecrated path, I haven't had time to try it yet.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
<3 it !
I got to lvl 89 so far.
What would you think about:
- Go more towards an Ev build and use Bronn's Lithe with flicker strike socketed in (daaaamage) or is it too much of an hp loss?
- Maybe replace boots by Three Steps Assault, (works hell fine with a Rotgut Flask)
- Also if you can manage to even out your resistances the WiseOak does a hell of a good job keeping you safe

Or am i missing something ?
"
xACID_KVLTx wrote:
<3 it !
I got to lvl 89 so far.
What would you think about:
- Go more towards an Ev build and use Bronn's Lithe with flicker strike socketed in (daaaamage) or is it too much of an hp loss?
- Maybe replace boots by Three Steps Assault, (works hell fine with a Rotgut Flask)
- Also if you can manage to even out your resistances the WiseOak does a hell of a good job keeping you safe

Or am i missing something ?

Hey thanks Acid,

For sure Bronn's lithe would be a viable alternative if you can get your hp high enough to avoid 1 shots. Or if you don't really care about leveling past 94/95 I'd say go for it. It does add quite a bit of damage to flicker (1.2x) but not much to molten (1.05x) at the cost of 600-800hp.

If you're going for an aggressive chest piece a Loreweave may beat Bronn's lithe, since even though it will provide less damage than a Bronn's, the extra damage it provides will be added to both molten strike and flicker. Max rolled +50% ele damage loreweave will give around 1.1x damage over a belly. Though you won't get that huge fatty evasion with a Loreweave so it's up to you.

Concerning three step assault boots, the main issue with it is the fact that the spell dodge from phasing bonus it gives is hard to maintain. If there is a way to have 100% uptime on phasing three step would beat Atziri's I think. For maps this is possible with flask or abyss jewels giving phasing on kill but for bosses it will be a large loss of damage mitigation, especially for uber elder.

And yeah optimally resistances are identical with wise oak.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
"
Monhsaroh wrote:

"
DamonBlack wrote:
I also have a question about this build. First I would like to say I really been enjoying it. This is my first time playing with flicker strike and it's pretty fun. But on to it...

I am having a hard time enjoying the build in Delves. Is it beneficial to swap to consecrated path or just rely on the molten strike aspect? Molten strike feels kind of bad outside of single target to use. The title says excels everywhere so I assume there must be some sort of trick to working the delves over. Damage and gear isn't really the issue if you know what I mean.

Hey Damon!

Swap the fire penetration/immolate support for an ancestral call support in molten strike. Then use molten strike for delves. I'm unsure about consecrated path, I haven't had time to try it yet.

Thanks for your reply. I had forgotten about AC. That is a good idea. I have been using immolate over fire pen and I think I goofed here. I have a 3b/3r CORRUPTED Oro I have my molten strike setup in so in my case I would have to drop ele damage or multistrike to fit in AC. I guess what I need to do is buy one just for delving, which is fine. Thanks for the idea.
had a quick question with ascendancy choice. im only using this for t10 toxic sewers and t11 ashen wood farming to get 100 quick considering I have a boss killer already im not fully interested in using this for high tier reds. that being said would it be a good choice to switch from champ to slayer for the extra leech and the dmg during leech just to speed things up considering at 93 nothing other than a oops ele reflect run this thing really doesn't die. I guess the actual question is would it be worth it in terms of clear easier or does it even matter? character is dp_time_baby and acct is set to open if you wanna see the toon and such.
thanks in advance
The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists, until the moment you do not.
Hi, I've been trying this build these last few days.
I'm using a Cospri's Will with 5 off-colours (it was sitting unsold in my stash for so long) for Flicker so I can save a few skill points and my next upgrade will be 6-linking my Oro's for MS. My question is about the MS setup: MS-Combustion-EDWA-Multistrike-ConcEff- with Immolate or FirePen? Is it just a matter of personal preference or does one of the 2 work better in a single target scenario?
Also, do you mind checking my profile (toon name: BoredFlicker)? I feel like I'm missing something, but don't really know what (not considering the low hp).
Thanks in advance and good job on the build!
Last edited by 3ntr0p14 on Nov 7, 2018, 11:18:56 AM
"
3ntr0p14 wrote:
Hi, I've been trying this build these last few days.
I'm using a Cospri's Will with 5 off-colours (it was sitting unsold in my stash for so long) for Flicker so I can save a few skill points and my next upgrade will be 6-linking my Oro's for MS. My question is about the MS setup: MS-Combustion-EDWA-Multistrike-ConcEff- with Immolate or FirePen? Is it just a matter of personal preference or does one of the 2 work better in a single target scenario?
Also, do you mind checking my profile (toon name: BoredFlicker)? I feel like I'm missing something, but don't really know what (not considering the low hp).
Thanks in advance and good job on the build!

It has been my experience that you do not want to invest in a 3b/3r Oro UNLESS you want to kill high tier boss's. (Uber Elder, Uber Atziri, 350+ delve boss's) That coloration, which immolate fits into, is not that great for Delve league. In Delves flicker strike is kind of bad even if you have 20 flares so you end up rocking molten strike.

A 4r/2b setup allows you swap fire pen (single target mode) around with ancestral call (delve mode). And fire pen works just fine for most single target encounters as opposed to using immolate and recoloring every time you want to delve - 3b/3r usually takes the crafting bench.

Alas, I am too lazy to look at your character. How she goes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info