[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

I just managed to hit 3r3b, still need to 6l it.
It clears kinda good, no big problems while clearing up to T15, still struggle sometimes on rippy T16 and with single target, which is why I still haven't tried all the Guardians and Red Elder.
Delved down to -260, where I sometimes get 1shotted.
I'll post an update when I'll have 6l MS.
do you think it would be possible to convert this build to strictly use flicker strike and kill guardians/red elder that way? without crazy gear investment of course.
besides that question, just wanna say that the build looks really good and I will probably (hopefully) try using it (or a variation of it, if possible as mentioned earlier)
"
Vozs15 wrote:
do you think it would be possible to convert this build to strictly use flicker strike and kill guardians/red elder that way? without crazy gear investment of course.
besides that question, just wanna say that the build looks really good and I will probably (hopefully) try using it (or a variation of it, if possible as mentioned earlier)

Without tons of investment... I highly doubt it. I have roughly 80 exalts tied up into my particular variation and I still find myself wanting to swap to molten strike to down tier 12+ boss's for speed purposes. But I do admit I run a headhunter on mine and that does tie up roughly half of the cost. But even with an abyss belt, as someone who has been playing this for over a week now, with ele damage and fire damage I would think that would maybe push it up to only wanting molten strike on tier 14+ boss's. And of course it would only make molten strike that much better along with flicker strike. One such belt is going to be my next purchase, just for bossing. Still have a few exalts to save up for to get a decent one.

I mean, sure, you could actually use flicker if you have some nice leech but the boss fights are going to be extended time wise by a huge amount. And it would still probably require something supplemental. If your just totally against molten strike a 6l vaal ancestral protector in the chest may help. But that would cut gearing options as it kicks Kaom's heart out of the equation.

Not to mention you throw away delving. You pretty much have to swap to and use molten strike to delve. The best way to look at this build is it's actually a molten strike boss build with flicker map clear.
Last edited by DamonBlack on Nov 7, 2018, 6:43:16 PM
"
had a quick question with ascendancy choice. im only using this for t10 toxic sewers and t11 ashen wood farming to get 100 quick considering I have a boss killer already im not fully interested in using this for high tier reds. that being said would it be a good choice to switch from champ to slayer for the extra leech and the dmg during leech just to speed things up considering at 93 nothing other than a oops ele reflect run this thing really doesn't die. I guess the actual question is would it be worth it in terms of clear easier or does it even matter? character is dp_time_baby and acct is set to open if you wanna see the toon and such.
thanks in advance

Hey sedateisland,

Going from champ to slayer ascendancy would be a dps decrease - intimidate + taunt alone is a 1.2x damage multiplier. For faster trash mob clear in easy maps swap ruthless for ancestral call in flicker strike.

Gear looks great but noticed a few things - anger watcher's eye with fire pen or % increased damage would be a big dps upgrade. You're already at leech cap with the 0.4% from the passive tree. Can also swap out the wildfire jewels since it doesn't look like you are using molten strike anymore.

GL with 100! It's an absolutely brutal grind even when done efficiently.

"
Vozs15 wrote:

Nah, DamonBlack sums it up well. Also due to the low damage scaling of flicker strike and no character control bossing with flicker is usually an exercise in frustration even when you build for it.

For a pure flicker build I think I'd look for something phys crit based as the flicker damage potential is greater too.

"
3ntr0p14 wrote:
Hi, I've been trying this build these last few days.
I'm using a Cospri's Will with 5 off-colours (it was sitting unsold in my stash for so long) for Flicker so I can save a few skill points and my next upgrade will be 6-linking my Oro's for MS. My question is about the MS setup: MS-Combustion-EDWA-Multistrike-ConcEff- with Immolate or FirePen? Is it just a matter of personal preference or does one of the 2 work better in a single target scenario?
Also, do you mind checking my profile (toon name: BoredFlicker)? I feel like I'm missing something, but don't really know what (not considering the low hp).
Thanks in advance and good job on the build!

Hey thanks 3ntr0p14!

Immolate beats fire pen by a small amount single target (about 1.05x the damage of fire pen). Fire pen is easier to color though and you can swap it with an ancestral call for delves.

Everything looks good except the low life which you already knew. If you're struggling with bosses a 5 or 6 link molten strike will also go a very long way.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Last edited by Monhsaroh on Nov 7, 2018, 7:59:27 PM
"
Monhsaroh wrote:

"
Vozs15 wrote:

Nah, DamonBlack sums it up well. Also due to the low damage scaling of flicker strike and no character control bossing with flicker is usually an exercise in frustration even when you build for it.

For a pure flicker build I think I'd look for something phys crit based as the flicker damage potential is greater too.

The only other item in the game that can reliably generate frenzy charges to use flicker strike with is Terminus Est. It generates them on crits rather than the ignites Oro's Sacrifice does. Thought I'd throw this in here as well.

But to reiterate, flicker solo is not very enjoyable to boss or delve with. I'd imagine the crit based one would also have it's own supplemental single target variations.

But I will say it's worth it to weapon swap or use a 6l chest. Flicker clears very fast.
Why do we pick up Path of the Duelist out of curiosity? Is it just to dump the remaining ascendancy points? I've never played scion before so I'm a little confused is all. Thanks for the guide btw, really in depth but clear, concise and easy to read.
"
cramco wrote:
Why do we pick up Path of the Duelist out of curiosity? Is it just to dump the remaining ascendancy points? I've never played scion before so I'm a little confused is all. Thanks for the guide btw, really in depth but clear, concise and easy to read.

The final two points which result in taking path of the duelist result in 3 skill points total. If you spend those 2 points trying to start a new tree you just get some stats + 1 skill point without getting a other benefits. By taking path of the duelist in addition to the 3 total skill points you can path from the duelist start in conjunction to the scion start. This is handy in a variety of builds.

Of course in this build we could go path of the marauder but being able to path from the marauder starting area doesn't benefit this build as much in my opinion.
"
Monhsaroh wrote:
"
had a quick question with ascendancy choice. im only using this for t10 toxic sewers and t11 ashen wood farming to get 100 quick considering I have a boss killer already im not fully interested in using this for high tier reds. that being said would it be a good choice to switch from champ to slayer for the extra leech and the dmg during leech just to speed things up considering at 93 nothing other than a oops ele reflect run this thing really doesn't die. I guess the actual question is would it be worth it in terms of clear easier or does it even matter? character is dp_time_baby and acct is set to open if you wanna see the toon and such.
thanks in advance

Hey sedateisland,

Going from champ to slayer ascendancy would be a dps decrease - intimidate + taunt alone is a 1.2x damage multiplier. For faster trash mob clear in easy maps swap ruthless for ancestral call in flicker strike.

Gear looks great but noticed a few things - anger watcher's eye with fire pen or % increased damage would be a big dps upgrade. You're already at leech cap with the 0.4% from the passive tree. Can also swap out the wildfire jewels since it doesn't look like you are using molten strike anymore.

GL with 100! It's an absolutely brutal grind even when done efficiently.

yea ive been looking at a different watchers eye tbh, that was just one that I had available at the moment, and still trying to get the might jewels for the life increase, but im not sure that upgrade would be worth the price considering that would prolly be more for the higher tier maps and such. ancestral call instead of ruthless eh? wasn't ever sure how that worked with it but will def give it a shot and see how it does. yea ive yet, in all the years, made it to 100 so this is one that's gonna test it for me lol. ive seen it can be a royal pain in the ass so at least im trying it with a toon that's faster on the clear than autobomber lol. yea the wildfire's are prolly going to go away. I was working on the 3r3b for MS like in earlier posts and its being picky so I went with kaoms till I can get it on the belly.
The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists, until the moment you do not.
Last edited by ZhardDee on Nov 7, 2018, 11:42:54 PM
"

yea ive been looking at a different watchers eye tbh, that was just one that I had available at the moment, and still trying to get the might jewels for the life increase, but im not sure that upgrade would be worth the price considering that would prolly be more for the higher tier maps and such. ancestral call instead of ruthless eh? wasn't ever sure how that worked with it but will def give it a shot and see how it does. yea ive yet, in all the years, made it to 100 so this is one that's gonna test it for me lol. ive seen it can be a royal pain in the ass so at least im trying it with a toon that's faster on the clear than autobomber lol. yea the wildfire's are prolly going to go away. I was working on the 3r3b for MS like in earlier posts and its being picky so I went with kaoms till I can get it on the belly.

I've mentioned this before in a couple of recent post but I have a big opinion on the 3r/3b link setup for molten strike. I don't want to cause too much redundancy here. So I will just say if you plan on delving at all with this build you may want to reconsider seeking this color combination.
"
DamonBlack wrote:
So I will just say if you plan on delving at all with this build you may want to reconsider seeking this color combination.

heh nah this is being built on std. i had saw that on a few posts about that problem with it and that 3r3b is only meant for the absolute late game. figured if i got it i could run some atziri sets occasionally to break the monotony of the toxic sewer running lol
The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists, until the moment you do not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info