Why does trade suck so hard?

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
Instead of complaining trading sucks maybe start using an official tool instead of the RTM cancer infested poe.trade.

The what?
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
Instead of complaining trading sucks maybe start using an official tool instead of the RTM cancer infested poe.trade.

The what?

This:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion

People should use it more. It fast in real time and got a major update yesterday.

In my opinion GGG should block all access to sites like poe.trade and allow only this for trading.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Bone2flesh wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion

People should use it more. It fast in real time and got a major update yesterday.

In my opinion GGG should block all access to sites like poe.trade and allow only this for trading.

No. "Official" trade site is little bit better now and when it comes to "bulk item exchange" it is actually better then poe.trade, altough when it comes to items trade, still not as good - poe.trade is still more intuitive and faster. So in present day I use official site to bulk exchange (way better then poe.trade) and poe.trade for any other transactions.
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
GGG just posted news about major improvements to their own Trade site.

Uhh, did you not read? I Noted that there trade website isn't much better. And depending on what I am doing... Well overall I personally like poe.trade better. Every time I tried there built in trade system. I compared how long it took in time to use it vs poe.trade. poe.trade was faster 90% of the time.

And having to leave maps to freaking trade is my major problem. So unless people can actually buy the crap on the website without having to message me. I don't see how it is going to fix my issues with the overall trade design.

So instead of complaining about me complaining... Maybe try and understand why I am complaining in the first place. As the system seems to punish you for trading. Especially when it comes to cheaper items. I think you lack the understand of what the complaint is about anyways.
Last edited by TheLockedGuy on Jul 19, 2018, 1:35:15 PM
"
TheLockedGuy wrote:
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
GGG just posted news about major improvements to their own Trade site.

Uhh, did you not read? I Noted that there trade website isn't much better. And depending on what I am doing... Well overall I personally like poe.trade better. Every time I tried there built in trade system. I compared how long it took in time to use it vs poe.trade. poe.trade was faster 90% of the time.

And having to leave maps to freaking trade is my major problem. So unless people can actually buy the crap on the website without having to message me. I don't see how it is going to fix my issues with the overall trade design.

So instead of complaining about me complaining... Maybe try and understand why I am complaining in the first place. As the system seems to punish you for trading. Especially when it comes to cheaper items. I think you lack the understand of what the complaint is about anyways.

If your major complaint is the fact you need to leave maps to trade than I don't even care to provide solutions: I simply strongly believe you should never be catered to in that regard. It's the nature of trade is this game and it's been made clear on several occasions there is no intention of automating trades.

I find trading absolutely fine the way it is and I believe the only improvements needed are to be done on that official interface GGG has. Maybe add it as an interface in game BUT I am not totally sold on that either.

The way the system works makes you take decisions and that is good for the economy. The perfect example is the cheap items:

- Early league it may be worth listing stuff worth 1-2 chaos and leave a map to do that trade.

- As the league matures you need to start making choices in terms of listings because 2 C may not be worth me dropping a portal so I simply do not flood the market with crap. I see it as the economy maturing in a way.

Now if they introduce any kind of automation than people like you would flood the market with crap that is not even worth looking trough. Eventually it will be norm and the market will be filled WITH every single item anyone finds because they have no clue if it's worth something or not. No thank you. Never!

Trade as it is right now is perfect: it makes you have to make some choices and it's a good element of the game if you enjoy it. If you don't like trading and find it a chore play SSF but don't ask for it to be modified to cater to your personal needs. Problem solved.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
@Bone
No. Trade is far from perfect. Leaving map for 1-2 c transaction is one thing, but there are other locations you can't leave. Labyrinth, for instance. Yes, there are lab speedrunners, able to do every lab in 2 minutes, but it is a top niche. Got labrunner this league, every run is lika 10-15 minutes. I'm aiming for darkshrines, so if they are on side rooms, run is longer. Yesterdays was better - 7-10 minutes, but still, it is time when you can't get out from this place. If you do few runs in a row, it is impossible to trade.

Bulk currency exchange. Why at least this is not automated? Or moved to town vendors instead. Why I can't buy silver coins or exalted orbs from vendor in town? Such thing could be solution of chaos/exalt speculation and bots cancer too. If I was able to buy exalted orb for.. lets say 100c from vendor, there will be no situation like 1 ex/170 c, what prevented me from... crafting for at least 2 weeks.

To recapitulate, trade in PoE is haevy outdated and designed to slow players down, not to force some "interactions" (In fact, there is no any interactions during the trade, just exchange and some trivial letters lika gl hf. Every bot can do that too). Current system will last until some other arpg with real trade system will show up (Wolcen? D4?). Then PoE will introduce AH very fast :)
"
@Bone
No. Trade is far from perfect. Leaving map for 1-2 c transaction is one thing, but there are other locations you can't leave. Labyrinth, for instance. Yes, there are lab speedrunners, able to do every lab in 2 minutes, but it is a top niche. Got labrunner this league, every run is lika 10-15 minutes. I'm aiming for darkshrines, so if they are on side rooms, run is longer. Yesterdays was better - 7-10 minutes, but still, it is time when you can't get out from this place. If you do few runs in a row, it is impossible to trade.

Bulk currency exchange. Why at least this is not automated? Or moved to town vendors instead. Why I can't buy silver coins or exalted orbs from vendor in town? Such thing could be solution of chaos/exalt speculation and bots cancer too. If I was able to buy exalted orb for.. lets say 100c from vendor, there will be no situation like 1 ex/170 c, what prevented me from... crafting for at least 2 weeks.

To recapitulate, trade in PoE is haevy outdated and designed to slow players down, not to force some "interactions" (In fact, there is no any interactions during the trade, just exchange and some trivial letters lika gl hf. Every bot can do that too). Current system will last until some other arpg with real trade system will show up (Wolcen? D4?). Then PoE will introduce AH very fast :)

Trade is not perfect because nothing in this world is. However it is just fine and suitable for POE as it is. There have been MAJOR improvements over the years and the demand for a more complex system has been addressed clearly in the Trade Manifesto. People simply refuse to get it trough their thick skulls and understand the reasoning behind the decision.

If you choose to be a lab runner that is personal choice and you should learn to live with the downside of trading less. In essence you get a loot explosion at the end so simply list valuable items only and ask the person to wait until after.

Why would you be able to buy high usage orbs from vendors? To make them trivial? No thank you. The way it is not with no exalted recipe (yeah screw the shaped items one) there is always a cap on how many there are on the market buy how many drop in game. There is not cap on chaos so allowing that would overflow the market with exalted. people would end up like many other currencies selling the for less than the vendor. You will get nowhere.

If the 170c/ex prevented you from crafting you simply did not have the necessary resources to craft so you just should not do it. If you want to do it than be smart and use what you have: a clearly inflated chaos price that can be easily taken advantage off. that is why I tripled my exalted numbers.

It's nothing compared to some people but still more than enough for me:

Current system will last until another ARPG introduces revolutionary game mechanics and the same dark style POE has. Considering how D3 is D4 will fail to do that at least in looks and feel of the game. Also you really think Blizzard will put in an AH after the D3 AH success. Those people are business men. They learn from mistakes even if the stupid sheep players refuse too.

Wolcen while it looks nice and interesting it's on early alpha access for ages now. I have little hope for it and they are just milking people for money. It will stay in that state for years. The dam game is not even close to done and you dream of an AH and fancy trading system. Really?

The reality is that an ARPG simply does not need a complex trading system to be successful. that is the last place the focus should be to make it succeed. The example is in front of you: POE. I don't see many players quitting the game because of the "difficult" trading. I only see some vocal minority restarting the same tread over and over again.

If you think the forum users are an indication of what the actual player base wants you are sorely mistaken. This is a minority and even in this small sample most people disagree with an AH idea. Mostly because with some insight and knowledge you can realise it would destroy the item market.
So much text just to defend poor, clunky and outdated trade system, criticized by almost everyone. But I will not argue. Just one thought. If incursion comes to core game, then GGG will have to do something with Alva. Give her some option to be actually helpful in other way then only "dummy, who will open temple portals". My bet is she will be ex/chaos exchanger, on 1/100 rate. Really good solution to get rid of bots too. In such case will be very funny to see you, glorifying such new future as "another GGG's genial move".

Although, personally, I think that apart from all this whiteknighting sometimes you are also right. Like with ele hit archer. After agonizing dilemmas decided to make one too. Really powerful char, with properly corrupted Kaom destroys everything even without +34 corrupted frostferno :)
"
So much text just to defend poor, clunky and outdated trade system, criticized by almost everyone. But I will not argue. Just one thought. If incursion comes to core game, then GGG will have to do something with Alva. Give her some option to be actually helpful in other way then only "dummy, who will open temple portals". My bet is she will be ex/chaos exchanger, on 1/100 rate. Really good solution to get rid of bots too. In such case will be very funny to see you, glorifying such new future as "another GGG's genial move".

Although, personally, I think that apart from all this whiteknighting sometimes you are also right. Like with ele hit archer. After agonizing dilemmas decided to make one too. Really powerful char, with properly corrupted Kaom destroys everything even without +34 corrupted frostferno :)

I would really not think a few forum users can be categorized as "everyone". And for each person criticizing you have one like me defending. So we are at a stale mate.

If incursion does come to core as it is (I really hope so) Alva can simply become a vendor like Navali is. Navali also has more or less one function, well two now with the divination trading. So Alva could just get all the other vendors existing currency conversions.

If you think about it giving a fixed 100C to 1 ex ratio to a vendor would be beneficial for bots. They will not have to expose themselves to any other player. they could farm in silence chaos sets, trade in secret in their hideout and buy exalts to sell on RTM sites. Because of that I really really doubt it will ever happen.

I never stated the trade system is a genius system. It just is what it is and that is more than enough anyone needs to play the game to it's fullest. Hell some people don't use it at all and do just fine: SSF.

Glad you like the build. I am using QOTF because I like the speed. Does cause me to die like a motherfucker all the time: at over 700 deaths now. But I am 94 and that's more than enough. Sadly I could still use the points but I cannot deal with only doing easy stuff to level. I like to bash some hard rolled guardians, Shaper and Uber Elders. Anyway enjoy it how it lasts because there is no chance in hell they will allow it to be like this come next major league.
Like many have said before: bring the current trade website into game. Just need an ingame frame that loads the website.

This in itself would be so much more convenient. When I travel for work and play on a laptop alt tabbing sucks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info