Why does trade suck so hard?

I find anything GGG super hard to believe.

Quote from GGG when introducing it to new players
"
GGG wrote:
Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. It is designed around a strong online item economy, deep character customisation, competitive PvP and ladder races.

First off the only remotely true thing is character customization. The rest is strait up lies. And even though the customization is there it is limited.

So onto GGG first point. TRADE. I have never disliked a trade system more than this one. In any game I have ever played. It is almost like the system is trying to punish me for trading.

First off for a very long time the only real way to trade was through a 3rd party website. Not only was it hard to set up. But it was painful. You had to jump through hoops just to get the tag to say you were online.

Fast forward a few years to now. And that is about all they have fixed. They made there own website. And made it so you didn't have to link stuff for sell in an internet browser. The rest of the major problems are still there.

I don't play this game often. I didn't even play the last 2 leagues. When I do play. It is always my own build. No guides. I hate crafting. I 100% avoid it all cost. It isn't fun to roll for ever because of the 1 billion different rand crap your likely to get. So that means buying lots of uniques. Which requires trading. Which is just another shit thing I hate in this game.

So for example: Just the other day had a guy ask to buy an item. I send an invite. joins my party than leaves right after I leave my map. I sort some stuff go back in. The same persons asks to buy the same item again. I leave the map again. send a trade request as he runs around my base. It times out. I send another. It times out again. I leave the party go back to my map. He than sends me a ?. I ignore it. He than starts spamming me to buy the item. I put him on ignore.

When the league started. I wanted to by a ring. Most rings being listed at the start of the league for 2 chaos because of Loreweave. I spent two hours spamming different people to buy it for 2 chaos as they had it listed. I got 0 to respond.

So I gave up. I tried again, and again for like 4 days. No ring yet. So I turn off the buyout. And started asking people who have no price set. And I offered 5 chaos. No responses after 10 mins of trying. So I do a few maps. Refresh the page and ask again.

Than finally 1 guy responds. Not to sell me the ring. But to yell at me. Tells me I am a scam. And that I am broke. Starts linking me Items that he claims are worth 50 exalted orbs. I keep responding saying all you had to do was say no or ignore me. He than starts demanding I link him my most expensive Item. Claims I can't afford a 6 link. Finally I just report, and click to ignore him for forever.

1 and a half weeks later I finally got the ring for 1 chaos. Like holly fucking hell.

Knowing how hard it is to buy cheap items. I try hard to leave my maps, and sell them. Hell I even had a guy offer 5c for an item I didn't put a price on yet. I gave it to him for free. As it was only worth an alc. Clearly I'm not the only one with this shit problem.

It is a headache. Constantly wasting portals just to trade. And the game only allows 6 fucking portals. Hell I don't even think it is worth leaving a map for less than 15c item. But I still do it.

However; this has come back to bite me in the butt. I can't tell you just how frustrating it is. So I never even attempted Eldar before. I don't even think he was a thing when I was playing before. So yesterday. I attempted him on a Tier:11 map. My first go at him ever. I left the map 3 times to sell items. I got to elder and died. Mainly because I don't know the fight. So one portal left I go back in and kill him. But died to him dying. Like WTF. I guess I have to stand on zuna. I guess that's what I get for trading shit not really worth the time and effort to trade in the first place.

A watcher's eye dropped. Who knows if it was a 50 ex worth one or not. I just hit Alt+F4 out of the game, and haven't logged back in sense.

Why the hell does trading require me to leave a map? To waste a portal? The game was designed to do this? I mean they say the game was designed around a "strong online item economy" before they say anything else. We had to use a third party website for years. And there improvements to it have been lack luster to say the least. And I still prefer the Third party one over GGG's website.

I am really starting to hate the current portal system. Not that I liked it before. But I definitely dislike it the more, and more as I play. I hate absolutely hate the death penalties. If I wanted that shit I would play hardcore.

I only play the game because of being able to create custom characters. But even that isn't that fun. As Defensive choices are just absolutely suck tactical. Like really. This league I completely ignore them. I have 2.6k hp. -60 chaos resistances. I capped my elemental resistances. But Have no armor, no evasion, and no energy shield. Yet I have killed elder. Done 2 of the T16 maps. Cleared a T15 temple easily. "Deep character customization"? My ass. It's go gun hoe on the DPS or go home. Nothing else matter in character customization. I had to learn that the hard way.

And the PVP is a god dam joke. It's who gets the first hit in wins. Yay so good. God I wish there was a better game out there.
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2018, 1:58:59 AM
You killing elder and have 0 challenges.. yeah nice troll dude... and you said "when the league started" so you clearly playing the league... yeah.. nope. Gotta try harder
I loled pretty hard when I read Competitive PvP. PvP is like a very small group of people that are competitive but thats about it. There shouldnt even be PVP in this game, there is no balance around it and hardly any time has been put into it. I think GGG try's to do too much and they simply cant fit it all in.
Evading a ban or probation by using a second account will get you in a load of trouble.

Just sayin'.
"
arknath wrote:
You killing elder and have 0 challenges.. yeah nice troll dude... and you said "when the league started" so you clearly playing the league... yeah.. nope. Gotta try harder

I don't play on this account bro. I use steam and I can't log in through stream while at work. It is blocked by my works network. So this is my forum account. Not that you would believe anything I say anyways.
Last edited by TheLockedGuy on Jul 5, 2018, 3:35:52 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Evading a ban or probation by using a second account will get you in a load of trouble.

Just sayin'.

Ehh, what the hell are you saying? I'm not avoiding anything. Hell if you wan't prof I'll make videos for you. I'll even share the account I play on. Not that it will prove anything. Like you guys are completely ignoring the topic, and bashing my account for no reason. You must be like the jerk who went on claiming I was a scam in game. You know for offering 5 Chaos for a 2 chaos item. Or did you not actually read anything I said.
Last edited by TheLockedGuy on Jul 2, 2018, 11:55:48 PM
If you want people to take you seriously you actually legit have to post on your account other than that well we my as well be talking to a bucket.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 2, 2018, 11:57:02 PM
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:
I loled pretty hard when I read Competitive PvP. PvP is like a very small group of people that are competitive but thats about it. There shouldnt even be PVP in this game, there is no balance around it and hardly any time has been put into it. I think GGG try's to do too much and they simply cant fit it all in.

My thoughts exactly. I don't think it should be in the game description on there home page like it is. But it is. PVP is a joke. I thought about doing it just to lvl the master. That was a bad idea.

And; if the game is designed around trade like they claim. Than why is it so punishing to actually trade with people? The game description doesn't fit the game. Not to me anyways.

Last edited by TheLockedGuy on Jul 2, 2018, 11:59:21 PM
"
If you want people to take you seriously you actually legit have to post on your account other than that well we my as well be talking to a bucket.

lol what. Why does my account have anything to do with you taking me seriously. To be honest I could care less about people who focus on such stupid things. And like I said if you want the actual account just ask. I'll even give you a past bin of my current char.

You telling me to do something unrelated to the topic is funny to say the least. Just message me and I'll send you the details. Otherwise try and stay on topic. You can ignore the thread if you don't believe me. Or actually ask. Clearly this account has 0 characters on it. And clearly I knew that before making this post. And clearly I am willing to admit it. How the hell does that discredit the topic entirely.

I think if you want people to take you seriously. You and few others here. Than you shouldn't just judge off what an account has accomplished. Sounds like a shit way to judge people to me.
See a bucket.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info