[3.14]Fire&Flamethrower Traps Saboteur/Strongest Combo in the Game/League starter+Boss farmer

"
Carlovski wrote:
"
"
suirotaro wrote:
Damn seems good build and i'd like to play it but looks so squishy :( is there any tanky version of it that still does decent dps ?

By the way on video guide where you explain bow options you making mistake, because u use flamethrower in weapon but u forget to disable buffs that are in wands, if you dont disable them POB still count that for dps even if u actually using bow+kaom. Also bow and kaom seems super starved in gem slots because u lose most of the buff options, and it seems that buffs are the main thing that gives that big burst dmg. This comment is for 3.12 video.

In any case i tweaked it a little bit and i'll give it a go as 3.13 starter

You defintely want those buffs/auras so probaby need to get rid of some QoL gems.There are obviously different ways to play a build so if you know what you are doing,feel free to change some items/gems whatever you can think of as long as you understand a build's mechanic :)

Can use one or two unset rings for some of the utility/buffs, but would need to run them unlinked. Also could get Anger/Zealotry on gear, though then can't support with enlighten - would need helm enchant.
Could also try and get an ornate quiver for another socket, but that really doesn't seem worth the investment!
A 'temple' chest with a high life roll and % life, even just 4 socketed will be a decent compromise. That's probably what I will start with.


Good luck :)
Hello, checked out the build and it seems awesome. I am just wondering about the passive tree. From the beginning you took early intel and I was just wondering why not go into the extra 10% trap damage. I only have 91 hours in and I am still learning, so I was just curious.
Thanks for updating the guide. I also wanna ask, is the Scion still worth it? can we get an update on her pob if its still usable?
"
XxPristellaxX wrote:
Hello, checked out the build and it seems awesome. I am just wondering about the passive tree. From the beginning you took early intel and I was just wondering why not go into the extra 10% trap damage. I only have 91 hours in and I am still learning, so I was just curious.


Not OP, but 10% increased damage is hardly anything once you are at end game (It's 10% on top of hundreds of % increased you already have), saving skill points so you can get something more impactful like crit multiplier is better. At the start it's more valuable though so you take them while levelling. I will be levelling early with stormblast mines + orb of storms and then lightning trap so I'll take the elemental nodes rather than trap ones, but it's basically the same. If you start levelling with explosive trap the trap nodes are better as it is 50% physical.

I noticed in the path of building your chaos resistance was -35 is that okay for the game? I have reset my tree and am following your build now. Loved the guide very much.
Last edited by Desarix on Jan 15, 2021, 8:58:36 AM
So 2nd day of the Ritual league is here, I'm playing this build and its going great.Thank you, you can see my character its Wolfye_Flamy_Trap
"
Wolfye01 wrote:
So 2nd day of the Ritual league is here, I'm playing this build and its going great.Thank you, you can see my character its Wolfye_Flamy_Trap


damn nice helmet. how much was it? i only saw +1 flamethrower flame early yesterday from 10-30c meh bases.

build is good but damn i die so much, uber lab helps a lot i think. only 4.6k atm, need better gear like carcass.

was considering crafting bow+kaom but i think you lose too much damage/qol and its not really worth it
Last edited by austeemo on Jan 17, 2021, 2:06:28 PM
Hi!

Currently trying to decide between chain reaction and explosives expert. Most of people on poe.ninja playing explosive trap are picking explosives expert, it seems like a huge boost to damage, while chain reaction gives aoe (which we can get from like carcass jack), recovery for traps (isn't it just for throwing traps tho? Like it reduces our throw animation by 50%, or am I reading it wrong?) and nearby traps trigger thing. Is QoL of this node that huge to outweight massive dps boost from explosives expert? Anyone has tried running this build w/o chain reaction? About triggering all traps at once, I guess they should trigger anyway, since we always throw them @ enemies?

Yes, I've read ascendancy choices part, but wanted to ask if someone has tried other options already.

Cheers!

@EDIT
Nvm, I took chain reaction to test it out if something feels different with or without it, and it also reduces cooldown of charges for FT trap. I guess it could be stated more clearly in description of note.
Last edited by _Nektre_ on Jan 17, 2021, 3:48:55 PM
"
austeemo wrote:
"
Wolfye01 wrote:
So 2nd day of the Ritual league is here, I'm playing this build and its going great.Thank you, you can see my character its Wolfye_Flamy_Trap


damn nice helmet. how much was it? i only saw +1 flamethrower flame early yesterday from 10-30c meh bases.

build is good but damn i die so much, uber lab helps a lot i think. only 4.6k atm, need better gear like carcass.

was considering crafting bow+kaom but i think you lose too much damage/qol and its not really worth it

Ha, I almost bought that Starkonja too, but decided to wait for non unique one to come on the market.

I've gone bow option. Problem is you lack a bit of crit and it doesn't do much for fire trap. With a Good bow it should be the highest damage option for flamethrower trap. And you can go middle ground and use a rare chest, maybe with flat % crit to spells.
My current problem is that bow only really makes sense with +2 support craft and a decent empower, neither of which I have!

"
_Nektre_ wrote:
Hi!

Currently trying to decide between chain reaction and explosives expert. Most of people on poe.ninja playing explosive trap are picking explosives expert, it seems like a huge boost to damage, while chain reaction gives aoe (which we can get from like carcass jack), recovery for traps (isn't it just for throwing traps tho? Like it reduces our throw animation by 50%, or am I reading it wrong?) and nearby traps trigger thing. Is QoL of this node that huge to outweight massive dps boost from explosives expert? Anyone has tried running this build w/o chain reaction? About triggering all traps at once, I guess they should trigger anyway, since we always throw them @ enemies?

Yes, I've read ascendancy choices part, but wanted to ask if someone has tried other options already.

Cheers!

@EDIT
Nvm, I took chain reaction to test it out if something feels different with or without it, and it also reduces cooldown of charges for FT trap. I guess it could be stated more clearly in description of note.


Issue is neither Perfect Crime, or chain reaction are actually that goodreally.
Cooldown and aoe does help, but that's pretty lackluster for a 4 point ascendancy.
What might be worth exploring is going Explosives Expert, and using advanced traps support. Explosives expert offsets some of the DPS loss, and you end up with more cooldown recovery and trap duration. Would need pretty good gear though.
I'm using it at the moment, though mostly as I have an extra green socket.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info