[3.15]Fire&Flamethrower Traps Saboteur/Strongest Combo in the Game/League starter+Boss farmer

"
austeemo wrote:
"
Wolfye01 wrote:
So 2nd day of the Ritual league is here, I'm playing this build and its going great.Thank you, you can see my character its Wolfye_Flamy_Trap

damn nice helmet. how much was it? i only saw +1 flamethrower flame early yesterday from 10-30c meh bases.

build is good but damn i die so much, uber lab helps a lot i think. only 4.6k atm, need better gear like carcass.

was considering crafting bow+kaom but i think you lose too much damage/qol and its not really worth it

It was around 20c,got really lucky to have gotten it, but yea i also have a problem with constant deaths.
The delayed nature of the trap hits, coupled with the fact my damage wasn't high enough to insta kill everything made some of the content, especially rituals quite dangerous.
So I've 'Parked' the character for now and re-rolled.
Will come back to him once I've got a bit more currency, and things I need (Alt quality gems, helm enchants, slavedrivers and craft unlocks) are available/more affordable.

For thing that give you time to setup and aren't very mobile it's great - Conquerors just melt (Hunter can be a problem if you don't kill him before he starts moving though). So it may well turn into my boss killer.

Gear at the point I parked the character

Btw why fire trap instead of explosive trap?
"
_Nektre_ wrote:

So you apply burning to increase the damage of flamethrower trap
"
Wolfye01 wrote:
"
_Nektre_ wrote:

Well explosive trap would ignite fairly reliably too, but for explosive trap to be good you really need to convert more of the damage to fire, and it really benefits from helm enchant and gem levels. Without investment, fire trap is better.
If you switch the roles - mainly do damage with explosive trap with flamethrower support, thats a good build too. Just different.

"
Carlovski wrote:
"
Wolfye01 wrote:
"
_Nektre_ wrote:

Well explosive trap would ignite fairly reliably too, but for explosive trap to be good you really need to convert more of the damage to fire, and it really benefits from helm enchant and gem levels. Without investment, fire trap is better.
If you switch the roles - mainly do damage with explosive trap with flamethrower support, thats a good build too. Just different.

What about switching roles of fire trap and flamethrower, since if we want to go explosive expert we need to invest in support like advanced traps, or we take meh node for CDR in asc and we miss on massive dps boost from explosives expert? Wouldn't fire trap connect those 2 worlds? Getting boost from explosives expert, freeing support gem slot from advanced traps into something better for damage, also it has no cd? FT trap also has this like "ramp up" animation, waiting for flames to appear, while fire trap just explodes leaving fire ground?
"
_Nektre_ wrote:

What about switching roles of fire trap and flamethrower, since if we want to go explosive expert we need to invest in support like advanced traps, or we take meh node for CDR in asc and we miss on massive dps boost from explosives expert? Wouldn't fire trap connect those 2 worlds? Getting boost from explosives expert, freeing support gem slot from advanced traps into something better for damage, also it has no cd? FT trap also has this like "ramp up" animation, waiting for flames to appear, while fire trap just explodes leaving fire ground?

Well you can - you will probably want to try and get as much flat damage to spells as you can as fire trap has good damage effectiveness. But again, at that point it's effectively a different build. And to be honest explosive trap probably does a better job.
"
Carlovski wrote:
The delayed nature of the trap hits, coupled with the fact my damage wasn't high enough to insta kill everything made some of the content, especially rituals quite dangerous.
So I've 'Parked' the character for now and re-rolled.
Will come back to him once I've got a bit more currency, and things I need (Alt quality gems, helm enchants, slavedrivers and craft unlocks) are available/more affordable.

For thing that give you time to setup and aren't very mobile it's great - Conquerors just melt (Hunter can be a problem if you don't kill him before he starts moving though). So it may well turn into my boss killer.

Gear at the point I parked the character

i agree it is really annoying to fight vs mobile bosses but at least my character is way tankier now that ive adapted to the playstyle / got 5k+ hp now

going to grab slavedrivers / voids soon for some qol/dmg

seems void battery only worth if u got a ton of crit multi from jewels (high lvl or losing defense)
Last edited by austeemo on Jan 19, 2021, 1:09:53 AM
Got fairly lucky with first essence hit on enchanted helm

Int is a bit wasted though as we have plenty already.

Anomalous flamethrower is still quite expensive, but you can get a 21/23 normal one very cheap. I'm considering doing that and keeping advanced traps, at least for clear. Id need to get a white socket ideally for swap, would probably want to swap for fire pen vs bosses. It's basically only having a 5l damage wise, but damage should still be good enough and lots of QoL.

Still undecided on chest - a crit chest would make crits a lot more consistent. Another 6l too, so could move fire trap, or have some kind of utility setup in there. Lose a lot of life vs Kaoms though.

Oh and finally got last trial (On my other character). Not done lab yet though.
Crafting that helm started a debate in my guild though, does increasing the flame count actually increase DPS? I assumed it did. Guild wasn't so sure!
Do we have a definitive answer?
If it does scale like that, it does become the most effective enchant in the game!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info