[3.15]Fire&Flamethrower Traps Saboteur/Strongest Combo in the Game/League starter+Boss farmer

why you dont use void battery with scion ?
In 3.16, this build is buffed right ? :D

It wasn't using EO or EE, and fire trap was buffed.
Last edited by Mousc4 on Oct 17, 2021, 9:53:24 AM
Looking forward to the POB update!
I'm really keen to revisit this build. I saw a gem buff for flame trap.
I've been tinkering with a build for this for 3.16

Seems like with the new tree, going all the way to templar and getting the nodes for potency of will and the other power charge nodes is just way too wasteful. Seems best to drop power charges altogether and drop void batteries. There's so much more defense stuff on the right side that you really gotta get now.

Here's a tree I made for level 91 with all rares and not that much currency spent, maybe like 5 exalt?

https://pastebin.com/BurdGdx1

Damage seems alright, defenses seem alright. It's no seismic trapper but it isn't awful either.
For luxury you can do cinderswallow, watcher's eye, slavedriver's hand (sorta necessary for the build but it's literally going to be 10 ex because of seismic trappers on league start and probably for a while), curse on hit ring, 6L carcass jack, GG weapons, horror helm with -9% enemy res, GG jewels, idk what else
I like your POB. I was playing around with the tree and hadn't hit anything that gave enough defence.

I'm new to theory crafting - what does "unlucky" mean on Vaal Grace. I was looking at it yesterday and thought it could fit the build but wasn't sure exactly how it worked.

"
Madmallard wrote:
For luxury you can do cinderswallow, watcher's eye, slavedriver's hand (sorta necessary for the build but it's literally going to be 10 ex because of seismic trappers on league start and probably for a while), curse on hit ring, 6L carcass jack, GG weapons, horror helm with -9% enemy res, GG jewels, idk what else

What about a Tinkerskin for life recovery?

If moving away from void batteries, a sceptre and shield could be viable. Daresso's courage and a sceptre with spell damage, +1 fire skill gems, critical strike chance and cast speed would work with slavedrivers. Maybe annoint avatar of fire for physical damage on sceptre conversion.

Edit: can't annoint avatar of fire - rethinking the sceptre - maybe replace with dagger/wand
Last edited by Vickereine on Oct 22, 2021, 2:22:06 AM
Yeah there's multiple options. Tinkerskin is fine too. A lot of this stuff I think he covered on his original build on page 1.

Just you don't need charged traps support now in the helmet or void battery. You can replace charged traps support with trap and mine damage and it's just way better.
Totally skipped 3.15 so missed out on all of the traps that got buffed. Well this time for 3.16 I will give Fire Trap a go especially with the big damage buff it got. I do wonder how strong or competitive it'll be compared to all the other traps, going from 1833.6 to 2934.9 base damage at level 20 is massive.
Last edited by reciprocate on Oct 22, 2021, 4:40:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info