[3.5] Leidenfrost Lead Lady. CI Brutus Lead Sprinkler. 10k ES, 4.7Mil Shaper DPS. 2.1k Strength

Nice build, might build this over the weekend.

About the recent discussion about the ES on hit Watcher's Eye. It is pretty great for the very low price of 60c. I used it with my last MS build. But I would still go with mana to ES. ES on hit Watchers Eye gives 1320 life per second of constant attacking. That is absolutely best case aka totally unrealistic: 11 balls, 4 attacks per second, 30 ES per hit, every single ball hits.

The mana as extra ES gives around 2000 ES. And as we are always leeching at leech cap, that also increases our leech per second by 400.

So 1320 per second from the ES on hit WE is totally unrealistic, I would say it is more around 800-900 realistically. That means that the ES recovery is 400-500 ES per second better. Which in my opinion clearly loses out against 2000 more ES.

But as I said, for the low price it is still very, very good if you want more survivability.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jul 11, 2018, 3:44:40 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:

About the recent discussion about the ES on hit Watcher's Eye. It is pretty great for the very low price of 60c. I used it with my last MS build. But I would still go with mana to ES. ES on hit Watchers Eye gives 1320 life per second of constant attacking. That is absolutely best case aka totally unrealistic: 11 balls, 4 attacks per second, 30 ES per hit, every single ball hits.

The mana as extra ES gives around 2000 ES. And as we are always leeching at leech cap, that also increases our leech per second by 400.

So 1320 per second from the ES on hit WE is totally unrealistic, I would say it is more around 800-900 realistically. That means that the ES recovery is 400-500 ES per second better. Which in my opinion clearly loses out against 2000 more ES.

But as I said, for the low price it is still very, very good if you want more survivability.

I appreciate you doing math, this is the kind of thing I tend to do when deciding what to run.

I really always had my pantheon bonus activated so clarity watchers gave +2000 ES and +600 ES per second to leech rate

I had 7.69 attacks per second fully buffed. I'll remove ancestral protector as that isn't up all the time but frenzy and onslaught is reliable so 6.41 attacks per second
6.41 x 14 x 0.47 = 42 Hits per second x 30 ES on hit = 1,260 ES per second
Add in dying sun and helm enchant for
6.41 x 24 x 0.47 = 72 Hits per second x 30 ES on hit = 2,160 ES per second

Ancestral call does require good positioning to reliably keep that hit rate around 47% so without extra projectiles I would say 800-900 is a reasonable estimate on a moving single target. On the other hand during clearing you generate 2 ghosts for an extra set of projectiles and each ball has more potential targets and so greater chance to hit. Same with twinned bosses, two targets, potential second ghost and more chance to hit.

I lean towards clarity watchers because I fear getting one shot more then crowds but the argument for ES on hit appears compelling
Hi WaffleT,

Thanks for the build. You did a great job min maxing every single node. I have been trying to improve the build but I just can't! I have enjoyed playing for sure.

The only suggestion I have is that +aoe or +duration gems corruption on gloves can give discipline extra levels which is very nice to have:

Managed to get this nutty watcher's eye in HC incursion:

Last edited by mav3j on Jul 11, 2018, 7:38:14 PM
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

I appreciate you doing math, this is the kind of thing I tend to do when deciding what to run.

I really always had my pantheon bonus activated so clarity watchers gave +2000 ES and +600 ES per second to leech rate

I had 7.69 attacks per second fully buffed. I'll remove ancestral protector as that isn't up all the time but frenzy and onslaught is reliable so 6.41 attacks per second
6.41 x 14 x 0.47 = 42 Hits per second x 30 ES on hit = 1,260 ES per second
Add in dying sun and helm enchant for
6.41 x 24 x 0.47 = 72 Hits per second x 30 ES on hit = 2,160 ES per second

Ancestral call does require good positioning to reliably keep that hit rate around 47% so without extra projectiles I would say 800-900 is a reasonable estimate on a moving single target. On the other hand during clearing you generate 2 ghosts for an extra set of projectiles and each ball has more potential targets and so greater chance to hit. Same with twinned bosses, two targets, potential second ghost and more chance to hit.

I lean towards clarity watchers because I fear getting one shot more then crowds but the argument for ES on hit appears compelling

Well, the easiest way to decide what Watchers Eye to use would be looking at the recent deaths for each individual player. If they were one shots, clarity mana to ES. If they were a series of smaller hits, ES gained on hit.

And yea, I ignored Ancestral Call in my comment. Not everybody uses it against bosses and even less of the total balls will actually hit. But yea, if you manage to consistently spawn the AC clones against a boss, it can become pretty absurd.

Also have a question about the shield. You say an Elder Archon Kite shield would be BiS because it can roll QoL stuff. Archon Kite makes sense, 12% all res implicit is pretty nice and it can naturally roll Str and high ES. But why Elder? Would Shaped not have more QoL stuff?

Here is the link to save you some time: http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Shield&an=int_armour,focus

We have around 40% chance to block, making for example the "#% of Block Chance applied to Spells" pretty crazy. Also can roll 1% to all max res as a prefix or "Recover #% of Energy Shield when you Block" as a suffix.

Of course I know first priority is str and good resists, but at least the spell block should not be undervalued. Just interested which elder mods you value so highly. Maybe I am missing something.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jul 12, 2018, 1:14:09 AM
Loving the build, props for pulling it all together and the clear build guide.

Will look to push this thing all the way to 100 and would love to know what your min/max final tree would like look. Hint hint :-)
Last edited by Axion on Jul 12, 2018, 3:44:07 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:

Also have a question about the shield. You say an Elder Archon Kite shield would be BiS because it can roll QoL stuff. Archon Kite makes sense, 12% all res implicit is pretty nice and it can naturally roll Str and high ES. But why Elder? Would Shaped not have more QoL stuff?

These are the main stats I would be happy to see

- 1% increased Damage per 1% Block Chance (Elder)
- 5% additional Physical Damage Reduction (Elder)
- 50% of Block Chance applied to Spells (Shaper)
- 1% to all maximum Resistances (Shaper)

Shaper does have more random conditional stuff that is good but unreliable, overall i'd say they are pretty even. I slight leaned Elder because its best result (block chance = damage) is always active and can't fail. I would value smaller amounts of block more if rapid spells were the danger but again I tend to be worried about taking 1 or 2 big blows that block is probably not going to prevent.

"
Axion wrote:
Loving the build, props for pulling it all together and the clear build guide.

Will look to push this thing all the way to 100 and would love to know what your min/max final tree would like look. Hint hint :-)

I'm glad you are having fun. After 92 it depends what kind of content you are running and if you want more defense, offense or speed.

Defense = Written in Blood (2 Points) or Primal Spirit (2 Points)
Damage = Force of Nature (3 Points) or Attack speed + Proj damage ranger node (1 Point)
Speed = Berserking (3 points) or scion jewel socket through attack speed (4 Points)

These all have roughly equal value and an argument to be made for them
Hi, i finally worked my way around the build and i'm having a lot of fun with it now, turns out ES on hit watcher's and 6 link make a considerable difference.

Are there any 'major' improvements i should make to my gear?
Last edited by Karriane on Jul 13, 2018, 12:19:10 AM
"
Karriane wrote:
Hi, i finally worked my way around the build and i'm having a lot of fun with it now, turns out ES on hit watcher's and 6 link make a considerable difference.

Are there any 'major' improvements i should make to my gear?

"4-6%Increased Strength" corruptions on your Rings, Astramentus & Cyclopean Coil tends to be the biggest overall boost IMO since it buffs pretty much everything. Ideally you'd want it on near perfect roll items, but you can afford to take a little bit of a hit to their base rolls in most cases.

As for me, I'm still on a 5L, but have a +29 ES on Hit Watchers Eye and have been able to take down Shaper already @ Lvl 89 with 9899 ES. I do have a Dying Sun Flask, Near-Perfect roll Wise Oak & Perfect Elemental roll Atziri's Promise so it's not like I was too under geared for it.

One thing that I discovered helps with mapping speed is to run a Unique Rotgut Quicksilver flask, since the build has very efficient means of Frenzy Generation between it's ascendancy and Blood Rage combined with the fact that it tends to Crit quite frequently through it's shear number of Hits Per Second it's effectively a double speed, double duration Quicksilver flask that boost your attack speed AND is almost instantly recharged for another go.

Really loving the build so far, It's so nice to have a build that gives you such a huge health pool with generally minimal investment. Probably only spent 6Ex so far and that's including the 2.5 on my Dying Sun, which for the level of protection and damage output that this setup gives you is a amazing bargain.
Last edited by Timboman on Jul 13, 2018, 5:26:13 PM
is Elemental Overload really worth the points?
with under 8% crit its not active very often and most of the times its active when we don't need it (trash) - so i'm thinking to spend the points elsewhere
"
BeRse wrote:
is Elemental Overload really worth the points?
with under 8% crit its not active very often and most of the times its active when we don't need it (trash) - so i'm thinking to spend the points elsewhere

Fair question. The 40 Int and 30 Strength is solid and worth about 3 points so really you only spend about 3 points to actually get the keystone. If the buff is active half the time then its totally worth it. If its active 1/3rd or less of the time then its probably not worth. Getting additional projectiles help trigger it faster and the longer a fight the more likely you will be able to keep it up. I found it was active enough that I didn't feel the need to look into ways to trigger it more often

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info