Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

"
Korize wrote:
"
srt4eblue wrote:
Would anyone be able to look at my character and advise me on what upgrades to work on? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/srt4eblue/characters

I have the lore weave in my bank, just trying to get socket colors and then link it. Wondering if I should just stop on the lore weave and buy a shimmerons. I have rough 8ex if I sell the lore weave. Even using a tabula still, my survivability is pretty good, just my offensive damage has been suffering a little in t8+

You got some Really nice boots. So thats good.

Weapon wise you can try getting something along the lines of
, thats what im using as my offhand untill I can get a second shimmy. It only cost me 10c aswell and it has nuts dps for our build.

You should try to get more resistances on that second ring of yours, especially if youre running essence worm. You will need as much as possible on the second one then.

Because your gloves need work. If you focus on getting gloves with supported by lv.18+ trap so you get the additional trap thrown, thats going to add another almost 25% dmg to your traps just flat out.

But those gloves are really expensive atm so if you want to get those you need better resistances in other places.

You could work on getting the ring and another helmet for good resistances.

Wands/scepter/dagger with %lightning dmg at around 75+ with a open prefix so you can add more flat lightning dmg.

Also you need to think of the future a bit, do you plan on using 2 shimmerons or one + shield? Cause if youre planning on 2 you need to get even more resistances in other places since your shield has some.

Like if youre struggeling with actually killing things atm. I'd suggest trying to get those yellow wands, Or if you really want to you can get either one or 2 shimmys. The loreweaver will help you a lot since it has actual defenses on it compared to tabula.

Here are some poe.T links btw.
Scepter: http://poe.trade/search/mitakihorazasi
Wand: http://poe.trade/search/otararisiturih

Daggers cant have the %lightning so I tend to not search for them atleast. But yeah.. Those two are with %lightning dmg and spell crit. if you look for that and a free prefix for crafting you can find some really solid choices.

Thank you for the reply. If you are using wands, do you whirling blades for your movement skill? I switched over to shield charge the other day and liked it a lot. I'm not sure if I want to go 2 shimmeron or 1 and shield.

Basically my defenses are pretty solid right now as is, even with the tabula. It's my killing that's slowed down a lot recently. I'm wondering if switching to a shimmeron now and delaying the loreweave is going to deal too much damage to me w/o the max resistances. Also, how vital is 80 to max resistances on the lore weave vs say 78 or 79? Also, what other stat lines on the loreweave should we be looking at when purchasing one?

Thank you very much for that quick reply.
"
srt4eblue wrote:

Thank you for the reply. If you are using wands, do you whirling blades for your movement skill? I switched over to shield charge the other day and liked it a lot. I'm not sure if I want to go 2 shimmeron or 1 and shield.

Basically my defenses are pretty solid right now as is, even with the tabula. It's my killing that's slowed down a lot recently. I'm wondering if switching to a shimmeron now and delaying the loreweave is going to deal too much damage to me w/o the max resistances. Also, how vital is 80 to max resistances on the lore weave vs say 78 or 79? Also, what other stat lines on the loreweave should we be looking at when purchasing one?

Thank you very much for that quick reply.

If it were me, I'd go for Loreweave first, because people can kill Uber Elders with rare scepter and rare shield, which means: the damage is enough, even without Shimmeron (google "arc trap uber elder")
For Loreweave I'd pay attention to: 80-max-res > Life > Ele damage > Crit
Defensive stats are priority, because damage is enough for end game.
You can then use a temple helm to further enhance your defense (phys damage from hit taken as ele damage)
I took a look at your character, you can buy a new 1h-weapon and a pair of shaped +1 trap throw gloves to improve clear speed. Tabula will still be good until Uber Elders.
Last edited by koros on Jun 9, 2018, 11:03:21 AM
"
alevil1234 wrote:
What would be the order for Arc if i only have an 5L Loreweave? cant look into pob right now. Thanks.

arc+trap support+added lightning+lightning penetration+cluster trap
Hey, nice Guide... a stupid question, why you using Loreweave instead of Tinkerskin? just for res and crit?
"
weini89 wrote:
Hey, nice Guide... a stupid question, why you using Loreweave instead of Tinkerskin? just for res and crit?

There's no "real" benefit from Tinkerskin for this build:
- main damange skill is Arc Trap which has no cooldown
- frenzy charge gain: not very helpful
- Phasing: we're not running into or through pack, so ... not helpful
- 100 life / es gain: per trap, but if 1 trap is triggered, the others will be trigger by Chain Reaction ascendancy. Those triggered by CR don't count, which means only 100life/es per throw -> nearly useless

And you can gain benefit from most of the features on Loreweave:
-Life + Mana : for EHP and MoM
-Ele damage + crit: we want crit and crit multi, yay!
-80 max res: increases EHP by alot!

In short, because Loreweave is good and Tinkerskin is bad, playing a trap build doesnt mean you need all gears with "trap mods" on it :p
p/s: I've watched videos of people kill Uber Elders with Loreweave and Tinkerskin, so I'd say any chests will take you there, just matter of better or worse :)
I'm thinking of giving this a shot, how much worse is a 79% max res loreweave? I just 6linked one, wondering if I should flip it or if the degen isn't that much worse?
"
Noitee wrote:
I'm thinking of giving this a shot, how much worse is a 79% max res loreweave? I just 6linked one, wondering if I should flip it or if the degen isn't that much worse?

Gratz on the 6link ;-)
79 all res is still very good. Should be good enough for uber elder. If the other stats are top notch, you might as well keep it. Otherwise... You could always reroll the stats once you have a few divine orbs set aside.
I would like to know why did u use added lightning damage support as 6L for arc instead of elemental focus for example? Elemental focus would give us much more dps right? Sorry for being noob...
Last edited by Shetzki on Jun 9, 2018, 7:11:42 PM
Another question: how important is vaal arc? I had a level 21 arc already, is it worth flipping this one and getting a 21 vaal arc? I'm planning on only running one life flask, would diamond flask be a good alternative to vaal arc?
why does a trap need a trap glove?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info