Red Elder not giving Memory Fragment

"
IamLoco wrote:
Now after killing the first guardian, I even have 4 (four!) t15 maps indicating that the boss would drop a memory fragment. Of course, he wouldn´t as the Elder is not sitting on that map.

Here is an image.
https://imgur.com/a/GJkxJ4J

And here the proof that I am on 14/15 fragments:
https://imgur.com/a/6ai1CU1

Did you actually try killing one of the regular bosses in the marked maps? The quest just tells you that you have 14 out of 15, the fragments do not have to be collected in a strict sequence. It's quite possible that you have your red-elder fragment already and are missing the "T15 map under elder influence"-fragment.
"
aRTy42 wrote:
"
IamLoco wrote:
Now after killing the first guardian, I even have 4 (four!) t15 maps indicating that the boss would drop a memory fragment. Of course, he wouldn´t as the Elder is not sitting on that map.

Here is an image.
https://imgur.com/a/GJkxJ4J

And here the proof that I am on 14/15 fragments:
https://imgur.com/a/6ai1CU1

Did you actually try killing one of the regular bosses in the marked maps? The quest just tells you that you have 14 out of 15, the fragments do not have to be collected in a strict sequence. It's quite possible that you have your red-elder fragment already and are missing the "T15 map under elder influence"-fragment.

Yes I did, several times actually. No fragment from these maps.
No fragment either.

GGG best scam artist ever. Too bad you dont have any competitor right now on the market. Would dump this game ages ago. No other games got such lengthy bug report page.
same issue tonight on T13 shrine map kill.

Theamazonbasin
Last edited by Godfeast_1 on Jul 2, 2018, 3:45:59 AM
"
Hartlin_GGG wrote:
So, there's a little bit of misinformation on our part with regards to how a Memory Fragment is dropped in the Elder fight. The Shaper must survive the fight. So, in other words, you must defend him successfully in the portal phase of the fight, otherwise a Memory Fragment will not drop.

We've done some testing internally to make sure that a Memory Fragment always drops as intended and everything is working as expected.

I have updated the 3.3.0 patch notes to clarify the fact that Shaper must survive as well. We will clarify this information in-game at a later time as well.

Sorry for any confusion here. Hopefully this clears things up a bit.

This is a shit move. Just sayin
Theamazonbasin
4th time killed elder in red maps. still 14/15. At last 2 kills, shaper was alive.
don't know if its a bug or something but it's really annoying. Spending tons of currency for the maps and lots of time to clear all those maps.

And the worst thing is, no one has a clue about it.
same problem :/ killed red elder two times but no memory fragment
same problem here, no 15th shaper orb drop even though the map said "contains memory fragment" before i ran the map
same problem, red map, said it would give fragment but didnt. shaper survived without any problems. this is so annoing. clearly there NOT everything is working as intended, still bugged
Last edited by Marake on Jul 12, 2018, 9:56:45 AM
Also having the same issue. I am at 14/15 memory fragments. From what I understand from what others have said my quest progress would suggest I am missing a guardian fragment however Elder has had "contains memory fragment" on the last 2 "waves" of elders I have done. This new system for memory fragments is horrible. If this isn't a bug and is intended then this is just really bad design. There is no way to force Elder or his guardians to spawn on a t15 and its complete RNG to where they actually decide to spawn in the territory. This is gross RNG for a quest. Endgame quest or not this is just poor design. If you do not have a way of forcing spawns in the desired tier it should be 100% drop chance and more than anything the quest should tell you exactly which fragment you are missing. Either through speaking to zana or through the quest log. It does not tell you exactly which 1.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info