Red Elder not giving Memory Fragment

Just killed Elder on a Spider Forest map, and got no Memory Fragment on June 20, 2018 around 4:10 pm CST. Kinda sucks to get my first ever Red Elder kill (and Elder kill in general), but not receive his fragment.
So, there's a little bit of misinformation on our part with regards to how a Memory Fragment is dropped in the Elder fight. The Shaper must survive the fight. So, in other words, you must defend him successfully in the portal phase of the fight, otherwise a Memory Fragment will not drop.

We've done some testing internally to make sure that a Memory Fragment always drops as intended and everything is working as expected.

I have updated the 3.3.0 patch notes to clarify the fact that Shaper must survive as well. We will clarify this information in-game at a later time as well.

Sorry for any confusion here. Hopefully this clears things up a bit.
"
Hartlin_GGG wrote:
So, there's a little bit of misinformation on our part with regards to how a Memory Fragment is dropped in the Elder fight. The Shaper must survive the fight. So, in other words, you must defend him successfully in the portal phase of the fight, otherwise a Memory Fragment will not drop.

We've done some testing internally to make sure that a Memory Fragment always drops as intended and everything is working as expected.

I have updated the 3.3.0 patch notes to clarify the fact that Shaper must survive as well. We will clarify this information in-game at a later time as well.

First of all, thank you for answering here!
As some people here did exactly that and didnt get the fragment, there has to be another condition.
Do elder guardians have to be on red maps as well to get the 15th fragment or something?
Do shaped red maps count towards those red maps? I guess so, because they show the blue circle on the atlas beforehand.

I don't know if it is possible for you to check, but i have done Elder on red maps 3 times this league.
The 2nd and 3rd time shaper survived, i don't know about the first try. Got my fragment with the 3rd try though and not with the 2nd.
The only difference i noticed was, that my last try was on "real" red maps, not shaped onces, with all guardians beeing on reds as well (2nd try was on a shaped map, first try on t11 waterways with mixed guardians yellow and red).
Last edited by nOxinification on Jun 21, 2018, 11:48:05 AM
Still bugged!!!!!!!!!
no 15th fragment too(((
This just happened to me. Shaper survived the fight and no fragment dropped. :( This is really upsetting.
"
Hartlin_GGG wrote:

How about removing the "Map boss has a shaper´s memory fragment" blue circle if the map is not even possessed by the elder himself?
Right now I have 3 T15 maps saying it contains my last (15th) fragment although the Elder spawned on a T12 map.

Can´t you get that solved somehow? It´s not only misleading, it´s really a bug.
Here´s an image:

https://imgur.com/a/abESKfo
Now after killing the first guardian, I even have 4 (four!) t15 maps indicating that the boss would drop a memory fragment. Of course, he wouldn´t as the Elder is not sitting on that map.

Here is an image.
https://imgur.com/a/GJkxJ4J

And here the proof that I am on 14/15 fragments:
https://imgur.com/a/6ai1CU1
Last edited by IamLoco on Jun 30, 2018, 4:52:43 PM
Seems like there is some rng involved since some players do not get the fragment despite shaper surviving. I got the 15:th fragment on my first attempt so i guess i was lucky.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a dice roll needed to get the fragment or something like that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info