Being level 100 needs to be more sacred than it is now

"
Being level 100 should be entirely anticlimactic and make you ask "why on earth did I do that?".

That's-The-Joke.jpg. It already is!
Fuck it, at this point just make level 90-100 an MTX. It only matters to people who invest too much time and money into this game anyways.
This is a buff™
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
It already is!
Yes, I wasn’t suggesting this would be a change.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
A difficult game should give their players a hard time leveling. An easy game shouldn't. But that doesn't happen in this game anymore. There is an imbalance in that regard. They should either increase the max level to smooth out the progress of leveling past 95 or make lvling to 100 easier. OR try and make it hard again now that tencent handles business and chris can dedicate all his time to the game :)

People have a lot of issues confusing "difficulty" with "boring, drooling grind."

I guess if the difficulty you seek is the urge to not kill yourself, then sure, it's a hard grind. Otherwise, from an efficiency standpoint, it's a boring fucking grind.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I've mentioned before, that if GGG's actual goal is to try and keep ladder-competing streamers in each league as long as possible, there's far better options than driving away other slightly-less-intense players in favor of adding up to a couple hours' more of exposure on Twitch before said players go back to Overwatch or PUBG.

Simply put, remove the level cap on all temporary leagues. (e.g, seasonal challenge leagues, 30 & 10-day races, etc.) All that's needed are the following stipulations:

• Levels past 100 do not confer any benefit whatsoever to the player's stats: no new passive point, no +12 life, +6 mana, +3 evasion, or +2 accuracy rating are granted. All scripted effects that use the player's character level (e.g, Poet's Pen) will count any 100+ player as exactly level 100. In essence, this extra level is purely cosmetic only.

• Every new level would still require increasingly larger experience numbers, following the same slope as prior levels.

• Out-of-level experience penalties would still apply; naturally, since no zones exist above monster level 84, this means the penalty would become EXTREMELY harsh real quick.

• Once on Standard, all player levels would be fixed if 100 or above: no further advancement would be possible.

• Obviously, they'd have to alter the datatype for EXP storage from being a 32-bit unsigned integer to a 64-bit one; (as the current cap could only hold 44,632,851 more EXP than level 100 has) this is actually easier than it might sound to some. (It'd be similar, but less complex than when any online system upgrades their password system to be more secure)

With all that in place, it'd eliminate the "5-day race to be the first to permanently take #1 on the ladder," and make it a perpetual struggle; the #1 would have to sink far, far, FAR more time; in theory, potentially over a thousand hours, as stopping for a moment would mean that someone else who DIDN'T stop could catch up.

With this out of the way, GGG could also rescind a lot of the really skewed EXP nerfs that did little to stop pro streamers from racing, but instead made the game too painful to keep playing as long for those who aren't AS obsessed with the game.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
ACGIFT wrote:
I've mentioned before, that if GGG's actual goal is to try and keep ladder-competing streamers in each league as long as possible, there's far better options than driving away other slightly-less-intense players in favor of adding up to a couple hours' more of exposure on Twitch before said players go back to Overwatch or PUBG.

Let me point out some faults in your proposal

You assume people want to grind same character for 90 days of league duration... that's just wrong. If you talk to those 100 competing players, they have somewhat sense of relief that they are done and they can go either play other character, or play something else.
If the poposal would be "play this single char for 90 days, watch for the competition, they can catch you with good enough XP/h, and don't die!" i think they would just drop off the race and would not even bother. So as far as human psychology concerned, your proposal would have exactly the opposite effect than you are proposing.

It takes different mind set when concerning race with clear finish line (lvl 100) and different mind set on time limited races when it comes to long term events (90 days, still gonna take the major one as the main one). I would say none of the viewers would enjoy watching bored player playing same build for 90 days.

Take example from D3 - there is unlimited paragon level, unlimited RIFT level. And how many views D3 has? Not many.
Other games are not comparable as those fps games have variety within same gameplay. in PoE you would have to respec your char to experience something else. Not impossible, but it's not like you can change everything with snap of a finger.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
guys, OP stopped talking on page one...he got the message :-)
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
ACGIFT wrote:

Simply put, remove the level cap on all temporary leagues. (e.g, seasonal challenge leagues, 30 & 10-day races, etc.) All that's needed are the following stipulations:

• Levels past 100 do not confer any benefit whatsoever to the player's stats: no new passive point, no +12 life, +6 mana, +3 evasion, or +2 accuracy rating are granted. All scripted effects that use the player's character level (e.g, Poet's Pen) will count any 100+ player as exactly level 100. In essence, this extra level is purely cosmetic only.

• Every new level would still require increasingly larger experience numbers, following the same slope as prior levels.

• Out-of-level experience penalties would still apply; naturally, since no zones exist above monster level 84, this means the penalty would become EXTREMELY harsh real quick.

• Once on Standard, all player levels would be fixed if 100 or above: no further advancement would be possible.

• Obviously, they'd have to alter the datatype for EXP storage from being a 32-bit unsigned integer to a 64-bit one; (as the current cap could only hold 44,632,851 more EXP than level 100 has) this is actually easier than it might sound to some. (It'd be similar, but less complex than when any online system upgrades their password system to be more secure)

With all that in place, it'd eliminate the "5-day race to be the first to permanently take #1 on the ladder," and make it a perpetual struggle; the #1 would have to sink far, far, FAR more time; in theory, potentially over a thousand hours, as stopping for a moment would mean that someone else who DIDN'T stop could catch up.

With this out of the way, GGG could also rescind a lot of the really skewed EXP nerfs that did little to stop pro streamers from racing, but instead made the game too painful to keep playing as long for those who aren't AS obsessed with the game.

I am interested in your opinions and would like to subscribe to your Newsletter.

This is a brilliant idea. Per race that is. I wouldn't make it permanent, and reset ladders as per usual, if I read your post correctly.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on May 24, 2018, 11:08:23 AM
How did I know OP had zero lvl 100s before even clicking on thread? Not even a 95 yikes
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
This is a brilliant idea. Per race that is. I wouldn't make it permanent, and reset ladders as per usual, if I read your post correctly.

Yeah, the stipulation is that you could not exceed level 100 on Standard/permanent HC. I'm still not entirely settled on whether characters transfered to permanent leagues should be "de-leveled" to 100, or any other change (e.g, they'd only show as level 100 in parties) but at the very minimum, there's no such ladder progression in permanent leagues, which'd mean that they'd only show up on the SC/HC ladders as 100. (and ordered by the date of hitting 100, same as it presently is)
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info