Being level 100 needs to be more sacred than it is now

"
Molochmane wrote:

+1

If you watched the streamers, raiz/uberelite were dying in the last level and complaining non-stop about what an awful push the last few levels are now. Even the people whose job it is to play and stream the game are beginning to hate the game with these idiotic changes that are being made.

I'll tell you the truth: Nobody likes to do the same thing OVER AND OVER. Back in the day when you could gain levels faster, people would make other toons, but now it takes longer to get to the same point and people get bored more easily and feel less motivated to build a new char knowing what an awful grind it will be, so if you're not willing to suffer the grind you're basically going to have an 'incomplete' character
Increasing the XP requirement only increases the time needed, not the actual challenge. Not to say flashback had a fuckton of monsters and people where playing in 4 man parties with curse + aura supports one carry for killing trash and one guy to melt bosses. I'm also assuming that you are looking at softcore which is the easy mode.

In HC SSF there are only 7 lvl 100 in 18 days and i know 3 of them stream on twitch. And that's considering the amount of density Flashback had (3 league mods per zone).

In fact only 10 got lvl 100 in Bestiary league and just look at the insane amount that died at level 99.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on May 22, 2018, 3:45:57 PM
d:-D*
yeah and the earth is flat....
I dont see any any key!
"
They've been trying. Keyword TRYING. Right now the only way to make it more difficult is to double/triple/quadruple/... the exp requirement for levels 90-100. Problem is, it would still be easy and level 100 would only become a "this guy can play the game 24/7 in league" - achievement.

Lvl 100 can only be achieved running optimized parties with two or more support toons, most of them probably multi-boxing.

For typical solo players it's simply not achievable in any same time period. Look at the big solo streamers - they pretty much quit at 91 or 92 and reroll with newly acquired loot. Playing toward 100 is pointless.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
My highest char to date is 97... It was slowly but surely going for 100, but then Perandus happened. That league practically tripled the number of existing lvl 100 chars, effectively destroying whatever slight prestige achieving a lvl 100 had left. My 97's been collecting dust ever since.
Level 100 should NOT be sacred, period. As OP said, it makes little difference once you're already 90+ and have great gear. It's an utterly purposeless grind placed on a pedestal for absolutely no reason, and it's time for both GGG and the community to abandon this bizarre obsession with preventing people from reaching it.

It's already torture to get to 95 unless you're doing some perfectly optimized meta party play 16 hours a day, and it makes no sense to me why 91+ should be reserved for players who do that. Has nothing to do with challenge or skill, just another way the game heavily incentivizes building characters in a very specific, narrow fashion with far fewer options than advertised.

For GGG to go to war with streamers over this would just make the game more torturous for the vast majority of dedicated players (not even talking about casuals here). There are many other ways to preserve and introduce challenge in PoE without resorting to the incredibly lazy tactic of increasing experience required to level. That's not "content" or even real "difficulty," it's just bad design.

I already do not enjoy how long it takes to level past 90 and have never understood what the zealous devotion to those last 10 levels brings to the game. In fact, I believe designing around it has harmed the endgame experience.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
For the average Joe player such as myself, leveling to 100 was quite the long ass journey and did take me months of chipping away at it in Standard.

I'm satisfied to have done it once. I wouldn't do it a second time.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
So where's your level 100?

OMEGALUL

OP has max level 91 and these include characters before xp nerfs & beachhead l0l0.
PoE breeds some weird ass people who have absolutely no knowledge or even experience to make suggestions, yet they still do.
If ANYTHING the push needed for level 100 should be decreased, not increased. Right now 99.9% don't give a shit getting even past 93.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
"
Molochmane wrote:

+1

If you watched the streamers, raiz/uberelite were dying in the last level and complaining non-stop about what an awful push the last few levels are now. Even the people whose job it is to play and stream the game are beginning to hate the game with these idiotic changes that are being made.

I'll tell you the truth: Nobody likes to do the same thing OVER AND OVER. Back in the day when you could gain levels faster, people would make other toons, but now it takes longer to get to the same point and people get bored more easily and feel less motivated to build a new char knowing what an awful grind it will be, so if you're not willing to suffer the grind you're basically going to have an 'incomplete' character

Ya I actually caught some of that. It's funny, nugi was the one to complain about the grind and got another XP Penalty tacked on, and now is no longer racing for 100 like a fucking coward.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info